xwingyoda

Train Station (7997) Pic Review

All aboard !! The train nr 7997 coming from Springfield to Lego city is currently approaching !! Unfortunatly due to the suprise strike of those lousy French workers, the train will not mark any stops !! Next treain in a week !!

That set is a Jou Club exclusive (at least here in Paris) and costs 39.99 euro. I think its a must have set for all the city fans out there!! Oh well, lets have that review rolling. Enjoy !!

As always, here is a pic of the instruction booklet and tiny/puny DSS.

img_4064.jpg

img_4065.jpg

1/The Mfs and accessories

*MFs*

Out of the 5 Mfs, 3 are workers (train employee with train logo on torso) and 2 are civilians (a guy in a suit and a cool dude with the classic space logo jacket (I love that torso really !!).

img_4068.jpg

img_4071.jpg

The interesting thing is the nice smiley faces - a nice new way of having smileys that change a tiny bit.

img_4076.jpg

*Train Cart*

That cart is way better than the one in the advent calendar set. The colours are better and its really better designed. Lets look at this carty and comparison pics after:

img_4077.jpg

img_4078.jpg

img_4079.jpg

img_4081.jpg

*Smaller extras*

One pic to show them all !! I didn't know the bar had 2 bottles and a croissant (yeay !!).

img_4083.jpg

2/Overal views of the station

I really like this train station a lot more than the previous one. I really love the classic feel to it: its a nice small town station without the modernity looks of a megalopole !! Can this means that next year we will have a new older looking passenger train ? I seriously would hope so !!

img_4084.jpg

img_4087.jpg

img_4088.jpg

The station is actually 2 parts combined: the train platform and the station building.

img_4089.jpg

img_4091.jpg

3/Details of the station (aka the *yoda* twitch :-P )

Lego included really neat extras in that set !! I will start in the order by which *yoda* (me and SW lolol) needs to go in order to catch his train (when those lousy workers are not in strike that is).

Our green creature from the swamps need to get his ticket first. There is the only modernity of that set: electronic ticketing (no counters = efficient work and no strikes looool when it actually works that is :-D ).

img_4093.jpg

img_4094.jpg

Then he has to go through the controls to reach the platform. Everything is in order *yoda* , please proceed !!

img_4097.jpg

img_4100.jpg

*yoda* has two waiting rooms for his wait, one even has a suitcase holder !!

img_4102.jpg

*yoda* can check the train routes (that should be included near the ticketing booth but what the heck !!). Paris train leaves at 11.34 hehe So Yoda can take it to visit the Eiffel Tower

img_4103.jpg

*yoda* can have the pleasure to go and eat in the small area where there is no employee unfortunatly !! Anyhow he used the force to get a drink lolol

img_4104.jpg

img_4106.jpg

img_4107.jpg

With his drink in hand (he already ate the only croissant tsts, there is no such French delights on Dagobah :-P ), he can go to the roof of the station where a table awaits him

img_4109.jpg

He can finally open the window and view the empty tracks hehe. No train in sight... His shadow kind of looks creepy...

img_4111.jpg

img_4112.jpg

Strikes and lack of employment discipline can ruin even the patience of the oldest jedi !! Our *yoda* decided to steal (not very jedi wise |-/ ) the train cart and is using the force to operate it (lets not forget he is 900 years old, heavy physical exercise is definitly out of the question :-D ) At this pace he will reach Paris in no time (lolol). Next time, do use your escape pod: I think he is too old to remember where he left it after the Kashyyyk retreat lolol

img_4114.jpg

img_4117.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this review and until next time, I bid you farwell...

*yoda*

Another nice review Yoda *y*!

Seems I have to go one more step to the Dark City side of the force and get this baby! It looks really nice!

Station On

copmike

If I were *yoda* I would have my drink at the roof with the bench/chair - the sun shines & it's nicer :-D!

He did, what did you expect :-P ? After all that looooog retreat on his swamp he neede to have a little sun on the roof to get a tan (or in his case a dark green :-D ).

Somehow I deleted the right pic :-D Oh well, I will add that one tomorrow !!

*yoda*

Wow! I am definetely going to buy this set any time soon!

I never thought there were going to be any windows in the structure, but those large ones from the Basketballsets look great.

Lovely ticketbox, the swivel entry fence looks kind of pointless though, but that one can be removed easily. The bar is quite nice with those two see-through closets (fridge?) and cashregister.

Just one thing: Why isn't Amsterdam on the departurelist, it was on most of the other stations lists....? :-( :-D

GO Yoda go! *yoda* *y*

Thank you for your review and the brilliant idea of including yourself into your short story here!

Man, I thought I wanted to skip all these sets, but now...

It's like the harbour set: I'm not enthusiastic about the building/ship, but the small details make it very interesting. Maybe I'll have to change my opinion on this set. I don't (yet) have passenger trains, though because I don't like the newer ones 7897 and 4511. :-|

Station On!

Man, I thought I wanted to skip all these sets, but now...

Wait till the Mars Mission reviews tomorrow :-P

And I d agree with you regarding 7897 & 4513: they are way too modern !! I love the classic fel of that one ;-)

*yoda*

this is pretty nice *yoda* !! love that ticket machine! and did you guys see that? "Brussels" is on the time table!!!!! Yeah!!!!

Great review Yoda - funny and informative (although a sad commentary on the state of the trains in France, I guess).

Lots of useful generic building parts - I figure with 4 of these a resectable train station can be made.

Those 1x5x5 trans clear bricks are amazing! I paid a buck each for them on bricklink a year ago. They are totally useful parts in anything you build (I was never able to really clean the print off the basketball ones).

