Sign in to follow this  
HomerJSimpson

Future simpsons sets

So, the title says it all. What would you like to see? There's a few I want, but I mainly want another minifig series. Some sets I want are:

Springfield DMV: includes the dmv, patty, Selma, homer, and fat tony. $60

Flanders house: includes Ned's car, house. The house has about the same piece count as 71006, with the same style. There is a kitchen, living room, and the entrance to the garage has a vault door for the safe room. The second floor has the master bedroom, bathroom, and the two bedrooms combined for rod and Todd's room. It includes Ned, Edna, rod, Todd, homer, and Maude's ghost. $200

Oh, I could go on and on. But I'm going to try to limit myself and make a semi-realistic wish-list wave of sets.

I'm trying to think of things that a) LEGO could realistically make (System style sets, so nothing on scale with the Simpsons house), b) give us some characters that may not be in the CMF line and give us some variations on ones that we are most likely getting (and give LEGO a chance to save money and reuse a mold), and c) appeal enough to both kids and adult fans. Honestly, it's almost stupid that LEGO isn't making some smaller, cheap Simpson sets from the get-go because there'd be so many adult non-LEGO fans who would easily throw down 20 to 50 bucks on a small set or two to display on their desk at work. I have so many non-LEGO friends who went bananas for the Back to the Future set and display it proudly. Also using the TMNT model where if you buy most or all of the sets, you get the whole main family.

And I'm not including Moe's since LEGO already said they'd never, ever make that (they don't want alcohol references in a kid's toy, which is fair).

Homer's Work Station Minifigs (2): Homer (maybe with radioactive suit seen in the opening credits, doesn't need helmet since that would require a new mold), and either Mr. Burns, Smithers, Lenny, or Carl. Basically just his workstation and chair. Maybe an inanimate carbon rod, complete with medal. :tongue: Small impulse set. $12.99

The Android's Dungeon Minifigs (3): Comic Book Guy, Bart as Bartman, and a random kid that won't be in the CMF line (probably Martin). Doesn't need an outside, really. Just a counter, back wall, and a rack full of comics (tiles with stickers). $20 range.

Otto's Bus Minifigues (3 or 4): Otto, Lisa (maybe in hiking gear, just to give her a variation) , another random kid not in the CMF line, and maybe Skinner. Not too many truly iconic vehicles in the show that would make good sets, but this one is pretty iconic I think. Would need to be a shortened version though, so maybe only two or three rows of seats, not including Otto's seat. $35 or $40.

Kwik-E-Mart Minifigs (4 or 5): Apu (in Kwik-E-Mart uniform that he sometimes wears, because his normal version will most likely be CMF), one bully (Jimbo, Curly, or Dolph), Jasper, and Marge (in her green jacket she sometimes wears), and maybe Maggie. Would include front counter, Squishee machine, one or two simple aisles, freezer, and front of building with sliding doors. Would include the 2nd Simpson's car (Marge's red car). Jasper would be able to be "frozen" in the freezer. Apu could catch the bully in the act of shoplifting. Could easily make Squishee cups using the new coffee cup that comes with the barista in the LEGO Movie CMF line. $50 or $60.

Bart's Treehouse Could go two ways with the minifigures. Either conventional with Bart, Milhouse, Nelson, Grandpa and Herman (to recreate the classic "Bart the General" episode). Don't know how they'd do Herman's missing arm though, without a hole in his side showing. OR they could go all out and give us a Treehouse of Horror themed set. Figures would most likely be variations of existing molds that could be easily re-painted. Like Marge as a witch or Maggie with tentacles (using those squid legs from the Atlantis theme) or any other character as a zombie. The treehouse and tree should be pretty detailed so it easily pairs with the Simpsons House set. $80 to $100 depending on the detail/size.

Aaaaaand I couldn't help myself, so here are two bonus Special Edition wish-list sets!

Police Chase Minifigs (3 or 4): Chief Wiggum, Snake, Bart (in blue shirt that's never really seen in the show, but was used a lot in early promos), and maybe Lou or Eddie. Comes with a police car and a wall for Bart to spray paint 'El Barto' on (sticker). Bart would also have his skateboard. Snake could come with a crowbar and bag of cash to steal. Or maybe the wall section could have a detachable ATM that Snake could steal (I think there was a recent City set that had that feature?). $25 to 30

Krusty Burger Minifigs (4): Krusty, Pimply Faced Teen, Homer (maybe with Mmmmmmm face complete with drool), and random fourth figure (someone popular with fans but not popular enough to be CMF. Personally, I'd love for it to be Moleman). Similar in size and detail of Kwik-E-Mart set. Front counter, menu, small cooking/frying area, one or two tables with seats, maybe a drive-thru window with menu/intercom. $40 to $55 depending on size and detail.

