Sign in to follow this  
jamtf

Show us your crew!

Well the title says it all actually, let's see what variety you have in your pirate crew. Do you only have the original Lego pirates with no alterings or do you make custom pirates by mixing parts such as faces, bandana's, headgear, torsos, legs from other themes, etc. I am currently awaiting the arrival of a few parts to get a better variation in my crew. I will even have a few black pirates to crew my ships.

My old stock pirates are still packed up from my dark ages. My 'new' ones are all recent eBay and Bricklink purchases and right now I'm just recreating every one of the 80 or so combinations of official minifigs. Once I've done that, I'll start the mix and match.

Pics when I can, but right now it's just boring lines of standards (about 30 types and a bunch of imperial dupes)

Good idea though, I'd like to see some of the mix and matching stuff that's been done using all official parts for future ideas. Technically my sigfig is a pirate, or former pirate, or undercover imperial officer, or ... he's still a mystery, just the way I like it. Obviously he's composed of primarily a Qui Gon mixed with pirate head and tricorn.

All I use are Jedi torsos, and some bodies from the spider-man sets. All you have to do is add a hat, maybe a hook, and they look like bloodthirsty pirates!

Well the title says it all actually, let's see what variety you have in your pirate crew. Do you only have the original Lego pirates with no alterings or do you make custom pirates by mixing parts such as faces, bandana's, headgear, torsos, legs from other themes, etc. I am currently awaiting the arrival of a few parts to get a better variation in my crew. I will even have a few black pirates to crew my ships.

Hey jamtf,

Just for your info, i think there is already a thread very similar to this one called Pictures of your troops.

If it's the same topic then i suggest posting pics in the thread i mentioned, then feel free to post pics in the older thread. *y*

If you want this thread to be different from the other thread, please specify how, otherwise this thread will probably be closed.

P

Well, troops are merely soldiers and armies consisting of many of the same type i.e. imperials or clone troopers / storm troopers for instance. I do not want to see that since I am not interested in generic figs with a different face. 8-(

What I want to see is different pirates, not armies or soldiers but different designs of PIRATES. Perhaps some people have been very creative by making new minifigs from different parts of other Lego lines and maybe we can get new ideas by seeing what others have done. 8-o

Is this explanation clear enough? :-/

Well, troops are merely soldiers and armies consisting of many of the same type i.e. imperials or clone troopers / storm troopers for instance. I do not want to see that since I am not interested in generic figs with a different face. 8-(

What I want to see is different pirates, not armies or soldiers but different designs of PIRATES. Perhaps some people have been very creative by making new minifigs from different parts of other Lego lines and maybe we can get new ideas by seeing what others have done. 8-o

Is this explanation clear enough? :-/

Yea! he's right. There is a big diff between the two threads. |-/

I don't have any pics but I created my own sailors and pirates that have nothing to do with the pirate theme.They are for my own private war between the revolutionarys and the medievals.My proffesional sailors are clad in gray,while my pirates are just figs made of left-over torsos and so forth.

Would you like a description added to your thread to further clarify this? I'll admit when I first saw the thread title my reaction was similiar to that of Phred's, but upon reading the first post I learnt otherwise.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see your customs!

Would you like a description added to your thread to further clarify this? I'll admit when I first saw the thread title my reaction was similiar to that of Phred's, but upon reading the first post I learnt otherwise.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see your customs!

If you think it is more "savvy" for people to understand what is meant with this thread feel free to add a description to the title. As I said, I am still working on mine, I am awaiting the arrival of some parts and I am doing some fine tuning here and there just to be sure that the figs look the way I think is best.

pirates_176.jpg

My custom swashbucklers

Do I see a metallic silver or pearl light gray cutlass in that picture? Where did that came from if I may ask?

Do I see a metallic silver or pearl light gray cutlass in that picture? Where did that came from if I may ask?

COBI pirate LEGO clones, I'd bet.

COBI pirate LEGO clones, I'd bet.

Might be. Fact is that there are some similar colored cutlasses for sale on BrickLink. I just checked. Could it be that those sellers are selling clone brand pieces thinking that it is genuine Lego?

Here are some first shots of the crew I am working on. Remember this is still work in progress but they do look different compared to the original Lego pirates. The black pirate in the white shirt with the neon green hook is Captain Blingbling (he did not settle for a grey hook but wanted something special). The brown hands on the black pirates are missing, they have been purchased on BL but are still underway. In the background you see my 6289 Red Beard Runner ship.

pirates.jpg

pirates2.jpg

Might be. Fact is that there are some similar colored cutlasses for sale on BrickLink. I just checked. Could it be that those sellers are selling clone brand pieces thinking that it is genuine Lego?

Something like that, yes. Although those are advertised as chrome silver and are probably from an even cheaper ripp-off clone brand, the Chinese 'Enlighten'.

Brickshelf Gallery.

These are direct blatant copies of Lego sets made by Chinese who don't follow patent laws. Naughty, naughty.

You could say, jamtf, that it's a hook of glass or a ruby.

You could say, jamtf, that it's a hook of glass or a ruby.

It is made of reinforced emerald. X-D

My custom swashbucklers

Errrr... Could we see them front-on? From a top view we can't really see which faces and torsos you're using.

It is made of reinforced emerald. X-D

I forget which theme did those translucent hooks come from? Time Cruisers? Alpha Team?

Errrr... Could we see them front-on? From a top view we can't really see which faces and torsos you're using.

I forget which theme did those translucent hooks come from? Time Cruisers? Alpha Team?

Aquazone and since I am not a fan of that, they all go in my pirate collection. :-D Alpha Team sets sometimes included red and blue hooks that came with Ogel minifigs.

First of all i like to thanks all the contributors to the Great Torso Library for the custom torsos. A large part of my pirate minifigs are based on it.

So here are some pics, not only my crew but also other pirate minifigs involved in my imperial trading post (ok ok the pics are taken in front of the corner coffee because my imperial trading post is under maintenance for a while).

DSC05909.JPG

DSC05910.JPG

DSC05912.JPG

The brickshelf link is waiting for moderation

First of all i like to thanks all the contributors to the Great Torso Library for the custom torsos. A large part of my pirate minifigs are based on it.

So here are some pics, not only my crew but also other pirate minifigs involved in my imperial trading post (ok ok the pics are taken in front of the corner coffee because my imperial trading post is under maintenance for a while).

That's a nice caffinated crew ya got there *y* :-D

Is there going to be a ship for this crew or going to hang out at the coffee shop? ;-)

Hey i know, they could be on the HMS Maxwellhouse and not drink rum but coffee :-P

P

That's a nice caffinated crew ya got there *y* :-D

Is there going to be a ship for this crew or going to hang out at the coffee shop? ;-)

Hey i know, they could be on the HMS Maxwellhouse and not drink rum but coffee :-P

P

The Imperial trading post is under maintenance, pictures -after work in progress- are scheduled.

Links have been repaired in the two posts by the way.