kabel

GoH on Lego Fan Events

i was thinking that it would be cool to see where you guys are planning to take your mocs this year in order to exhibited. So this thread is intended to get know each other better in person on the one hand and on the other hand, to promote GoH at all the events that happen out there in the world. So you please post which event you are going to go to and which members are going to be there too. I will add this first post with all the new information.

It'd be nice for you if you too posted where you are planning to attend and possibly whether you are going to dsiplay something from the GoH world.

Event:

Brickworld Chicago, USA

Date: June 14th - 15th

Participants:

Gideon

rogueang - displaying several GoH mocs

mpoh98 - possibly displaying something

SkaForHire

MKJosha

Hyler Talliwell

Event:

Lego Fan Weekend Skærbæk, Denmark

Date: 26-28 September 2014

Paticipants:

Gideon - displaying: Nordana Caslte, Swamplands Tower, Mitgardian Trade

Rolli

Event:

Brickmania Antwerpen, Belgium

Date: 14th-15th November 2014

Participants:

kabel - displaying: port of Thorshaven (and so far still needs a place to sleep)

DaMaximus?

Tomsche

Synbiote?

I will bring Nordana Castle to Skaerbaek as part of the Swebrick medieval landscape, and I'm thinking of also not dismantling my Swamplands Tower and Mitgardian Trade before that to have something to show from the other guilds as well :classic:

For Kaliphlin I must build something grander than those 32x32 MOCs of course. My Sultan's Gate main gate would have been nice to bring if it was built for display and not just for photography from 2 sides...but I would rather build something new than put a lot of effort and bricks in adapting that for display. Right now I'm really eager to build a part of Barqa, inspired by Kabel's nice modular city and there's also the possibility of building some other parts of Sultan's Gate :classic:

Sadly, I will probably not be able to bring any MOCs to Brickworld Chicago...I will need all weight allowance I have for bringing bricks (and well, probably some other stuff much cheaper over there) back to Europe...

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you GoH members!

Edited by Gideon

I would love to go to Brickworld but I'm going to Yellow Stone national park this June and we won't be taking any more trips for a while. :sad: (but yay for Yellow Stone!)

That's funny Kabel !! Last year we were neighbours on Brickmania !!

And yes , We ( junkstylgio and I ) were planning to go to Brickmania again ! I'm planning another Attack of the Clones , and I'm planning to get my CTT ready this year.

( knowing that what we build is no GoH )

Grtz Saint

Edited by Saint

I will be at Brickworld, and I will be bringing WAY too many bricks. I only live 2 hours away and I actually drove home the first day last year to grab some bricks I forgot to bring.

Hmm, I'd love to exhibit somewhere... anyone know if there were any ever updates on Brickmagic 2014?

There is also the Lego Philadelphia Brikfest at the end of April, I believe the 25th and 26th. I originally was going to bring a large GoH MOC I have been working on, but because I have decided to buy a house, I have decided to try and save more money. I still plan on attending at least one of the public days, so if any other GoH-ers are planning on attending, let me know!

I will bring Nordana Castle to Skaerbaek as part of the Swebrick medieval landscape, and I'm thinking of also not dismantling my Swamplands Tower and Mitgardian Trade before that to have something to show from the other guilds as well :classic:

Sadly, I will probably not be able to bring any MOCs to Brickworld Chicago...I will need all weight allowance I have for bringing bricks (and well, probably some other stuff much cheaper over there) back to Europe...

Looking forward meeting you at Skaerbaek, I assume you signed up in time then?

As for Brickworld, I won't be able to come this year. But I already planned next year again! And about bricking mocs, I actually brought quite a few and had plenty room to bring bricks back!

Looking forward meeting you at Skaerbaek, I assume you signed up in time then?

As for Brickworld, I won't be able to come this year. But I already planned next year again! And about bricking mocs, I actually brought quite a few and had plenty room to bring bricks back!

Yes, a fellow Swebrick member texted me and told me to hurry up which was lucky since I was in the middle of travelling back to Sweden from a business trip and had not sat down with a computer in time otherwise. Thankfully, I could sign up using my phone as I was going from the airport :classic:

It's tempting to bring something to represent the guilds, but as I'm travelling with my family there's a lot of luggage that's not mine and my wife already wants to do some serious shopping over there in addition to my bricks :wink:

@Eccs: So are you going to make it to Antwerpen this Year?

@Saint: didn't know you were here too. Looking foward to seeing you again!

nothing on LegoWorld Utrecht (formerly in Zwolle) this year?

Depending on how my spare time develops te next couple of months, i might take some of my projects there.

I might also go to Antwerp as a visitor... keep me posted

Edited by narbilu

I am going to Brickworld, and will/might bring a newer GoH moc, depending on how many pieces I have left after other collabs. :) I look forward to meeting you other GoH members!

Edited by mpoh98

I am going to Brickworld, and will/might bring a newer GoH moc, depending on how many pieces I have left after other collabs. :) I look forward to meeting you other GoH members!

Excellent! I will also have a new GoH MoC with me.

I *might* be putting some pieces in with the BeLug clubs big display, namely the Storage AoM build, and perhaps some other thingies left or right.

okay guys, I will try to update the first post regularily, but rough be do so too. For instance, I have no idea about the precise date of the Chicago event.

okay guys, I will try to update the first post regularily, but rough be do so too. For instance, I have no idea about the precise date of the Chicago event.

Great!

Brickworld Chicago is June 14-15.

The builds I mentioned were my idea of what to display at Skaerbaek, can't possibly fit that castle in my luggage and bring it to the US :wink:

Even though I probably won't be able to make it, does anyone know how I would register to have one of my builds shown at brick world?

Edited by Bkrosell

Even though I probably won't be able to make it, does anyone know how I would register to have one of my builds shown at brick world?

Check http://www.brickworld.us, I think you need to be a "full access" participant to be able to put builds on display.

Check http://www.brickworld.us, I think you need to be a "full access" participant to be able to put builds on display.

Thanks Gideon, I'm hoping I can make it to Brickworld Chicago, If I do I will hopefully display a GoH build I have had up on a shelf for a while Edited by Bkrosell

So do you guys think I should stick this post? Yes I know, there are too many up there already. But I think it'd be cool if it didn't get lost in bowels of this forum.