MKJoshA

SoNE Map and Planet Bios

nothing specific, maybe just bump the planets one rank down the alien list each month so you can add in new planets to the top and everybody knows when they can expect the combo they want. for example, somebody may want to kill a Zabrak on Hoth, so they just have to wait 3 months until Hoth bumps down to the Zabrak. In the meantime, you could add Takobo, Garel, and Hosan Prime to the top of the list. Or, you may want to add to the bottom of the list so the more experienced builders get the first shot at the new planets.

This idea might be interesting, but sometimes a half built build gets stuck into a corner for a month or more and then in this case it's not usefull anymore. Also someone might go over the list in ordr and each month go for the next mission - thus always build on the same planet, which I think is not the point ...

I'd say keep it as it is ...

How about a "progressive" system where once you do a "winning" or "approved" build where you hunt a "Rodian," you would then unlock the ability to build another "Rodian" hunt on a different planet? Or...for more difficulty, perhaps you would have to do an approved build of each of the aliens from a tier (like both Rodian and Geonosian), then unlock the ability to build hunts for those aliens on other planets...

Edited by Vedauwoo

We should get some of the new Planets from Rogue One added to the available list. (Eadu, Scarif, Jedha, Lah'mu)

Was about to suggest those as well, but wanted to wait until the spoiler ban that we have in place lifts tomorrow...

My suggestions are:

Spoiler

Ring of Kafrene

An mining colony built in an asteroid belt that is controlled by the Empire. Cassian Andor meets his informant here in the beginning of the movie. It is a busy and crowded place and has a fascinating look unlike anything you see on normal planets. I think it opens all sorts of story possibilities and a lot of diversity for Nar Eurbrikka.

Eadu

It has stormy weather conditions and is home to the Imperial Kyber Refinery. Perhaps the planet's natural resources offer kyber crystals as well? I imagine lots of interesting stuff going on here.

Wobani

Imperial prisoners are being brought here and it looks like it uses old war gear from the clone wars as well, allowing players to mix PT-styled builds into their creations for this planet. It practically begs to display imprisonment, escape and rescue scenarios going on between Imperials and Rebels.

Scarif

After the utter annihilation of the Imperial data archives and the planetary shields were destroyed, the Empire probably gave up on the planet, military-wise and had their fleet move out from the sector, which makes this even battle ground for both parties. Even though a part of the planet's surface has been devasted, the rest is still intact and probably inhabited. And frankly, Scarif offers a great and unique look and would be a great addition to the usual Nar Eurbrikka planets from a geographic POV. I recently depicted Mon Calamari in a very similar fashion, but only because I couldn't build directly on Scarif.

The other planets, I am not too sure about them. The moon Jedha would probably have been nice because of all the statues and stuff, but from what they say about it in the movie, it seems like Jedha City is the last place alive on it and the Death Star destroyed it, so it seems like a dead world to me. Dunno about Lah'mu either. It looks pretty barren, but then again, so does Tatooine.

Edited by Cody Startale

1 hour ago, Cody Startale said:

Was about to suggest those as well, but wanted to wait until the spoiler ban that we have in place lifts tomorrow...

That's why I just named the planets and not the stories haha. I'll address your points tomorrow. 

On 12/29/2016 at 9:07 AM, Cody Startale said:

Scroll up and read the brunt of it-

"The other planets, I am not too sure about them. The moon Jedha would probably have been nice because of all the statues and stuff, but from what they say about it in the movie, it seems like Jedha City is the last place alive on it and the Death Star destroyed it, so it seems like a dead world to me. Dunno about Lah'mu either. It looks pretty barren, but then again, so does Tatooine."

Ring of Kafrene- Agree, totally forgot this one.

Eadu- Agree. Also add in the fact that it is also home to a major Imperial Research Facility.

Wobani- Agree, totally forgot this one too.

Scarif- Agree. 

As far as the other planets go:

Jedha- I think there's enough evidence to speculate things go on outside the city from Saw's whole underground network. The alliance regarded him and his forces as a terrorist army. Who knows, what or who else is outside that city? Tunnel Networks, smugglers, Guavian Death Gang, Kanjiklub? It is the imagination's limit until more (if any) source material comes out. 

Lah'mu- This was covered a little bit in the book prequel too. Though barren, you did draw the parallel to Tatooine. Plus Again, Saw had something to do with picking the location. Could be more rebels in hiding. Personally, I found the planet fascinating.