Lots of little goodies.

I predict lots of bits of this set will end up in many different CC-Market street extensions.

Nothing useless in this set. Depending on the price point, this coudl be an incredible set. So far I like it best of all the new 2007 sets that I have not bought yet (CC of course is #1)

This is a very nice station building! I didn't know they made windows that size though...

This seems like a return to bricks rather than the last station they put out with all the curved windows and walls and such.

I love the little details in this set such as the new parcel sticker, the drinks dispensers at the shop, the refrigerators, etc. As someone else said not entirely sure about the turnstile though, seems a bit pointless.

I will have to buy this though. What is LEGO trying to do, bankrupt me?! What with Market Street, the gas station, the port, the garbage and cement trucks, and now this...

Now then, can we have that review of the gas station? This is the one I've been waiting on! :-D

Great review Yoda - funny and informative (although a sad commentary on the state of the trains in France, I guess).

They've had a good run.... let them not be fast for a change X-D

Thanks for the great review!

God Bless,

Nathan (in malicious disguise)

Thanks for this great review Yoda this has seriously tempted me to now buy this set because I wasn't actually planning to before hand. I love the cafe and the little piece of bread and there is a good selection of minifigs aswell! thanks! ;-)

Thankyou for a great review Yoda and nice clear photographs,this set is a must for me,does anyone know when its out in the UK? cheers

Thanks for the nice review, *yoda* !

I was already planning on getting this baby. But this review has sealed the deal even more!

The only thing that irks me is the inclusion of the rc track, no need for that. A female should have been included, what's up with this homo-erotic attitude of lego these days?

Wasn't the release date september ?

Thanks another time for thos review!

I was on your BS gallery this afternoon at work (pas bien!) and I see this not yet public folder. So I tried to find the good number of one pic to see it (with the direct link), but without success...

So I waited some minutes and read this review...

This station looks really good, with all those details!

I've got the 4513 station but this one looks better and better, with a "je ne sais quoi", a charming touch...

And all those details! (I know I've already say it!) The ticket machine is simply great! And the cafe section too, like the chairs and the part to put our luggage!

My 4513 will be destroyed >:-) !

I never thought there were going to be any windows in the structure, but those large ones from the Basketballsets look great.

I don't think that they are, they look more like trans container parts IMO.

And we have new faces yes, but they look rlike we have already seen their. And they are all brown. It's like it's the same head with different expression :-P

And for trains in France, I don't understand why is the interest of having the speed record on rails if common trains on the day-life are always late... :-|

But I've got some friends who said me that it's worse outside (like in Hungary and Portugal)

Very well done *yoda* . Your review was excellent. I wasn't really sure about this station, but with your review and the photos, I am definitly thinking about buying this one. I really liked the windows and the columns. I thought it was really cool to see TLC make columns in yellow. This is definitly a very neat set.

Thank you for the review *yoda* . Model on!

I may actually buy this one after all. Don't know what I'll do with the plastic rails though. I'll probably use them to display locomotives on my shelf, and save the 9v track for actual play value.

--Tony

a great set at a good price!

thanks yoda you have been making my days lately (well you and eurovision)

it looks very nice and i know you hate stickers and so do i but these are very good ones! and new ones!

a must have for me since i have never bought a station before but 4554 is still the best one

this isnt really a station is more like a platform that you find in a lot of villages here in Greece

and it does have a town feeling to it (which for me its great)

lots of cool accesories and nice figs but why isnt there a girl?? (again)

this is in my list with the fuel station and the garbage truck!!

review on *yoda* !

The station is actually 2 parts combined: the train platform and the station building.

*yoda*

That's really a nice and very funny review, thanks. *y*

The set is beautiful, with a classic touch and neat details like that little bar.

But actually it s the clever building style of that set which impressed me the most.

With only two of these I''m easily able to build a good looking customized station while

I'm still able to use the second platform for a nice additional station along my tracks.

Smart, and the price is also good. :-)

EDIT: What I dislike: TLC's Gynephobia. *n*

Great Review, as always

It does have a very classic feel to it

Love the kitchen/resturant area

The fridge and soda fountain are nice touches

:'-) More Lego food

Finally TLG realizes that lego minis eat more then just pizza :-D

After a couple of times they do get old

A must buy :-)

Are those all the New town sets you have so far?

Piranha

Wait till the Mars Mission reviews tomorrow :-P

Does this mean that they could be not as bad as everyone thinks?

I am curious to know what little town in the middle of Europe (my guess is that it would be in Der Schweiz-Switzerland) has a very small train station which allows a person to convenaitly board a train to any of the listed locations. I mean come on TGV, ICE, EUROSTAR EXPRESS, Whatever AVE runs, you name it. How many TGV trains stop at little stations? I thought it was just major city main stations. X-D

Otherwise a great set.

Do you mind if you aka *yoda* start showing up in my reviews with Gavin and Bianca?

BrickZone.net reviews

Oh not at all, far from it ;-) I love your reviews, they are really well done and funny, so please use me/ *yoda* in them :-D Don't forget to post the link hehe !!

And I do agree with you guys, there is a serious lack of females in those sets (I'm not asking for females truck drivers and what have you) but civilians or cshiers (...) |-/ Oh well, yippy, Exo Force has a female now, that makes my day :-|

*yoda*

Oh well, yippy, Exo Force has a female now, that makes my day :-|

I sense much irony in you.

Anyway, thanks for the review of this lovely set. Those smiley faces could be very useful for brickfilmers...