Sign in to follow this  
-DoNe-

Lego Eldorado Fortress Revisited [MOC]

[pid][/pid] 244D

Hello everyone!

It's kind of crazy to think about it but it have been 2 years since my last pirate MOC was uploaded to this awesome forum. Of some strange reason I haven't built any pirate related stuff until a couple of weeks back when I woke up one morning and just felt that it was time, time to bring life to my beloved pirate collection. Best. Decision. So.Far.

The first place I went to was of course Classic Pirates for some inspiration, another great decison :pir_laugh2: After just 15 minutes of lurking around on the forum I was motivated enough to start the building process, and then I realized I had not decided what to build yet :pir_wacko:

After another fifteen minutes or so lurking around on Brickset I decided that I wantet to make the Eldorado Fortress!

I had a blast putting it together. Especially since it uses a bunch of different colors that I'am not used to use in MOCs. Neither could I use many modern technics since I wanted to keep the classic feel of it.

CPmain_zpseb52b3ca.jpg

CPadmiral_zps90fdd9d2.jpg

CPoverview_zps17de8355.jpg

CPtopviewe_zps7bd988e5.jpg

For more picture please visit my Brickshelf:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=540241

P.S I turned 17 last Tuesday so you better wish me happy birthday :pir-grin:

Edited by -DoNe-

Like I said on Flickr, awesome reboot of a classic set.

...oh and happy birthday

Thank you very much! :D

Awesome remake to one of my favorite sets! I like the new base plate!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

P.S. Happy birthday!

A nice clean build, I loved the original set as well but I never had it...yet, I like how you rounded the small battlements platform with the cannon.

Beautiful interpretation of my all time favorite Lego set.pirate_wubnew.gif

You captured the 'feel' of it very well, I can't wait for more pictures, and future MOCs of yours!

And you made yourself a great birthday present,

Happy birthday!pirate_classic.gif

Beautiful interpretation of my all time favorite Lego set.pirate_wubnew.gif

You captured the 'feel' of it very well, I can't wait for more pictures, and future MOCs of yours!

And you made yourself a great birthday present,

Happy birthday!pirate_classic.gif

Haha, yea. The best present of them all pirate_laugh2.gif

I thought I would be able to get them up today but tomorrow seems to be the day of photographing pir_laugh2.gif

A nice clean build, I loved the original set as well but I never had it...yet, I like how you rounded the small battlements platform with the cannon.

thanks mate! I really struggled to get the small place for the canon to look a good. pir_wacko.gif

Beautiful rendition! pir_laugh2.gif

Thank you!

nice!

Thanks!

Nice build. Saw it on MOCPages. Was wondering if it was going to show up here. :classic:

If it's a pirate MOC it is going to on here, thanks! pir_laugh2.gif

Great work. I was actually thinking of doing something similar a while back, but decided on other projects. I think your interpretation is fantastic and pays homage to the original set while bringing modern building techniques to it.

Great work. I was actually thinking of doing something similar a while back, but decided on other projects. I think your interpretation is fantastic and pays homage to the original set while bringing modern building techniques to it.

I would still love to see you do one aswell! It would be really fun to compare two custom models of the same set!

Thanks!