Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[LDD MOCs] Legend of the Dragon Cores

The legends say that a long time ago, the Great Rainbow Dragon appeared into this world and gathered the six ninja clans on top of the sacred mountain and there gave to them the Dragon Core.

12570103415_bc3050a6b3_c.jpg

12570109805_28ccc3f513_z.jpg

These mechanical artefacts were then transported by each clan to their village. The Cores floated in mid air above the sacred grounds, where telluric forces gathered, and shrines were raised near them. When they had stored enough power from the electromagnetic fields around them, the Cores synthesized smaller artefacts called the Dragon Eggs.

12570572274_2fa8241696_z.jpg

Each clan would then proceed in the hatching of their Dragon Eggs by surrounding them by electric and magnetic flux. Driven by the power sources they were given, the eggs started to evolve and transformed into powerful starfighters: the Draconids, and their pilots were called the Dragon Riders. Each Draconid may had slightly different characteristics depending on how it was hatched, but they always had the features of the Dragon Core they came off, and surprisingly those characteristics matched perfectly the strengths, abilities and nature of the clan.

12570643364_5a3e81e6fd.jpg12570187515_d6d0d439d1.jpg

The members of the Kaze clan are wise and skilled warriors, that always try to avoid a conflict if it is possible, but don’t step back if if it is inevitable.

Their Draconid is really fast and agile, with decent shields and good firepower. It is called Whitefang.

12570346983_d3f16caf12.jpg12570349643_9a30b9ef47.jpg

The Ishi clan’s people are often seen only as brutal and merciless warriors, with a heart as cold and hard as the mountains they love so much. The Jishin, their Draconid, is like them. It compensate it’s lack of speed by a hull as hard as a rock and a great firepower.

12570726354_5c8b1d25c2.jpg12570271655_21b245f9ea.jpg

The Mori clan prefer to hide under the forest’s trees. they are rarely seen, as they protect their territory fiercely, and they have mastered the art of killing at distance. The Greenleaf is also specialized in long range attacks. It can launch guided missiles and it’s powerful laser cannon allow it to stay away from the battlefields. It is also quite fast and can evade is an enemy come too close.

12590840774_c914115e45.jpg12590840784_29e71fb3eb.jpg

The Kage clan’s members are masters in the use of treachery to strike their enemies from the shadows. Most of their victims die without even knowing what killed them. Their Draconid, the Shadowbites, is a Dreadful opponent. With it’s speed and weaponry, and his ability to conceal itself and remain undetected, it will crush its enemies without warning.

12590400555_0cc5d694d7.jpg12590835304_83262d2588.jpg

The Mizu clan’s member are peaceful people, that rely on discretion, speed and protection to survive. They created the most efficient energy shields, and their Draconids Tsunami reflects that knowledge by having the ability to produce a massive energy wave that can repel any attack and even crush close enemies.

12635050744_b6a5c0d2b9.jpg12634724133_5645eb9d5d.jpg

The Hono clan always felt disregarded by the other clans, wrongly. They are warlike and mischievous. When they acquired the red Dragon Core and learned how to use it, they placed it in a cave on the flanks of the volcano. the Dragon Core, overwhelmed by the telluric energies, produced the Dragon Eggs a lot more frequently than the other Cores. The Draconids that came from those eggs, the Firebreath, were smaller and weaker than the other clan’s Draconids, but what they lost in power, they gained it back with their number. The clan decided to hide their Draconid army until they declare war on the other clan to claim their Dragon Cores, because the legends say that if all Dragon Cores are brought to the same place, if they gather enough energy, they will create a Rainbow Dragon Eggs, and a new Rainbow Dragon shall be born...

ONCE AGAIN TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY BY BOB DE QUATRE!!! Amazing work Bob! I'd love to see some of these designs in real life.

Oooh... Those seemingly absurd fighters are actually a part of the greatest culture in history? Didn't see that coming.

What I did see coming was an amount of very quilitative builds. You've intorduced some already, and here we get the missing pieces. And what a beauties are they! The Jishin especially is very nice, with is intricate shape and amazing wings (although not very fond of the cockpit). The Mizu clan's draconid (doesn't it have a name then?) has those awesome pods, but I'm not very fond of the shape. It would be nice to have one very skinny and streamlinded Draconid here... But so far for the critics bit, because it's very hard to write it when you're facing such an amount of awesomeness, skill and creativity.

