jondesouza

My son's first MOC

Hi everyone

This is the first castle MOC built by my 8 year old son, Nat which I promised him I'd add to EB. It mostly uses pieces from my old castle sets, especially 6073 and 6080 (which means lots of molded wall pieces). The fence pieces are from 369 (the Coast Guard Station).

The biggest lesson he's learned is not to make the model an odd number of pieces wide as it made building the roof and adding the doors quite difficult for him. I've been teaching him about building walls, hence the way he's built the tower at the top of the model; he (and I!) are keen to practice new techniques.

I'm going to be showing Nat any replies to this thread so be nice everyone!

img_0460.jpg

img_0461.jpg

img_0462.jpg

Not bad for a 8 year old, it looks really nice. I really like the tower. Tell him to keep up the good work! :classic:

Edited by TheLazyChicken

for a eight year old this looks great, i guess there could be some improvements but for eight years old this is pretty good

This is great. At his age I was still following the instructions to a t. I didn't have any creations that looked this great :)

Hey that's excellent for his first MOC! I like how he used bricks to substitute one of the windows. I also like that he used a specific color-scheme for his MOC instead of using every color in the bucket, like what many other 8-year-olds do. :classic:

Great MOC for an 8 year old, nice to see he's used a colour scheme as mentioned above, my suggestion for him would be to add figures to set a tone, unless off course figures are kept away by his pap :laugh:, great job though. :classic:

That is a great MoC, definitly better then what I did at that age.

Now if he only changes the white banner to a yellow one, we can recruit him into Mitgardia over at the Guilds of Historica :wink:

Great work, but 1 thing really pierced my eyes... the white fence usage... kinda ticked the MOC in a weird place... rest was great!

That's impressive work for an eight-year-old. Sure, the shape and design's quite simple, but your son clearly has an eye for what works and knows how to use the pieces he has. I'd say keep up the good work, and encourage his talent!