just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

I don't think it's an "old" version of Bilbo. His hair is the same color as normal Bilbo. Unless you mean old like from a previous movie, in which case I'd agree that you were right.

Although not what I was hoping for, it doesn't really surprise me that it's another Bilbo. I will most definitely be picking one up regardless! The arm printing is wonderful. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that version of Bilbo would be the only LOTR or Hobbit figure with arm print, right? Could that be hinting at something for future figures in this next Hobbit wave, or theoretical final LOTR wave?

I can't think of anything that stands out as distinctive on the arms or sleeves for most of the Hobbit or LotR characters? At least nothing that would make it worth going all the way for arm printing?

This kind of goes without saying, but Ace from fbtb.net just confirmed that he will be attending NYTF this weekend:

http://www.fbtb.net/.../toy-fair-2014/

Sunday can't come soon enough :wub:

I don't suppose anyone who still posts at FBTB could ask Ace if he could find out whats going on with the LOTR theme?

I can't think of anything that stands out as distinctive on the arms or sleeves for most of the Hobbit or LotR characters? At least nothing that would make it worth going all the way for arm printing?

True but the same can be said of Bilbo in his coat. The same level of detail is 'missing' from Thranduil who has an odd color green instead of the metallic like print or Elrond who wears vambraces, shoulder armor, open sleeves and heavy leather gauntlets. I am not saying the Preorder Bilbo will is indicative of future use of arm printing but many other characters deserve the same printing if not more in comparison.

True but the same can be said of Bilbo in his coat. The same level of detail is 'missing' from Thranduil who has an odd color green instead of the metallic like print or Elrond who wears vambraces, shoulder armor, open sleeves and heavy leather gauntlets. I am not saying the Preorder Bilbo will is indicative of future use of arm printing but many other characters deserve the same printing if not more in comparison.

I agree, that's exactly why it made me curious. I don't think it's very likely because it hasn't happen yet up to this point, where there have been plenty of opportunities, but it could be a sign that it might change in the last wave.

Unless Deathleech's split wave theory is correct, then it wouldn't make any sense at all.

Sunday is almost here :wub:

Oh man i want to see the Bo5a set and the Erebor set!

(Actually i want to see all of them :P)

Just 1 day of school to go :D (for me at least)

Does some American person on this forum know how late it starts at your time? that is so i can check what time that is in my time (European)

According to their website:

Toy Fair 2014 will take place February 16-19, 2014 (Sunday-Wednesday) at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and showroom locations. The show hours are 10:00am-6:00pm on Sunday, 9:00am-6:00pm Monday & Tuesday and 9:00am-4:00pm on Wednesday.

I doubt we would get any photos until the show closes on Sunday since if I was there, I would not leave early to post stuff online.

I doubt we would get any photos until the show closes on Sunday since if I was there, I would not leave early to post stuff online.

Thats the general idea, but with twitter and instagram pictures can appear instantly from eager visitors.

And im sure some people go there to see specific things and dont needa stay all day.

Edited by deskp

According to their website:

Toy Fair 2014 will take place February 16-19, 2014 (Sunday-Wednesday) at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and showroom locations. The show hours are 10:00am-6:00pm on Sunday, 9:00am-6:00pm Monday & Tuesday and 9:00am-4:00pm on Wednesday.

Show closes on Sunday? tought you said Wednesday?

EDIT: sorry i get what you mean now, you mean at the end of day one right?

Edited by kevkipo

WOW! If that is the Smaug we will see in oct then I'm sold! Hopefully they will have the finished model at NY toy fair.

Anyone else notice how they have attached the claws to the wings? Genius! Can't wait to see the set version!

Edited by legofreak86

Wasn't Smaug more of a bordeaux/brown colour? Still very satisfied with the outcome.

lego-the-hobbit-video-game-600x794.jpg

Smaug-the-Dragon-voiced-by-Benedict-Cumberbatch.jpg

Edited by Cammo

Smaug was dark red the brown effect was the lighting and colour grading as in the bit where you see him outside the mountain he is dark red.

Edited by legofreak86

Wow, that looks great :wub: Hopefully his wings are jointed (unlike those of the somewhat stiff Hungarian Horntail) :thumbup:

Edit: Apparently, that picture is going to be the boxart: http://brickfanatics...hobbit-key-art/

Yes if you look closely you can see that they are jointed :wub:

SMAUG LOOKS AWESOME GIVE ME ONE NOW :wub: :wub: :wub:

looks good to me now we just need beorn in bear form and I will be happy

That looks great, the only part that bothers me is the head. Just doesn't look right to me. Other than that BALL JOINTED WINGS!!!! Legs are the same mold as the castle dragon as far as I can see.

The ball jointed wings are great.

I wonder since they released this image if that means they are ready to reveal Smaug for the set?

It would be a nice reveal for NY.

@Cammo: Exactly :thumbup: It's a CG rendered version, the real print surely looks more refined :wub: Besides, some parts of his head (e.g. his teeth or the iconic horns on his chin) aren't visible on the picture since he's breathing fire :wink:

I wonder if he'll have the glowing belly print.

My worst fear is if his jaw is non posable.

Edited by Floundie

I think it's strange that Bilbo hasn't got bare feet in the box art. The LotR game showed Merry and Pippin bare feet. Although it's just splitting hairs.