kabel

PTC - Sebeus/kabel - Hunt for the Maya Treasure

[pid][/pid] 247B

Rumor has it, that somewhere along the coast of the Yucatan peninsula there's a beach that hosts an old Maya treasure hidden in a cave only accessible through an underwater tunnel. It's said Spanish conquistadors hid the gold there some 150 years ago. So our pirate crew undertakes quite an effort to find the entrance to this secret place.

However, finding the right cave along the coast of Yucatan is like finding a needle in a haystack.

So do you have what it takes to find the treasure?

Module Sebeus:

dsc01460.jpg

Module kabel:

13104221063_42501f68ef_c.jpg

Explore the coast with its amazing underwater world:

dsc01477.jpg

fight off annoying sharks:

dsc01461.jpg

and find the entrance to a cave:

dsc01483.jpg

you may also try to fight your way through the dense jungle vegetation:

13104367534_bf1217306d_c.jpg

13105559503_0e3169d46f_c.jpg

to finally encounter a way to enter the "Cenote Verde", the secret underwater Maya cave:

13104104755_629e82c34b_c.jpg

Sebeus' connecting side:

dsc01489.jpg

kabel's connecting side:

13104094975_3fac639fbd_c.jpg

Doing this was a lot of fun and an excellent way to get to know each other better. Hope we can do something like this for the Antwerpen Brickmania convention in November.

On a side not, we are sorry Sebeus' pics lack a little, but those are his preliminary pcitures. He eventually broke his arm and didn't get to retake them. We also see that the connecting sides lack a little, but we figured that those side would be hidden once connected anyway.

Wow. Great idea, an even better realization, and a lovely overall scene. Seems, someone really wants Lego to bring back some underwater action pirate_wink.gif

I think the water could be a bit difficult to translate into an official set, for reasons of structural strength (?) and access/playability.

Great entry!

really fantastic job you two! great take on the contest, im in love with the seabed idea, the blue - bley works so well, good luck!

also, sorry to hear about sebeus' arm, hope it heals soon!

The underwater scenery really is amazing. Its a shame we cant see them put together, I'm sure that would look awesome.

I had been thinking today how the underwater "raised island" plate is underused in pirate mocs.

As a kid I painted a classic space baseplate into an island. Luckily the paint was not stubborn in coming of in later years, although it still slightly smells of the mentholated spirits I used to get it off! pirate_laugh_new.gif

I really like the small details in the creation. Great use of SNOT techniques. Great job, a beautiful creation with a great play story as well!

AB

Two great MOCs but I have to question whether they really fulfill the criteria of "sets". Innovative though the water technique may be it wouldn't pass technical review and it acting as a barrier limits the playability of the space below.

Really unique approach guys :thumbup: The landscape is excellent and the underwater sections are lovely :wub: Especially the light blue/normal blue combo :classic:

This is a very cool entry gentlemen! I like Sebeus's small boat, a must for an pirate set. The bones outside the cave entrance are ominous but I think the gold bits littered about would draw me in regardless. Great collaboration!

Very cool little sailboat! The choice of blue for the underwater sections is very effective, and I like how you've got some brick-built coral down there.

Lovely underwater scene and I like the use of that baseplate.

Thanks for all the postive feedback, glad you guys like it! As for the playability, Sebeus didn't cover the entire module with transparent plates, so you can reach in. The cave is also accesible. And yes, at least on my side the water is surprisingly sturdy.