Sergio512

Lego Ghostbusters HQ - Custom MOC with Lights

I present you, my Lego Ghostbusters HQ Custom MOC built.

The Lego Ghostbusters Headquarter is now completely finished.

ghostbusters-hq_v2.jpg

Thanks to Brent Lego brings the GB Ecto-1 Set. I thought to myself- why not built the appropriate HQ.

Inspired by Dr.Dave W. & Brent Waller I decided to built a hybrid between GB1 & GB2 and add more extras and details, lights and other stuff.

On my New GB-Site you can download the Lego Digital Designer File (.ldd) (at the moment without interior), PDF instructions and a Part-List for an order trough BrickLink.com. - And the best part... it's free! ;)

Download-Link: http://www.swissgb.ch/lego-gb/

lego-hq-foren-download-link-small.jpg

I hope you like it ;)

Thanks for your support, feedbacks and any donation, whether big or small will be really really appreciated.

-------

The Floors(levels) are removable. Therefore, you had many freedoms for the interior and everything is easily accessible. I have already started the design concepts of various accessories and furniture.

If there is enough interest I will share my LDD File (build-plans) so other fans can build this GB-HQ.

gbhq-screenshot-ldd-small.jpg

(Screenshot from LLD)

The parts to built the HQ were ordered worldwide from over 12 shops at: www.bricklink.com

The Lights-System are from: http://www.lifelites.com

second_batch_bricks-small.jpg

Lego: Lots 200, Parts 3467 (needed for the HQ only 2751 Parts)

Total production time: approx. 20H

height: 38cm - length: 33,6cm - width: 17,5cm

Here are a few pictures of the finished building:

DSC03752-small.jpg

DSC03744-small.jpg

DSC03749-small.jpg

Edited by Sergio512

Wow... just WOW! Did you buy all the parts especially for this? And, if so, what would be the price for those?

Really like to build that awsome building!!

Edit: Would you share your LDD file, by the way :D?

Edited by KCMatze

Thanks ;) maybe I am going to share the LLD file, but first i have submit the project to lego cuusoo, because they can minimize the build costs. All the parts were buy for this from bricklink-shops.

Second i must do some improvements, there were 2-3 problems which have only been found during construction. The solution is ready now. Only needs to be integrated into the LLD Construction plans.

I have spent around $ 800 for everything. But there are cheaper options, I have chosen a very rare color for the upper walls. I think lego cuusoo can do some improvements there to make it cheaper, well see... If the project have not success i will share the file anyway...

You have to be patient for a little bit and stay tuned.

Thanks for your feedback.

Wow... just WOW! Did you buy all the parts especially for this? And, if so, what would be the price for those?

Really like to build that awsome building!!

Edit: Would you share your LDD file, by the way :D?

Totally awesome...

A bit disappointed though, now I know what it'll cost ...even without an interior... Although I did notice the size. It's huge AND awesome. Hope to see a fully lighted cadIllac parked in front of it.

I have to say that I had pretty high shipping and import costs to switzerland. I think if you can get all parts from a shop in the USA or near from you, then it will be a lot less.

Replacing the dark orange brown color to red bricks could also reduce the costs.

as you can see there's a lot of potential.

Totally awesome...

A bit disappointed though, now I know what it'll cost ...even without an interior... Although I did notice the size. It's huge AND awesome. Hope to see a fully lighted cadIllac parked in front of it.

Please support the Project - go and vote - we must fight ;): http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/60632

The project was approved on Lego Cuusoo, even if it is not done later we show lego that we want more from the ghostbusters franchise, I would be very happy if we reach the target of supporters. so we put a sign. Thanks for your vote!

---- UPDATE ----

I realized that I made a small error counting the number of parts.

The amount of parts needed is (without improvements):

------------ 2751 Parts -------------

I had to order more than 3000 parts because they existed only in 50 or 100 bags in some shops. which has now confused me all the time. And I could have, look up the number of parts in the Lego designer. Well, you never stop learning...

And basically, it's positive that there are less :)

Here are a few pictures along with the official Lego Haunted House, Now I need only the Ecto-1 and the Mini-Figures

DSC04930-small.jpg

DSC04935-small.jpg

DSC04937-small.jpg

yes, is a very efficient tool for previz. I really like it.

very nicely done. I guess using LDD made this easier to do?

I realized that I made a small error counting the number of parts.

The amount of parts needed is (without improvements):

------------ 2751 Parts -------------

I had to order more than 3000 parts because they existed only in 50 or 100 bags in some shops. which has now confused me all the time. And I could have, look up the number of parts in the Lego designer. Well, you never stop learning...

And basically, it's positive that there are less :)

That indeed is good to hear. And I guess if Lego will release this building it will be even cheaper (read: less expensive) than when you buy seperate parts...

Good to see the building next to an official set. Better yet, next to the haunted house. And omg, the HQ dwarves the Haunted House!!! I've build mine a bit bigger so I wonder how the HQ will sit placed next to my HH... Also in a whimsical mode I quickly mocced up a caricature version of the Ecto 1, which came out way better then expected, so now I just HAVE to have this HQ-set...

I will now visit the Cuusoo site and check out the set overthere.

Edited by B Rick

Thank you for posting the reference photo to another modular. This one seems to be more closer to the size of the other modulars then Glens. I will just have to build both is all!

Please release the plans for this one!