Sign in to follow this  
exxtrooper

[MOC] Breez XL Machine

12155089045_4de4cca974_c.jpg

12155089055_7e08f02330_c.jpg

12155769766_14b706ddb4_c.jpg

And here we are! Posting mocs on Eurobricks yet again, it has been way too long but that is about to change.

Let's just say I didnt buy Rockas Mech for his minifig or Flyer Beast because of his wings. Very first build centered around the new Minifig scale, really wanted to make bigger Mech at first but in the end it just looks like a green Evo machine. I actually think building the smaller ones is a bit more satisfying. Though the only thing taken from the Evo build is the hip segment which I just had to use as it eliminates all the problems with previous titans and was just too neat to pass. The entire torso is a unique techinc build this time around with no use of torso pieces of any kind, actually kept it quite simple to avoid using too many pieces, I usually go overboard.

In the end, I think it turned out decent, I'm not 100% satisfied with this but It's been just kind of laying around for a while so I might as well just get it out there.

And Breez also deserved a proper mech.

Great MOC! I really like the little details on it, like the red lights on the mech's torso or the flamethrower.

Badass ! Nice to see that the Hero Factory didn't keep their biggest toys for the boys. I especially like the use of 2.0 feet above the shoulders. This is really a great MOC. And I agree with WARHEAD, your photographs are beautiful.

Impressive build, but I don't think an XL of that stature and bulk works for Breez. It would work more for, well.....Bulk.

Is that a Pacific Rim inspired plasma cannon I see as the left arm?

Either way, great MOC. The shaping and leg articulation seem like one or two steps up from Evo XL Machine, and the flamethrower's a nice build.

To me, it looks like the kind of heavy mech that Bulk or Evo would operate, almost as if Bulk was meant to get his own machine, but accidentally damages the HF tower while testing it, and so it's repainted and given to Breez.

Having said that, I really like it. It's a solid looking build with a well-done color scheme. Really like the red lights on there.

Not a huge fan of the flamethrower but if the Pyrox flame part was replaced with the green flame from Toxic Reapa, one (me) could pretend it's knockout gas, seeing as Breez is more the animal lover/tamer than the beast killer, you know?

Again, very well done.

I wonder- will you be creating any more mechs, or possibly designing a larger Beastie for Breez and her new ride to fight? The "Flyer Beast" looks a little on the small side compared to this thing.

That thing is wonderfully done. Suitably bulky for an XL mech. The legs, the flamethrower, and everything else just looks great. Also nice to see you included a little platform for the Hero's feet.

This is the greatest Invasion From Below moc I've seen to date. The little details like the lights and the antennae really give the mech some good character. Once I get the new sets, I need to build something like this. Very well done.

This Breez Titan Mech look great (I know it's a XL but I don't care I'll calling it a Titan), but I think this is more of a Furno Titan Mech if you change the lime green to red, keep the weapons and change the Minifigure to Furno. Anyway, the body look great ,like the use of the Shield Handle add-on armor and using the 2.0 feet for the shoulders but I don't like that there are gaps in it. The legs are really odd and the feet don't look that good, I think it will look better if the feet was the Elliptical Feet. The weapons I love, the flamethrower is epic and the color is good but i think the body need to little more black.

Overall it great but I still think this is more of Furno Mech instead of Breez unless you give it different weapons like a bow or something and I don't like the gaps on the body and legs.

Shadow, these links are getting annoying. Stop posting links that are not needed!!!

Putting links in your post is useless when they add nothing to the conversation, especially when we know what a majority if parts are.

If they serve no purpose, don't put anymore links.

Edited by Jetrax99

Shadow, these links are getting annoying. Stop posting links that are not needed!!!

Putting links in your post is useless when they add nothing to the conversation, especially when we know what a majority if parts are.

If they serve no purpose, don't put anymore links.

Again, I don't think there's a problem here. Other than the 2.0 feet, I don't think I'd have known exactly what parts he was talking about if he didn't provide links. I often try to provide links and/or part numbers in my own posts for the same reason if I think there's room for confusion.

Anyhow, about this MOC. I love the design. It's fantastically beefy and has wonderfully smooth textures. The color scheme is very nifty. And I love the creative use of System to support the mini-hero's feet, as well as the elaborate weapon designs. I can't really find any flaws in this model. Great work!

Hell yeah, that's more the weight class of mech you'd expect from Breeze. It's just a little too bulky for her character, but thinner legs would be hard/impossible to do, and short of jump jets, I can't really think of much that would make this more agile. Great work!

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys I really appreciate it! :laugh:

Great MOC! I really like the little details on it, like the red lights on the mech's torso or the flamethrower.