I know this will never happen, but a Simpsons fan can dream, right? :blush:

Homer's suit wouldn't necessarily need a new mold for the helmet, they could probably get away with using the helmet from the CMF radiation suit guy, only in a different color.

Homer's suit wouldn't necessarily need a new mold for the helmet, they could probably get away with using the helmet from the CMF radiation suit guy, only in a different color.

That would only work if they were using normal LEGO minifig heads instead of the large, molded ones they are using. So sadly there's no way the CMF radiation suit helmet (or any normal LEGO minifig headgear, really) is going to fit onto the Simpson heads. Which really stinks, because we'll never see (or be able to make on our own) Simpson variations with new headgear (like Bart in his lucky red cap) unless they make a new mold. :cry_sad:

Moe's, Kwik-E-Mart are the two that come to mind for me, full buildings with 4 walls!

What I don't want to see are a bunch of "scene" sets that have polluted the Star Wars line for the past 5-10 years.

Edited by canuckster

Since we aren't getting Moe's tavern, I especially want the Power Plant (Even just Homer's workstation and Burns' office) and the Elementary School (Same scale as the house, preferably).

I can't see them doing the nuclear plant either because of all the anti-nuke activists who would complain.

I would definitely like them to do a Springfield Elementary School set. However, I can only seeing them doing the main classroom due to the size of the school. The full school would end up needing to be about three to four times the size of the Simpsons House in order to be at the same scale. That would be close to 10,000 pieces and I can never see them doing that.

Anyway, the sets I would love to see are:

Qwik-E-Mart: Would be the full building and parking lot in front with the Dumpster. Minifigs would be Apu, Snake, Jimbo, and Dolph.

Comic Book Shop: Perhaps they could do this kind of like a Modular with printed comic books (Radioactive Man #1) in a window thing to make it look like a case. It would also include Comic Book Guy and Milhouse.

Springfield Retirement Home: Include Grandpa Simpson and other old Minifigures. The set would just be the main room where the old folks relax.

Springfield Elementary School: Would include Bart and Lisa's classes with a hallway and perhaps Principal Skinner's office. Minifigs would be Martin, Mrs. Krabappal, Principal Skinner, Superintendant Chalmers, Lisa's Teacher.

Springfield Elementary School Playground: Would have the playground with the slide, monkey bars, and domed playcage. Would also have Groundskeeper Willie's shed. Minifigs would be Nelson, Ralph, Groundskeeper Willie.

Otto's Bus: A school bus with Otto as the driver, Sherri and Terri,

Springfield Nuclear Power Plant: The set would be Homer's office, the radioactive material handling area as seen in the show intro, and the kitchen/break room. Minifigs would include Carl, and Lenny.

Mr. Burns' Mansion: This one would be a big set, but due to all the open space in his mansion it would be fairly empty. Would include "the hounds", Mr. Burns, Smithers.

Springfield Police: Would include a simple station with an entrance and a jail cell. It would also include a police car and a police prisoner transport van. Minifigs would be Police Chief Wiggum, Sideshow Bob, Lou, and Eddie.

The Flanders' House: Would be similar in size to The Simpsons House, and would include Church Suit Ned Flanders, Maude Flanders, Rod and Todd Flanders, Helen and Reverend Lovejoy. This would be so that they could include them without having to include the Church which I'm not sure is something they would want to do. At the Flanders' House, they would be there for an after church lunch or dinner, hence why the Flanders' Family would be in their church gear.

Channel Six: This set would have the newsroom where the News is shot, Krusty The Clown's studio, and Canal Ocho. It would have the backstage area which would have a hallway leading to the dressing rooms of the minifigs in the set. Minifigs would include Kent Brockman, Krusty The Clown, Sideshow Mel, and Bumblebee Man.

The sets I've listed above are "big" sets and would likely be in the $100 plus range for most, if not all, of them. But if they were to release multiple Simpsons sets in this theme (which I'm REALLY hoping they do), they could add in mini-sets like Bart's Tree House, Town Center with Jebediah Springfield, etc. etc. in between the large sets. I've excluded Moe's Tavern since Lego has already stated they will NOT be producing this set, but perhaps an MOC Moe's Tavern could be created and instructions given on how to build it.

Hopefully we'll get at least one of the sets I mentioned above, but I would REALLY love to see them all!

Edited by Jdurg