I'm really glad and amazed that you continued this theme of yours, and exceeded yourself with every new build. You are now definetly the king of space curves (there should be a tag for that!)!!! You've made this series of creations into a great saga with a very nice background story (But I already know you're going to say that you wrote it one afternoon when you were bored... :tongue: ). And yeah, you even gave a shot at some scenery. Not too bad... makes me want to see that vulcano etc.

So I really can't imagine what awesome stuff you will come up with next!!! The Rainbow Dragon? A new theme? (my guesses are Space Pirates of Space Knights (in succesion of TLM set). Oh God, I even see you making a Space cavemen theme!). Anyway, you've got my attention. :wub:

Thanks all :blush:

(doesn't it have a name then?)

Wow I forgot to mention it :look:

You are now definetly the king of space curves (there should be a tag for that!)!!!

Well... I can't really request a tag for myself... :grin:

(But I already know you're going to say that you wrote it one afternoon when you were bored... :tongue: ).

Ok I won't say it :tongue:

And yeah, you even gave a shot at some scenery. Not too bad... makes me want to see that vulcano etc.

I'm not very happy with the little scenery... It didn't go well, and I wasn't able to do all the rockwork I wanted... Maybe this is the limit of LDD for me :sadnew:

So I really can't imagine what awesome stuff you will come up with next!!! The Rainbow Dragon? A new theme? (my guesses are Space Pirates of Space Knights (in succesion of TLM set). Oh God, I even see you making a Space cavemen theme!). Anyway, you've got my attention. :wub:

I love Space Pirates, and I've wanted to develop it for quite some times... And my firsts builds on EB were Space Pirates :wink:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73068

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73000

MINDBLOWN! These are so amazing. I need to open a window because the awesomness here is overflowing my apartment. All dragons have a very unique and great build, Bob you are the best Sci-fi builder in the world IMO.

The reason why these MOC's haven't been featured on some AFOL site or the front page is beyond me. This is how far you can go with fantastic MOCs and excellent storytelling. I'm bewildered by the curves these things have. The story is very odd, but all the more interesting. I want to hear more of these clans and their war, not mention more about the Rainbow dragon.

Absolutely outstanding, Bob. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Penkid11

People don't like me, so no frontpage for me... :cry_sad:

Thanks Penkid11. I know I messed up the story, I should have spent more time on it :hmpf_bad:

Thanks Penkid11. I know I messed up the story, I should have spent more time on it :hmpf_bad:

There was no problem with it. It's weirdness is what makes it great!

Bob, i bow down to your awesomeness, not only your imagination but your building skills far surpass mine worshippy.gif

Edited by BasOne

WOW!

I like them all, but the black one with the splitting head is my favorite <3

My eyes are pleased :)

Good stuff! The price of a mega b uild like this is just scary, cool but scary.

Thanks all :blush:

WOW!

I like them all, but the black one with the splitting head is my favorite <3

My eyes are pleased :)

It's been a long time since I've pleased a lady's eyes :blush::sweet:

Good stuff! The price of a mega b uild like this is just scary, cool but scary.

Don't quite understand what you mean... I've prepared a bricklink order for the Whitefang and it would cost me between 100 and 150 euros, and less in north america.

What a great story concept! I was wondering where you were going with these Draconids. I especially like the black one. This could be the basis for a graphic novel, maybe even a whole comic series or TV show. Shure blows Chima out of the water already. :laugh:

This is the best sci-fi stuff I've seen in a long time. Every single one is simply amazing!

This is spectecular i guarantee these MOC's are one of the best i've ever seen, and i've seen a LOT my friend :wink:

Normally you wont find me on the Space/Sci-fi Forum but this post took my attention!

Edited by kevkipo

Thanks to the people I didn't thanked back then :blush:

This is spectecular i guarantee these MOC's are one of the best i've ever seen, and i've seen a LOT my friend :wink:

Normally you wont find me on the Space/Sci-fi Forum but this post took my attention!

Thanks a lot :blush:

That means you should come in the Sci-Fi subforum more often. And I hope you'll do :wink: