Sign in to follow this  
captaintau

7163 Republic Gunship

7163: Republic Gunship

First and foremost, I had a quite negative eBay experience with this. I'll try not to let that cloud my judgement

From Episode: Two

Year of release: 2003***

RRP: $90.00*** (note currently on eBay for over

Nice review. This is probably my favorite Star Wars LEGO set. Nice detail, lots of minifigs, nice playability, displays well, etc.

The only downer for me regarding this set is the huge number of stickers. I have a few of these sets and the stickers range from outstanding to flaking off and barely usable.

Otherwise a fantastic set.

Wow, another great and useful review of a good and now real "classic" LEGO Star Wars set, thanks! *y*

I bought my copy with my first paycheck from my first paid job in the legal arena! X-D

Steve

Another good review CT of one of the most loved PT sets! It is such a great set that it was bound to get very expencive after it was discontinued. When i was selling in BL i had 6 of them that i had picked up half price! I wish i still had them now :-D .

Hi, I am a little slow. Only to have started out collecting Star wars Lego late. Miss this impressive playset. Just curious, do you guys think that LEGO would "improvise" the design of the republic gunship and release it again...? I am just taking a gauge from the X-wing series, Slave 1..etc.

Seems to me that LEGO is improving on its design and relaunching it again... :-)

Hi, I am a little slow. Only to have started out collecting Star wars Lego late. Miss this impressive playset. Just curious, do you guys think that LEGO would "improvise" the design of the republic gunship and release it again...? I am just taking a gauge from the X-wing series, Slave 1..etc.

By "improvise", do you mean "improve"?

That's something we've discussed and hope will happen. Well, improve or just rerelease.

Yeah, with the upcoming AT-AT update, the Slave 1's, two A-wings, B-wings, Y-wings, etc, I'd say another Republic Gunship, one of the most popular SW sets, is almost assured *sweet*

Oh yes, I do mean that. Pardon me for my poor command in langauge...:p

Btw, I did see once on ebay which seems like a custom Repbulic Gunship...I can't find the link right now, but its really nice... :)

Hopefully, this Gunship can be re-release... :D

By "improvise", do you mean "improve"?

That's something we've discussed and hope will happen. Well, improve or just rerelease.

Great review on my favorite set ever! If they make it anew, it should have a random Jedi to prove that they did indeed use the gunships to make it planetside. Btw, that Jedi is a good Echuu Shen Jon. Who is this, do you ask? Play Galactic Battlegrounds: The Clone Campaigns, or look him up on the wookiee wiki.

Great review CT!

This is my all time fav. PT set, so there fore I got... 5,

(still regreat that you sold me that one you found all beaten up Kim :-P )

I

nice review, I really like this set, but I think that they should just do a re-release, and not change anything, that set is fine the way it is, (but I did make doors on it that can seal up the compartment on the inside, I'll have to put photos of that up soon... :-D )

Difficult to say as there's a lot of non-studdd area. A fair few, I would imagine. At least a half dozen.