Hammerhand

Ch II - Prologue - Dark Times - Drow Tunnels

Here's my last minute entry to the dark times prologue challenge. The house is not so good, because I ran out of time, and it kept collapsing (which I suppose is what's supposed to happen...)

Grand Lords De Gothia and Simon,

I have urgent news regarding the drow in Avalonia. Raids in my lands of Ferinwald and other surrounding provinces have been increasing. Their tactic has been to tunnel under villages and houses, and then cave the tunnel in so the houses collapse. Once collapsed, drow come pouring out like ants. My people are in constant fear of an attack, and there is much unrest, and even talk of taking matters into their own hands. I have doubled the patrol of my lands, but the drow strike too quickly and to often for me to stop them all. Based on information my scouts and contacts have brought to light, It is my belief that they are planning to open up a full out war soon. I strongly urge a purging of the drow from our lands, before they grow too strong.

Your loyal servant,

Sir Brychan Cedry

7babe239-98e3-4e08-8d7d-3b5e48f96b35_zpsae8c6097.jpg

4247c1d8-ec31-406c-bd1b-56a651f00ecb_zps5930e48a.jpg

f9c3bbf4-ad92-44f9-84ce-24dfdaa9b5c5_zpsf8d50733.jpg

Edited by Hammerhand

Great build! The path look nice and I love the idea of the caved in tunnel, it definitely sounds like a good tactic. :wub: The ground plants and trees also work well. :thumbup:

Thank you! It seems like I'm always having to hurry to finish my builds, I need to start farther away from the deadline next time... :grin:

Nice one Hammer!

I am curious what your interpretation of the drow is.

Could you post a picture of one or more of them of what they look like.

Interesting take on those pine trees. I believe you're the first one using this techniques and it actually works interestingly well. :thumbup:

Nice little build!

Thank you every one!

I am curious what your interpretation of the drow is.

Could you post a picture of one or more of them of what they look like.

Well, I don't have any good pictures of them, but what I did is just a plain black head, or I used the black skeleton heads from the old crownie castle line, and put them in all black with black armor. The best picture of them is here -

d7590e8c-1562-4738-8745-6b7db27aaa62_zpsb116dd7f.jpg

Edited by Hammerhand

Great work on this! I love the idea with tunnels and you really nailed the action going on here!

We must stop the Drow! We must stand united against our foe and not try to attack in blindness!

Thanks De Gothia. :sweet:

And yes, we must stop those drow at once! I'm mustering my troops to be ready for yours and Lord Simon's command! We only await your orders.

Good job with this build, my favourite picture is the closeup of the two drow emerging out of the ground, with the wall crumbling behind them :classic:

A great build and an interesting idea. Hopefully Avalonia will be able to deal with those drow quickly!

Thank you all!

DrColossus, the swords are from the old (2008 I think) castle line. They were used by the skeletons. I think they've been used in other lines to, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. They work great for drow, and especially orcs.