Legonardo

PTC - Cara/Legonardo

[pid][/pid] 248A

The Flying Piranha and the Imperial Fort

12985459245_91d131dfe8_c.jpg

~Cara~

The Flying Piranha

Sail the Pirate Seas on the smartest vessel around. Beware, these sneaky privateers are not the meek merchants they pretend to be.

Open the captain's cabin to discover his gold. Reveal the hold where cannons turn to fire out either side of the ship! Then dock at the local port to sell goods claimed from the enemy or take on supplies for the next battle.

Do these intrepid privateers make off with their ill-gotten gains or does the local fort finally sink them this time?

Includes 4 minifigures; the Captain, two Privateers and a Deckhand

Price point: $85 US

12978245284_c09b58d91f_c.jpg

Captain's Cabin and Below Deck:

12978914735_e0517d43fb.jpg12978389004_50e4d0a029.jpg

The Crew:

12984712555_de81396bb5_z.jpg

The Dock:

12977960615_587f2df141.jpg

How she sinks:

12985192233_e804b26725.jpg

Broadside:

12984974553_a53c75e752_z.jpg

Sailing the Pirate Seas:

12936463313_f8f47d1fc3_c.jpg

(thanks to Legonardo for painting the beautiful background)

More pictures of the Flying Piranha in Cara's Flickr Album

~Legonardo~

Imperial Fort

Command the imperial guards' island fort! keep the nasty pirate locked up away and out of villainy, defend the fort with the brave guards and their commanding officer!

Fort opens in the middle to reveal supplies, weapons, and most importantly, the rum stash. :wink:

Modular tower and prison buildings with interior!

remove part of the wall and beach to expand the fort by connecting the dock from the Flying Piranha.

Includes 4 minifigures; Pirate prisoner, 2 Imperial guards and the Imperial commander.

Price point: 75 Euro, $85 US

Each set sold separately.

12899513795_5e2f8db84b_c.jpg

12869881294_5e6ab1b364_z.jpg

Connection with The Flying Piranha:

12899276454_ae07f291b1_z.jpg

Back:

12843934664_4e89ea79b7.jpg

Overhead view:

12900428274_e02dfdec4b.jpg

Open - Front:

12781408404_7060e08598.jpg

Open - Back:

12781380363_4eafce741a.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12985533893_602dfa9c49_c.jpg

Kudos to my teammate Cara, who built my model from pictures and lots of LDD files so we could get joint photos - also to note that gorgeous little turret tower was her doing

Big thanks to Bonaparte for hosting this contest, its a great concept and I hope there are more similar in the future, building with a teammate is really fun, the part limit aspect was rather challenging though :tongue:

Cara & Legonardo

Edited by Capt. Stabbin

I really love those sets! :wub:

The fort is really well made and use nice technics while staying quite classic and straightforward.

The ship is great and it's awesome to have made it sunkable pirate_laugh2.gif

I haven't really been looking into these entries yet so fat but I must say that I am amazed about them so far, especially I like this one. Why? Because how you managed to make that compact little ship nd yet put so much detail into it, and it splits into two sections as well! pirate_oh.gif Need to say anything about the rest? No, its just as awesome as the ship..., So much detail! Great... No, fantastic... No wait thats not it... Err, well anyway, I think you get my point. pirate_laugh2.gif

Captain Becker

I love love love the sand blue and tan and the gold trim. Beautiful builds, both of you!

pirate_classic.gif

I knew that when I saw you two were joining force, we were due for something great. However, I really did not expect something as exceptional as that!

I really want to build some pirate MOCs after seeing this.

This is BRILLIANT.

Me and my teammate tried to do something similair, but we never got it finished in time.

I would love to buy theese sets.

i love that the ship can sink, and it comes with own docking, nice touch.

And that fort look alot better than the one Lego made back in 2009.

and they are both so playable, they could easy be real Lego sets.

I know who im gonna vote for.

Edited by Morthen

This is amazing. I'm really into the ship. I think a few more figures for the price point would be good though. Four doesn't seem enough. Other than that these are two sets I wouldn't hesitate to buy. Is the tree on the Imperial Fort a dragon tail?

Edited by Ridge Montante

This is really good,

great presentation, these actually seem plausible for real sets.

I absolutely love the color scheme for that ship, well done!

Very nicely done! Some lovely detail work on the Fort and the Ship is exceptional.

Magnificent collab. I love the opening function of the fort, and the general architecture of it. The ship is superb as well thumbup.gif

Very nice, richly detailed yet build-able at the same time. There don't look to be any obvious illegal connections so it looks like it could be a set. Obviously given Cara was able to duplicate both sets it reproducible.

Interesting take on "must connect with technic pins" to give the boat some playability and internal access.

Superb!

This is really great - and absolutely inspiring.

I also like the slope-based approach (with which I have done most of my ships) - and the door-use for the dock.

Give us more!!

pirate_satisfied.gif

who built my model from pictures and lots of LDD files so we could get joint photos

Wow thats a lot of effort there...

Regarding the entries.. Omg... Had seen Cara's Ship in FlickR. Lovely,,, lovely play feauture also... Main Island also rocks.. Fantastic collaboration...

Thanks everyone!

yeah Caras' ship is really a gem :)

that is a dino tail for the tree

We did have a focus on putting as many moc elements in to it while still keeping as close to lego set style as we could achieve with the part restriction

Edited by Legonardo

Very nice ship. Loving the colours and playability. I would buy this set in a heartbeat. If Lego were re-launching the pirate theme this would be a great Caribbean Clipper type replacement.

I saw this on TBB yesterday and you both certainly deserve the blog! Congrats on that and an epic collaborative build. pirate_laugh_new.gif

Well this is definitely an impressive entry, the presentation is top notch and the overall aesthetic of these sets is brilliant.

My only minor concern is regarding the fact that a wall section needs to be removed to connect the 2 parts. Maybe I could be proven wrong but I feel this is something we would not see on official sets.

I was wondering.. what is the brown door piece you guys have used?

I was wondering.. what is the brown door piece you guys have used?

We chose to remove the wall piece so that the inside of the dock tower could still be reached and played in when the fort was open.

The door is from the Chum Bucket.

The door is from the Chum Bucket.

Wow, that's a nice find and you have definitely put it to good use!

These are my favorites so far! The ship is very nice, the sand blue and gold works very well on it and the sinking function is a great idea. The fort is also well built and that palm tree is the best I've ever seen in Lego, good luck in the contest guys!

Fantastic!

You two have done an impressive job, I don't know what to mention first...

Apart from all the beautiful detailing, the ever-so-clever parts usage, the marvelous color combinations I think most of all I love the 'interaction' between the two sets: both really are stand-alone sets, but combined they are just more than the sum of their parts!

I believe this entry will play yet another role in the current ambassador project.

Châpeau!

This is a crushing entry! Incredible job you two. Fantastic build, idea and photography, the gold and orange details on the ship and fort give the build an irresistible colour

What a spectacular build you two! The ship really looks beautiful. The interior to the cabin is eye-cathching, especially that gold to a pirates eye. wub_drool.gif The fort is awesome as well. I has everything you would want in a system fort with such a clean updated look. Brick on!