On 12/29/2016 at 0:03 PM, goatman461 said:

You can always build on those, they'll just count as neutral planets

Yeah but adding them to the actual realm of "In Play" planets would allow a fresh change of pace for those building in the Episodes. I noticed a lot of people are building on the same Planets, adding more to the queue might allow people to expand. Just a thought. 

Edited by Thebeeze111

I would agree that adding a few more planets to the current official list would be nice, expand the universe and all. Especially planets with different topographies. So maybe not Jedha since we have Tatooine but the asteroid base with the city is really cool and diverse. Would make for some really great builds. We can build on any world anyways but to make them official would also expand on what worlds episodes could take place on.

That's up to the wonderful people in charge however since they are the ones who do the hard work spinning all of the SoNE plates. I'm satisfied with what we have but i'm always up for more.  

I agree that it would be a nice shakeup and definitely feel connected with what's going on in the canon right now. Also, as official and confirmed information on new locations is starting to spread via wookieepedia and such, I am willing to contribute with additional planet and location bios, if wanted. :classic:

Love the discussion going on here! We'll talk about how best to incorporate new planets into the SoNE lists. For now, @Cody Startale, any planets you want to write bios for I'll go ahead and insert them right into the list on the first page. I'd be very happy for your help in that! And as has already been stated, any planet is open for building it would just count as a neutral location if not on the list.

Hmm… some of the images don't work. Also,

Felucia would not support large-scale colonies and any new arrivals established hard-fought, scattered settlements on the surface. These small settlements eventually developed into commercially administered cities like Kway Teow, Har Gau, Jiaozi, and Niango, pushing the native jungle-dwelling Felucians to retreat into the wilderness. Some native Felucians utilized subterranean caverns while others socialized in farming communities based around Nysillin crop

Really??? Are those city names official? They sound more like a prank from a Chinese-understanding person. Kway Teow is a type of Malaysian/Singaporean food, Har Gau is Chinese food too, as is Jiaozi, while Niango bears an interesting similarity to Niangao. :grin: This is too funny!

EDIT: I checked Wookieepedia, it's real! LOL! :laugh:

EDIT 2: Check out this separatist leader, Shu Mai, and notice how her name is the same as this. Those people who made the prequels are foodies, I guess!

Edited by VaderFan2187
Latest edit: Wobani is an anagram of Obi Wan. Anyone noticed that? ;)

Ring of Kafrene – kafrene.jpg

Located in the galaxy's Expansion Region between Takodana and the Corellian Trade Spine, the Ring of Kafrene is an asteroid belt in which a great mining colony was constructed in the days of the Old Republic. During the civil war, it is controlled by the Galactic Empire and home to a great number of different beings, looking to make a living under difficult circumstances.

The Empire's grip around the system is tight, but the sheer amount of ragtag individuals crowding the streets of the colony makes it hard for authorities to keep a close eye on shady business being conducted in the back alleys. One can stumble upon a lot of useful information in this colony if asking the right questions – and quickly be silenced if asking the wrong ones.

(Taken from http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of_Kafrene, http://www.swgalaxymap.com/ and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story )

Spoiler

According to the SW Galaxy Map, this is where the ring is located, in case you want to update the map in the OP:

<br/><a href="http://oi65.tinypic.com/b6woy8.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

New Canon News Alert 

Pablo Hidalgo recently tweeted that the main galactic map we see in the Essential Atlas hasnt changed. The name of the systems and locations are still canon. Its the stories attatched to the star systems that are no longer canon.

On 2/13/2017 at 1:10 PM, Forresto said:

New Canon News Alert 

Pablo Hidalgo recently tweeted that the main galactic map we see in the Essential Atlas hasnt changed. The name of the systems and locations are still canon. Its the stories attatched to the star systems that are no longer canon.

That's amazing news!

Could we add Vardos to the planets sometime? It is a new planet that will be introduced in Battlefront 2 in November.

944x531.jpg

This is the game's concept art, and the red trees would be perfect for some exotic lego building!

Also, I wrote a bio for the Ring of Kafrene a few months ago, any chance of that being added to the opening post?

I second the addition of Vardos if we could. Definitely has a unique look and elegance in design that would add some good variety into builds. 

Edited by Merc4Hire

I'm sorry I've been behind on this guys! I will get some of the bios added and will try to add planets to the map as well. I'm working on a really big, new map so I don't want to spend too much time on the old one, but I also don't want to leave you all hanging!

8 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I'm sorry I've been behind on this guys! I will get some of the bios added and will try to add planets to the map as well. I'm working on a really big, new map so I don't want to spend too much time on the old one, but I also don't want to leave you all hanging!

No worries do you. If you're doing another map dont do extra work for something thats just going to be replaced