xwingyoda

Port (7994) Pic Review

index2.jpg

My padawans,

let me present to you that glorious and beautifull Port !! �I am not worthy, I�m not worthy� (oh *yoda* , do shut up and review the glorious set !!). I really think that this set is the best �07 city sets (I was waiting so long for another port, meessa so happy !!). Really 2 thumbs up to TLC for this !! I hope you�ll enjoy this looong review as much as I love that set.

img_3635.jpg

There are 3 instructions manuals and a HUGE DSS (darn you TLC !!):

img_3637.jpg

img_3638.jpg

Here is a general view of the whole set:

img_3686.jpg

I shall review that set according to the instructions booklets so lets go !!

1/The truck

There is nothing really to notice about that MF, another boring classic fig that we have lots off. On the other hand, the truck is really neat. It comprises the main body and a classic container (like the one shown in my review of 7992). Off course the truck can transport all the other containers (see �2).

img_3687.jpg

img_3688.jpg

img_3689.jpg

img_3690.jpg

2/The ship

*the extras*

I tend to like those 2 figs: the technician and the lovely captain (who senses a �Love Boat� MOC :-D lolol).

img_3691.jpg

Than there are the 3 containers: a classic green, a simple one with 4 �italien� barrels.

img_3691-1.jpg

The truly great one is the small power boat Container. The small boat is quite simple but looks great !! Tks to the use of one of the best Lego parts ever: the 1x1 slope

img_3693.jpg

img_3694.jpg

img_3695.jpg

*the ship*

Now the interesting stuff really starts !! Ok, its hard to take decent pics due to the bloody size of that ship (58 cms/22,8 in long !!). On a side note, I did not use the huge �City Lines� stickers on the hull (I might add them later, I�m not really sure). Like you imagined, the ship floats and has underneath the hull the spot to attach an electric motor (not included in the set).

img_3696.jpg

img_3697.jpg

img_3698.jpg

Now lets focus on the details of that ship: The front is quite simple � it has what a ship needs: an anker, lights and an opening to place whatever fits in hehe (on a side note, its weird to notice that there are NO life vests on that ship � not very precautious Lego !!). The mid section is only to hold all those crates !!

img_3699.jpg

img_3700.jpg

img_3701.jpg

Great review *yoda* !

Thanks for sharing. I was wondering how you got your hands on these sets [this and 7992]? I can't wait to get them.

Thanks again!

this looks SO SO SO SO SO much nicer than i thought!!

i love the small truck

i love the office and the crane!

i really like the "tower" of the ship! one of the best they ever made!

the only thing i dont like is the size of the ship..

i find it useless since you can only fill it with cargo and more cargo..

what is the point of that?

there is the front of the ship...there is the back of the ship...there is the boring huge empty hull in the middle!

i find that pointless!

the possitive is more than the negative!

i realy like the captain figure and the green fisherman!

TLC has given us great stuff this year..

this ship remains my lego cargo favorite..

4030-1.jpg

it looks nice in the front..good tower..and a great middle section..not too big not too small..just great!

( i hope i will buy this some day!)

a lot of thanks to you yoda!

you have given us so many great reviews the past few days!!

and this was great!! *y* *y*

well done my friend!!

hinckley39, like I posted elswhere on EB, my "Lego" shop received nearly all the new sets (they had the garbage truck and gas station) and were waiting for the other city sets like the train station !! I shall pick this one up soon hehe >+ they had nearlly all the Mars Mission sets and the 3 smaller Castle sets<

I might buy a second port later on to expend it hehe !!

Actually I hope TLC opened Pandora's box with those harbour sets !!

*yoda*

What a nice review of a really lovely set! I

Nice. nice, niice review, Mr. Yoda! :-) Gotta love this set.. *wub*

this looks SO SO SO SO SO much nicer than i thought!!

I couldn't agree more! *sweet*

Thank you for this wonderful review, Yoda! This set is an absoulute must for a city fan, the best city set in years, probaly for a decade. I'm a little disapointed with the office, it's much smaller than I expected, but besides that everything looks so cool! Especially the Captain with the white shirt! 8-

Thanks for the review! This set looks pretty nice ... but it continues a trend that's been bugging me for a while. To borrow a phrase from the Simpsons, Lego is "enbiggening" everything. My town is built on the classic scale of 4-stud wide cars, 8-stud wide ships, etc. Now Lego is making 6- and 8-stud wide trucks. The cargo containers are 6-wide instead of the old 4-wide. The new airplanes are 8-stud wide instead of the old 4-stud wide. And then there's this colossal monstrosity of a cargo ship. That beast would overpower my entire city!

