Sign in to follow this  
LegoFjotten

[SoNE Freebuild] The Derelict

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

We had boarded the mysterious Derelict without incident. The ship was in bad shape. Checking the ships computer we found out that what power was left was diverted to the central section, so we made our way there. Entering a dimly lit room we were shocked to find several huge liquid filled tanks...

13517358483_7845c92e9b_b.jpg

"Those looks like Mandalorians chief", Jackson said in disbelief. "I thought they were all killed during the Clone Wars!".

Looking at the tanks I noticed one of them was empty, the red light foreshadowing what was to come... I was startled by a sound and quickly turned to see a protocol droid emerging from the shadows.

The protocol droid uttered in it's metallic voice "Oh my, my master is not gonna like this!"

13517608074_d6ee080fd8_b.jpg

13517609874_47dd05bfc0_b.jpg

13517608704_2371261fe1_b.jpg

13517270055_e835088111_b.jpg

Notes:

I wanted to finally play around with the Technic LEDs, but I just don't have the proper patience for it... have had this moc sitting around for quite a while now. Did some test shots a while ago, and wanted to make more of this with a full story and a series of freebuilds, but now I need the parts for my next build.

I want this scored, comments & criticism are welcome as always!

:wub: That's a great build! all those little details! the piping! The LEDs! You made a good use of the gunner outfits as space/underwater suits too!

Great scene, love all the greebles - the frayed string around the pipe is particularly effective - Must remember that one :)

Nice ominous story too, looking forward to the next one!

K

If this is just a free build, I cant wait to see your Episode IV entry, the LEDs look ok, but the details on the walls, the door, and the console are simply astonishing, my only observation will be the insignificant fact that if I were to be put into hibernation, I would prefer it to be without my armor on.

As a fan of Star Wars books, I cringe at the divergence from canon that this story is. Mandalorians were around the whole time from Jango to Boba. However, that aside, this build is gorgeous! I love the layered slopes by the door, the LED lighting effects, the use of the reverse side of the brick-bricks on the door, and the slope near the ceiling. Amazing!

This is great work, you've got the lighting just right :thumbup:

I particularly like the design of the floor, including the dark red detailing and the recessed pipework. Using the cheese slopes for the door is ingenious, I might have to borrow that at some point! Oh, and nice TC-4 by the way :wink:

Thanks for all the comments guys, glad you like it!

As a fan of Star Wars books, I cringe at the divergence from canon that this story is. Mandalorians were around the whole time from Jango to Boba.

It is hardly non-canon just because one character in the scene happens to think the Mandalorians were all killed during the Clone Wars, after all there are 4 of what seems to be Mandalorians in the scene with him. :wink:

Oh, and nice TC-4 by the way :wink:

Indeed, thank you very much for that favour! :thumbup:

But why the chief are in the tanks with their helmets?? :grin:

Because they look much cooler with the helmets on, much like the Blues Brothers with their sunglasses at night. :tongue:

Excellent job! There's so much detail all around. The door is well made and I love the part just above the door. The lowered piping and the red lines really revitalize the plain floor. The lighting shot also came out pretty nice. My only complaint would be the rope part near the ceiling. It just doesn't seem to work for me. Ordinary pipe might have been better ...

I'm also not too fond of the scuba gear. Is all that under water? Also the Imperial uniforms could be changed, but I understand the need of the dark side. There's always time to switch! :)

And when did you decide to shave your goatee?

I too would like a TC-4 :D

Wow. Great build. The door and doorway - as others have mentioned - look just excellent. And I also really like the dark red detailing in the floor, gives it so much depth. I loved the story too, but can't help thinking there are "Aliens" aboard, and that makes me a bit scared...

Because they look much cooler with the helmets on, much like the Blues Brothers with their sunglasses at night. :tongue:

HAHAHA, nice.

This is a really cool MOC. The details, the lighting, and the SNOT techniques are awesome. Since coming out of my dark ages I'm always amazed at how great using bricks lying flat for a floor looks compared to the old school way of using plates.

Ok, so I actually feel like I learned some stuff from taking a good look at this build. Really cool stuff! I love the different textures, way you've used certain bricks, and the way you've mixed up the angles of things with SNOT. Very, very funky. MstrOfPpts comment about the rope part is one I have to agree with though, it's not quite gelling with the amazing look the rest of the scene has for me either. Brilliant build regardless.

Amazing work!

Great technique, many details end nice lightning.

Love it how you make the door!

markus

Definitly one of these builds, that make SoNE a place to be. Great construction and the light effects are really cool.

Hope you are building for the next episode ?

greets

Thanks for the comments!

Hopefully I will be able to participate in the next episode as well.

Looking forward to seeing your builds Markus & Disco, although I fear this does not bode well for the Rebel Alliance…