Sign in to follow this  
KimT

Talk to the Star Wars Moderators and Regulators

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

So this is the topic for asking questions concerning the Star Wars Forum.

Anything you'd like to know or questions you need to ask may be posted here and we'll reply as soon as possible.

This topic has been ignited by questions on how to get indexed by different members.

Let me give the simple answer which is:

If your review/discussion/MOC submitted live up to the rules stated in the Review Index and MOC Index, then we'll add them as soon as we get around to it. I am currently a little behind on the MOC Index, but I aim to have that one updated within long :grin:

As for reviews, they're updated regularily but it can take up to a few weeks before it's indexed.

If you haven't got the amount of posts needed to add a poll, then we'll do it - preferably before it's indexed - meaning as soon as we see it around the forum.

Thanks everyone for contributing with your MOC's and reviews. :thumbup:

For future reference: I (we) refer to MOC, MOD, diorama, vignette, midnette and bignette as MOC - just to keep it simple for all of us. I hope that's okay with everyone, though we still try to keep them a little separated in the MOC Index.

"Stay On Target!"

What exactly do you mean by Media and Culture?

I believe he means a section relating to the Star Wars Movie and Cone wars, mainly anything TV or Game related.

In which case that would go to the Cultrue and multimedia forum. ;]

Ok, i'll go first, can we have a star wars sub section for media and culture section.

I agree. A lot of stuff in the Culture and Multimedia forum is now Star Wars related and perhaps it would be nice if it was cleaned up a bit.

I haven't really seen to many threads for SW there, and even then, this is mainly the LEGO Star Wars forum, not really aimed at anything else.

(Wait, this is ask the moderators thread...I'm not a moderator. >_< I'll leave now. :tounge: )

I haven't really seen to many threads for SW there, and even then, this is mainly the LEGO Star Wars forum, not really aimed at anything else.

(Wait, this is ask the moderators thread...I'm not a moderator. >_< I'll leave now. :tounge: )

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...te=%2Bstar+wars

21 since Novmember 08, i should know i started most of them.

I'll think about it and talk it over with Stash and the rest of the staff.

This topic has been ignited by questions on how to get indexed by different members.

:laugh:

Nice idea. I agree with the others for a Star Wars Shows subforum. :thumbup:

Well to sort of build off of DarthSion's idea, a subforum would be great for just Star Wars in general. The pirates were allowed to bring all of their custom minifigs in, so why shouldn't we be able to bring in all Star Wars related stuff?

Instead of only and strictly talking about Lego Star Wars sets and MOCs, we should also be able to discuss Star Wars custom minifigs, Star Wars movies and shows, and Star Wars anything in here! It would be much easier rather than looking in three places, the Minifig Customization Workshop, the Culture and Multimedia Section, and here.

You guys make a fair point which I'll glady discuss with the rest of the staff.

Bear in mind though that decisions are made on a what's-best-for-the-site base and thus I can't promise anything :grin:

Not sure about the custom minifigs though, but as promised I'll transfer your wishes to the rest of the staff and take it up with them.

Much appreciated mate, personally i think custom SW mini figures should go in workshop, but if it gets us a sub section i can live with it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Grrr too much niceness must go do something evil offline.

Edited by DarthSion

KimT, are you still working on the minifig index, or is that going to be a permanent WIP?

(Sorry, best way I could put it. :grin: )

I made a contest in the Website and Forums board, so it would probably be better to discuss the Star Wars Subforum there.

Anyway, any idea of when we will know when the next contest is?

-May the Force be with you.

Not sure about the custom minifigs though, but as promised I'll transfer your wishes to the rest of the staff and take it up with them.

I agree- that would defeat the purpose of the MCW. I still think all custom minifigs belong there.

I also agree that a sub-forum for discussing SW in general- not just Lego- would be appropriate. Like Skipper said, the C&M forum is overflowing with SW related stuff, and people talk about general SW in this forum already. :laugh:

Other than that, I have nothing to add. The SW forum continues to be a frequently visited forum here for me not only because I like the Lego theme, but that it's well-moderated, easy to navigate (indexes), and has a friendly atmosphere. Thanks, Kim, and soon Stash. :sweet:

Well to sort of build off of DarthSion's idea, a subforum would be great for just Star Wars in general. The pirates were allowed to bring all of their custom minifigs in, so why shouldn't we be able to bring in all Star Wars related stuff?

