I own the two sets that the orginal was released in

They are quite nice

The New one I do not own but it also appears to look nice

Also I beleive that it is more movie accurate, maybe

Piranha

yep your probably thinking thats like asking which darth vader do you like more

The ISD face or the OT face :-D

(hmm thats not a bad idea there ;-) )

I also own all of the sets with the original one and have been looking at pictures of the new one with curiousity. Until it's in my hand, I won't be absolutely sure, but I'd say that the new one does look a bit more 'movie accurate' though I still think I prefer the old one.

Like I say, I'd better wait until I can sit them side by side in person.

Well the new one does seem alot more like its film counterpart, but as IS states its hard to decide until we have the 2 in hand to compair.

New one looks 100% better than the old one. Looks more accurate and looks like it will stay together easier.

Agree that it'll stay together longer. It is more droidy than the first one. Btw, on that poster, it shows two AT-STs. One of the drivers has a 'dack' head. Maybe it's just the poster. I agree with IS. For my personal opinion, until it rests in my hand under close scrutiny via my eyes, I must say the old one is better. The new one looks too vertical and it isn't wide enough. It seems squished this way: /// \\\ The old one is this way: /// _ \\\ The way those guys put it together, the guns are tilted. The top is too thick, and the 'eyes' are onle one eye, not two like the original, and not three like the movie.

Hmm as I said that is like chosing between an old vader face and the new one

Well maybe not the New one is a completely different model

I will just have to hold it in my hand and compare between the old and the new

Piranha

(off topic but I noticed TLG is not making anymore light up figures X-D

I wonder if they didn't sell too well.I prefer the non light up ones, but maybe if only the saber lit up then I would buy one.)

The new droid does look better than the old one, because of all of the new peices recently, but why don't you make a poll of this thread?

Hmm as I said that is like chosing between an old vader face and the new one

(off topic but I noticed TLG is not making anymore light up figures X-D

I wonder if they didn't sell too well.I prefer the non light up ones, but maybe if only the saber lit up then I would buy one.)

I like the new vader face, but both are okay to me. I heard someone say that lots of people would destroy the lego boxes and take the light up minifigs. X-O

The new droid does look better than the old one, because of all of the new peices recently, but why don't you make a poll of this thread?

I like the new vader face, but both are okay to me. I heard someone say that lots of people would destroy the lego boxes and take the light up minifigs. X-O

Well alright

Would an admin or a mod please make a poll of this thread?

Piranha

New One and by far !! I'm in the process of doing pics for the MTT review where I'll clearly demonstate the new one' superiority ;-)

*yoda*

New One and by far !! I'm in the process of doing pics for the MTT review where I'll clearly demonstate the new one' superiority ;-)

*yoda*

You got the MTT 8-

you wouldn't happen to have the Hoth set?:-D

Unfortunatly no >:-( I should be on sale much later (like the SI and RC) !! On a side note I just rewatched Ep1 and I am so looking forward those upcomming sets !!

Anyway the MTT review will be up tomorrow ;-)

*yoda*

I'm currently uploading pics for my MTT review so without further ado, here is that comparison pic ;-)

img_3514.jpg

It clearly shows how the old one is crappy and the new one is *wub* !!

Droideka On !!

*yoda*

quick question about the old design ... is it supposed to sit on the trans clear piece or is it supposed to sit on the legs (so that the trans clear piece is clear of the surface it's standing on) ?

I've always set them up like the latter ...

quick question about the old design ... is it supposed to sit on the trans clear piece or is it supposed to sit on the legs (so that the trans clear piece is clear of the surface it's standing on) ?

I've always set them up like the latter ...

The old design sits on the clear piece for extra support

Piranha