Sign in to follow this  
J4ke

[SoNE Free Build) Tachyon Airspeeder

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

11439801815_11a3df4a2c_z.jpg

I spent far too much time on Wookiepedia looking at for speeders that Rebels used in cold climates. Somehow I ended up building a flying, anglular box. But I kind of like it. Nothing special, but it's good to have something built at least. Builder's block is still destroying most of my attempts at building. Yay.

Oh, and it really looks this blocky. Look. http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060106023533/starwars/images/c/c0/Tachyon_Airspeeder.JPG

More pictures here.

Your expertice in ship building is outstanding! The refernce vehicle looks like a snow speeder but this vehicle reminds me more of an UT-AT, great job.

This is a very interesting design. I too think it looks more like an armored unit than a speeder but it looks neat. I like the angled panels which are not causing too many gaps! If you want to make it look more like a speeder, I'd suggest to adjust the angle of the side panels (wings) to make it look more flat.

Really nicely build comparing to that reference picture. :thumbup:

But on that reference picture, I see a wing next to the canons :look:

Good work on the speeder with the reference model, but I just don't like the reference speeder.

You don't have to make something in cannon, you can also design your own ship! ;)