Yawgmoth

PTC - Capt. Stabbin/Yawgmoth

[pid][/pid] 247A

Greetings!

Well, after a nice time planning, building, getting feedback, rebuilding, and getting everything done, we finally got our entry done:

The Lighthouse Guard & The Imperial Tavern

Both sets were designed to match each other and make a long redcoat harbor. We decided to stick to a classic design, with some details from the new 2009 pirates wave. Both sets provides great playability by their own, but when paired, the posibilities are almost limitless! The way we decided to connect through technic pins, allows to merge both sets in several ways! promoting creativity and play value.

With no other introduction, we are proud to present our entry to the Pirate Team Contest

From Capt. Stabbin:

The Lighthouse Guard

image_1_zps23e00014.jpeg

image_8_zps0ef7bab2.jpeg

image_9_zps4e6633df.jpeg

image_7_zpsa9771fc5.jpeg

image_2_zps1e6b8fcf.jpeg

image_3_zpseaf21dc8.jpeg

image_4_zps35134956.jpeg

image_5_zpsa2132bad.jpeg

image_6_zps161b17b7.jpeg

image_10_zpsa89bb2a4.jpeg

From Yawgmoth:

The Imperial Tavern

1_zpsd531be83.jpg

2_zps0ffc4fa7.jpg

3_zps3313cd26.jpg

4_zps5a5aebdf.jpg

5_zps3e16df8c.jpg

6_zps41d33876.jpg

7_zps38b6ce88.jpg

8_zps96585b80.jpg

9_zps06eb07e3.jpg

10_zps0f801c59.jpg

I gotta say it was really fun, I'd do it again anytime, so I shall extend a BIG thanks for this idea, and the general concept of this competition! :pir-grin::pir_laugh2:

Yes, this was a lot of fun. I enjoyed working with and meeting someone I might not have otherwise. Good luck to all the participants.

I think these are very effective and would both make appealing Sets and I particularly like the playability of the Tavern when it's opened up.

And you have Lights!

Well done.

Those make a nice assembly, I like the classic look of it, well done you two.

It definitely has the classic look about it and both models look like "sets" that could be built. I thought that the use of 4x4 rounds with holes as the connection mechanic was particularly clever. The use of a septagon shape for the lighthouse tower is interesting but I wonder how rigid it remains and whether there is a tendency to deform if lateral forces are applied.

My one criticism is that the two sets seem a little unbalanced to be matching sets; I feel like I'm getting a lot more for my money in the tavern than I am in the lighthouse.

These are both great! I didn't have more than 3-4 pirate sets as a kid, but these two MOCs are giving me a heavy dose of nostalgia for sure!

I think both the structures are really well done, I particularly like the bar area, especially with the hanging glasses. I do think the little ship has a bit too much hanging off the back end.

Loving the vintage feel of your two sets guys! Definitely a refreshing take on this competition!

The use of a septagon shape for the lighthouse tower is interesting but I wonder how rigid it remains and whether there is a tendency to deform if lateral forces are applied.

It's fairly sturdy when together. However, when you take the modules apart is it is a little weak, but with the hinges it is easy to put back into the proper shape.

My one criticism is that the two sets seem a little unbalanced to be matching sets; I feel like I'm getting a lot more for my money in the tavern than I am in the lighthouse.

It's true the tavern is a little bigger, but I have to work with the constraints of my own collection. You have presented excellent criticisms, and you have a good eye. Thanks!

A lot of cool ideas, like the openable fort or the modularized lighthouse, great stuff guys!