WetWired

Ghostbusters HQ/Firehouse LDD File

Hi everyone, thanks to everyone who voted for my Ghostbusters set on CUUSOO and made it a reality, although I didn't really consider the Ghostbusters HQ/Firehouse to be a major part of my CUUSOO submission, some people were disappointed to not see it in the final set. For all those people and the many who have emailed me personally I've recreated the HQ in the Lego Digital Designer so that people can create their own...

GhostbustersHQ.jpg

LDD FILE DOWNLOAD LINK

A few things to note, this was built for my local LUG group so it's mainly built for exterior visuals. the LDD is slightly modified in that I've split each floor out individually and seperated them in a modular fashion, this is something I did not do with my original version so this has not been tested with real bricks.

The doors do open but they're a bit tight, also I can only comment about my own Ecto-1 (which from the photos seems to be about the same size as LEGOs), but it does fit through the door however you will have to remove the tallest white and red piece on the top of the vehicle.

Lastly, there is a connection that LDD does not seem to allow (though it did in an earlier version) but this connection does work with real LEGO pieces, below is an visual explanation of the issue.

Note.jpg

I'm giving this to the community to take and build upon, modify, improve and expand.

If you make any improvements or changes please share them here as I'd love to see them!

I only ask that you don't charge money for this LDD file, I don't mind if you put together these things to sell or generate instructions to sell, I only ask that you credit me for the original design. (I would also accept donations of LEGO :P)

Here's a photo of it built with real bricks at last years BrisBricks Expo so you can see the height, it's higher than the Town Hall and built over 2x 32x32 baseplates.

10097930385_739fe8ce69_c.jpg

Overview of my display by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Enjoy!

Edited by WetWired

Thanks for this and your great set. I'd love to hear you talk about the design process and get the box of my to be purchased copy signed. I reckon you'd make a great guest at the various sci fi and comic conventios around the country.

I wonder if the arch issue has to do with the way they slightly changed the inside curve of the arch you use on top.

Thanks so much for sharing. It's really generous of you to provide the file.

This is awesome!!!!

Will the ecto fit in the firehouse?

I am building this next! Off to Bricklink to start ordering pieces!

Also, how does one get the parts list for this? I couldn't locate it?

Thank you!

Edited by The Jersey Brick Guy

This is awesome!!!!

Will the ecto fit in the firehouse?

I am building this next! Off to Bricklink to start ordering pieces!

Also, how does one get the parts list for this? I couldn't locate it?

Thank you!

In LDD, go to File - Export BOM. That'll give you a list of parts.

Great job with the set I will be buying at least three of those sets and can't wait to build it.Thank for the LDD file much appreciated.

In LDD, go to File - Export BOM. That'll give you a list of parts.

Awesome, Thanks for the tip, I'll add it to the zip file for future downloaders

This looks like an awesome Springtime project. I thank you for providing the LDD file! I was looking for a building to add to the town, and this is definitely a winner!

Ecto1 - Check

GB Firehouse HQ that Lego wouldn't make even with the votes - Check

Ghostbusters Minifigs - Check

...Arm logo patch on said minis TLG "forgot" do give us - no prob, see here how to make it happen:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92608&st=0#entry1830558

http://www.flickr.com/photos/118244175@N05/

BW thats some skills you got there no wonder the set got made. Now who you GONNNA CALL?? ...the Interior decorator, thats who!

I suggest ORION PAX, for the interior work, this is looking a bit sparse.

If someone makes instructions they should be posted freely, as this was also IMO,

THANK YOU for making the licensed set so much more, than it would have been otherwise.

See guys great thing about this hobby/obsession is TLG doesn't do something, no prob we'll help each other out and just do it ourselves. How revolutionay is that.

Edited by CustomJoe_MD

Thanks for sharing - most awsome - cannot with to get the ecto-1.

But, does anyone have the file in PDF?

Cheers and thank you in advance...