Sign in to follow this  
RaptorBandito

Imperial Hallway Vignette WIP - My first MOC

Hi all,

This is my first real MOC, which I've been working on as I sort out my Lego collection into proper organized work station. It's still a work in progress, and I'm not completely satisfied with it. I still need to sort out some other pieces so I can create a proper display base for it, and tidy up some of the details. I was eager to take some photos of my progress though, so I decided to share it. Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

13118510173_b184548212_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.co.../raptorbandito/

Edited by RaptorBandito

I like it! You've definitely captured the "Imperial feel," and I like the way you did the blast doors. You should check out the Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka contest and come build for the Empire!

That's a really nice vignette! You should check out the Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka contest and come build for the rebellion!

I like it! You've definitely captured the "Imperial feel," and I like the way you did the blast doors. You should check out the Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka contest and come build for the Empire!

Yes trooper, you do good work, join SoNE and help us crush the rebellion. I love the details in such a small vig! Love the smooth floor!

Very well done. I like the blast doors. The wall effect is well done too. I can easily picture this in a larger scale build.

Keep up the great work!

Amazing! you managed to capture the DS/SD feel I wanted to get on my previous builds, you have mastered the imperial interiors aspect.

It's a very nice build. Both the pictorial presentation and the positioning of the minifigs are perfect.

Wow! This is a great first MOC.

You've used a lot of effective SNOT-techniques (and even SNOT within SNOT for those grill-tiles. That's very impressive!), and didn't refrain from the studs. That results in a nice play of textures that I've rarely seen. Also, the details are just right, and I like those vertical pillars with vents as a bridge between technology and classical architectural elements. It's great to see you also thought about the textures on the sides, like the alternating LBG and DBG stripes at the side and the studs vs studless at the top. Just great! Even those studs at the bottom look alright as some technical foundation or so. You could even explore that even more with adding some details like grill-tiles there.

So you've captured the Imperial feel in a very elegant MOC. Everything is there, yet it doesn't look to crowded. Only that control panel looks a little bit lame compared to the rest... And if you want a real Imperial look, you should make those hints of the blastdoors diagonal instead of vertical. Then maybe a mouse droid, and your done! This truely is already one of the best small SW vignettes I've seen in a long time! Keep it up!

PS: you may feel a bit overwhelmed with all these request to join SoNE, but you deserve the attention. Those guys may seem a bit overenthousiastic now, but there great once you get to know them. Well, at least the Imperials are :tongue:

Thanks for the comments guys. I appreciate the feedback. I'm already working on a better redesign. I've been checking out the SoNE stuff and it sounds like fun. Hopefully I will have sometime to contribute in the near future.

Thanks for the comments guys. I appreciate the feedback. I'm already working on a better redesign. I've been checking out the SoNE stuff and it sounds like fun. Hopefully I will have sometime to contribute in the near future.

You will join the rebel against the evil empire (Waves hand)

Star-Wars-These-Arent-the-Droids.gif

You would be whelcome to the empire.

12309294406_e05735ea23_z.jpg