I know it seems like a weird thing to complain about, that Lego is making everything too BIG. Of course the joy of Lego is that I can always downscale everything to match my existing stuff.

I'm also a little bummed that Lego isn't using the classic harbor plates and ramps. Man, I love those pieces. Can you give us a picture of just the new harbor plate? It looks like a new piece to me, or at least it's a piece that I'm not familiar with.

In general, I love, love, love the City stuff coming out this year. For many years, City was the red-headed step-child of Lego, and it's nice to see it coming back to prominence where it belongs.

-Joebot

great review Yoda! I really like this set with the comical sign, the van, obviously the boat and the captain is really cool aswell! :-D cant wait to get this one! *y*

It looks like a new piece to me, or at least it's a piece that I'm not familiar with.

-Joebot

The roadplates are simply the same as in the old road construction set with the brigde. But here they just use the straight ones. In the corner where the office is located, it's used the plates from the old street hockey set, though in a different colour scene.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6600-2 ( http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30401px1 )

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/3579-1 ( http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/48288 )

Sorry for mye bad english. :-$

Thanks again, *yoda* for this great review. *y*

Wow, I really like this set. It

Very very nice. I really want this set, even though at the moment it would have no place in my town. I love the boat, the crane is really cool, and the pier is just awesome. Add the 10 tonne loader onto this set and it's perfect.

Cheers for the review. :-)

nice set *yoda* but when do we get to see a review of a mars mission set? *sing* :-P

hinckley39, like I posted elswhere on EB, my "Lego" shop received nearly all the new sets (they had the garbage truck and gas station) and were waiting for the other city sets like the train station !! I shall pick this one up soon hehe >+ they had nearlly all the Mars Mission sets and the 3 smaller Castle sets<

Wait what?!?

I thought the toyfair pics on MarsMission and other sets said August release date?

Did I read that wrong or did it change or is this a country thing?

Nice review btw. I wonder if thats a new windscreen on the bridge (the downsloping windows), they look useful... and now I'm feeling like making a few of those mini speedboats, or that office building, so simple but nice to have around...

This is an amazingly impressive set! Thanks for the review :-) I have to say my favorite feature is...the fact that the truck has "side-view mirrors" :-D It just makes it look sooooo much better!

Everything is great though! Great figs, great ship, great dock! I just wish there were a few new heads, but you can't have everything ;-)

The only bad thing about this set is: I already own the 4030 - there is no use for another freight ship.

Well, no problem. Since I don't own 4030 I'll happily take yours and you can buy the port. How's that? X-D

Well, no problem. Since I don't own 4030 I'll happily take yours and you can buy the port. How's that? X-D

no the bad thing about the ship is that it's a one-piece model

no the bad thing about the ship is that it's a one-piece model

Doesn't matter to me anyway, I want 4030 ;-)

Thanks Yoda for sharing this set with us too!

This set is really nice!

I'm like Holodoc, the think I like is not a special parts, but all the small details that you have here and here, like the road sign, a bin, some accesories,...

The truck has the same effect on me like the blue one in the RC cargo train. I know that I will be able to buy this set just for it :-D !

But all the set is good, so no matter! Maybe in fact the boat is too long, with just few containers. But maybee we will have additional sets will new containers like the green trcuk. Just hope...

Iwill have good dreams this night X-D

Looks good. Though I'm not sure about the boats yet. I would have preferred the old ones. Do you have any pictures of the ship pieces by themselves?

I wonder why Lego didn't include life vests (they would have fit perfectly in that little hatch at the bow).

Are the green overalls new to this set?

Steve

OK, you buy me the 7994 and you will get my 4030. How

Doesn't matter to me anyway, I want 4030 ;-)

he man, stand in line, like all the rest ! :-P :-X

Nice review *y* My favourite bit is probable the office & the little speedboat i want to get this set if i have enough $$$$ by the time it comes to Australia *wub*