LEGO Guy Bri

Moving My Entire Collection

Since I started collecting again 3 years ago, space has gotten tight, really tight. I had been keeping everything LEGO at my parents house. Then on January 18/19 I decided to rent a van and move it downtown to my building, closer too my apartment, where I can store it in a more comfortable, spacious, location. Now their weight is better distributed. Used sets are now 4-5, instead of 6-8, similar goes for the newer sets. Unfortunately this will only be a temporary, as this ex-communications room they are in will most likely be renovated and rented later this year. When this happens, I will move it into another location in my building.

It took a few friends and I around four hours and two trips in a 10' UHaul. The hardest part was getting everything out of the room, downstairs, and into the truck. Couple that with a four inch snowfall, covered windy roads, and potholes, and you had our saturday evening. We only used two ratchet-straps and some care placement to secure the opened set bins on the first trip. A tarp and blankets and short stacks to transport the new sets. After a 15 minute, 4 mile drive, everything arrived safe, with only a single lever/antenna falling off an old fireboat.

Unloading was very fast thanks to a loading bay, some carts, and freight elevator. A straight shot to 2nd floor and an hour of stacking boxes and it was done. I figured I shoot the move, but wish I would have had pics of the weather that night. Serving double as a record if anything bad happened to these, as we all know how valuable some of these are. Next I will be photographing the contents of the storage bins, as much has changed since 2011. Plus, I've always liked those 'I Spy' books, and looking at a photo shooting down into those bins is very reminiscent IMO. So here is a move of an AFOL with a serious problem :blush::classic:

01_moving_1-18-14.jpg_thumb.jpg 02_moving_1-18-14.jpg_thumb.jpg 03_moving_1-18-14.jpg_thumb.jpg 04_moving_1-18-14.jpg_thumb.jpg 05_moving_1-18-14.jpg_thumb.jpg

06_moving_1-18-14.jpg_thumb.jpg 07_moving_1-19-14.jpg_thumb.jpg 08_moving_1-19-14.jpg_thumb.jpg storage_21.jpg

Looks like you will need a shelf organizer for all those boxes. :classic: Are they all MISB or NISB? Since space for me is limited I put boxes inside boxes.

b4dq3p.jpg

Seriously, nice collection. Looks like part personal use, part resale?

I thought I had a lot of Lego. You, sir, have a lot of Lego :thumbup: awesome.

Edited by naf

Your move seem to have been quite an adventure.

Sorry for asking, but I am wondering what is the reason you have so many unopened sets?

Most of us have a LEGO collection. You my friend, have an addiction. Good luck managing your addiction/collection. Lots of nice sets there!

If you build one set a day, how long will it take to build them all?

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Most of us have a LEGO collection. You my friend, have an addiction. Good luck managing your addiction/collection. Lots of nice sets there!

Andy D

I think if youve been on this forum, you also have an addiction.

My problem is that I cant afford all the sets this guy has :laugh:

Thank you for everyones curiosity and comments :sweet:

I am wondering what is the reason you have so many unopened sets?

Mainly because I ran out of room for displaying sets in my city :classic:

Do you even LEGO? are those for resell or something?

Looks like part personal use, part resale?

I do build, no sets at the moment, only MOCs. Over the past year, I have not built much with LEGO, but wood, metal, and sheet rock. I started building my apartment last April. Couple that with 55hr work weeks, I haven't much time to build LEGO

As for resale, in spite of how it looks, I have no want or intention of selling or parting out my collection :classic:

Are they all MISB or NISB?

The majority of the boxes are still sealed. A few where purchased damaged with broken or unstuck seals, others where purchased severely crushed :classic:

Sorry for asking, but I am wondering what is the reason you have so many unopened sets?

Short answer is, I ran out of room for displaying sets in my city :classic:

You my friend, have an addiction.

Addiction; passion, who knows! But, I suppose if you're going to be addicted, let it be with something productive. One set a day, would probably take about a year, but there are many, many more smaller sets than larger ones :classic:

I think if youve been on this forum, you also have an addiction.

My problem is that I cant afford all the sets this guy has :laugh:

I'm sure I do, but I'm in denial. I can quit anytime, yeah right, who am I kidding.

Andy D