Can you see where this line of thought leads? Sure it's great that people can find Star Wars without being forced to see non Star Wars topics... but where does it end? What happens to the people who want to look at customs all in one place? Ultimately you can't please everyone; older EB members will recall that we used to have a MOC forum, but we blended it into each theme as it was causing confusion. Some welcomed this change, others didn't.

But as KimT says the staff will discuss it.

Grrr too much niceness must go do something evil offline.

Leave my kittens alone! :cry_sad:

Well i only asked because its been mentioned a couple of times in threads i have made.

I'm not sure if its the place to ask, but i wish we could change the thread names, i made a thread decided i wanted to change it contacted white fang, and nothing happened, not even a sorry but i cant reply.

And it wouldn't hurt cats, i donate to rspca.

i made a thread decided i wanted to change it contacted white fang, and nothing happened, not even a sorry but i cant reply..

I am currently outside now, but based on the pm request which you have sent me, i had added the topic description below your orignal title. Isn't this is the request which you have put across?

With regards of not replying your pm, I must have been busy doing something else due to multiple windows.

Next, allowing members to change topics freely will results in greater confusion, and the staff will have to monitor even more things, causing it to be inefficient, and most of us will see daily change of topic titles without knowing the orignal one.

Next, allowing members to change topics freely will results in greater confusion, and the staff will have to monitor even more things, causing it to be inefficient, and most of us will see daily change of topic titles without knowing the orignal one.

Exactly. With things as they are can keep track of things easier.

While I'm here, please remember that this topic is meant to be just for the Star Wars forum. Requests that affect the whole forum should go in the other topic.

And it wouldn't hurt cats, i donate to rspca.

Oh! The poor dogs! :cry_sad:

Ok didn't see that.

Lol, i wont point out the irony of your part about off topic Siegfried *cough cats dogs cough*

I wouldn't hurt dogs either.

So just our of curiosity and not to harp on a piss anyone off, but how long would it take to decide if we get a sub section or not for the multimedia thread.

Back to the topic at hand, is there a chance we could have like a cheapo/bargain sticky thread or something instead of lots of ebay threads, or maybe regional if its a bargain for the USA put it as the USA.

Lol, i wont point out the irony of your part about off topic Siegfried *cough cats dogs cough*

:hmpf: Only if you're looking for it. My point wasn't about being off topic in that way, it was about being relevant to the intentions of the topic. Since better explanations are obviously needed, let's look what KimT said;

So this is the topic for asking questions concerning the Star Wars Forum.

Most of the questions that people are asking affect the whole forum... and that's why I'm replying.

So just our of curiosity and not to harp on a piss anyone off, but how long would it take to decide if we get a sub section or not for the multimedia thread.

Under a week, but more than a day. Due to the wonder of Time Zones it takes at least that long for all the staff to read a topic and discuss it. But please note that this request alters the structure of the entire site. This is the "LEGO Star Wars" forum which is a sub part of the "Themes" forum. "Culture & Multimedia" is in the "Eurobricks Community" forum. See my point? People are asking for a change to EB site structure (which we've just recently changed) that would bring non-LEGO into a LEGO focused forum.

Fair enough, but things do change, like at whirlpool.

Errr... sorry you've completely lost me here.

whirlpool_washing_machines.jpg

Errr... sorry you've completely lost me here.

whirlpool_washing_machines.jpg

No way, you must be the first Aussie not to know whirlpool.

http://whirlpool.net.au/

It started out as a site for Bigpond users, get it a whirlpool in a Bigpond, now its Australia's largest computer forums, not just telastra, optus, aapt, primus, movie section, tv section, smaller broadband providers, dial up and satellite, games sections, news, on the net, file sharing, everything that is legal.

Edited by DarthSion