Thank you! The whole build got really bland with only black and bright green, glad you liked it!

Stunning. Both the photography and the mech itself.

Badass ! Nice to see that the Hero Factory didn't keep their biggest toys for the boys. I especially like the use of 2.0 feet above the shoulders. This is really a great MOC. And I agree with WARHEAD, your photographs are beautiful.

Thanks guys I take great pride in my photography! That really means a quite a lot.

Impressive build, but I don't think an XL of that stature and bulk works for Breez. It would work more for, well.....Bulk.

I'd agree it doesn't fit her character that well, but too be honest that wasn't my main focus while making this, I really just wanted a green mech and Breez is the only green character.

Is that a Pacific Rim inspired plasma cannon I see as the left arm?

Either way, great MOC. The shaping and leg articulation seem like one or two steps up from Evo XL Machine, and the flamethrower's a nice build.

Something along those lines yes! Took a lot of inspiration from both pacific rim and Exo-Force. Glad you liked the flamethrower, it still kinda looks like a black stick but I really didn't want to overcomplicate it too much.

To me, it looks like the kind of heavy mech that Bulk or Evo would operate, almost as if Bulk was meant to get his own machine, but accidentally damages the HF tower while testing it, and so it's repainted and given to Breez.

Having said that, I really like it. It's a solid looking build with a well-done color scheme. Really like the red lights on there.

Not a huge fan of the flamethrower but if the Pyrox flame part was replaced with the green flame from Toxic Reapa, one (me) could pretend it's knockout gas, seeing as Breez is more the animal lover/tamer than the beast killer, you know?

Again, very well done.

I wonder- will you be creating any more mechs, or possibly designing a larger Beastie for Breez and her new ride to fight? The "Flyer Beast" looks a little on the small side compared to this thing.

I guess we'll accept this as the backstory of this mech. Thanks! Liked how the torso came out in the end. It was actually the plan to make flyer beast into a bigger yellow monster but I turned down the concept for now, maybe I'll revisit it in the future some time.

That thing is wonderfully done. Suitably bulky for an XL mech. The legs, the flamethrower, and everything else just looks great. Also nice to see you included a little platform for the Hero's feet.

Thank you very much! The bare legs on the cockpits was always something that bothered me, I think this simple solution does the job just about right.

This is the greatest Invasion From Below moc I've seen to date. The little details like the lights and the antennae really give the mech some good character. Once I get the new sets, I need to build something like this. Very well done.

Thanks a lot! I ordered the sets from lego.com and got them quite early, the new parts are very fun to play with.

This Breez Titan Mech look great (I know it's a XL but I don't care I'll calling it a Titan), but I think this is more of a Furno Titan Mech if you change the lime green to red, keep the weapons and change the Minifigure to Furno. Anyway, the body look great ,like the use of the Shield Handle add-on armor and using the 2.0 feet for the shoulders but I don't like that there are gaps in it. The legs are really odd and the feet don't look that good, I think it will look better if the feet was the Elliptical Feet. The weapons I love, the flamethrower is epic and the color is good but i think the body need to little more black.

Overall it great but I still think this is more of Furno Mech instead of Breez unless you give it different weapons like a bow or something and I don't like the gaps on the body and legs.

Again, I don't think there's a problem here. Other than the 2.0 feet, I don't think I'd have known exactly what parts he was talking about if he didn't provide links. I often try to provide links and/or part numbers in my own posts for the same reason if I think there's room for confusion.

Anyhow, about this MOC. I love the design. It's fantastically beefy and has wonderfully smooth textures. The color scheme is very nifty. And I love the creative use of System to support the mini-hero's feet, as well as the elaborate weapon designs. I can't really find any flaws in this model. Great work!

Thanks Aanchir means a lot coming from the great lego fanatic of brickset, BZPower, Brickipedia and just about every big lego site on the web! I tried using the rounded shoulders at first but it didn't give that much of a bulky look, while I'm not too big of a fan of those 2.0 feet they work great as shoulder bulkiness!

Hell yeah, that's more the weight class of mech you'd expect from Breeze. It's just a little too bulky for her character, but thinner legs would be hard/impossible to do, and short of jump jets, I can't really think of much that would make this more agile. Great work!

Thank you!

Well then putting all this feedback together, the Mech is great and all, just if it weren't for breez :grin:

This MOC isn't just one of the best Invasion from Below MOCs, it's one of the only ones, as well.

Truth to be told, this MOC has given my a new idea for my own Breez mech; rather than a lean and agile-looking robot, as I was originally planning, a more hand-to-face-based brawling mecha. I wonder what the safest place to put a cockpit would be. At the back maybe, with a screen for supplying visuals?