Jim

[TRIPLE] Technic Triple Build Contest Result

hey guys thank you all for voting me! :blush:

\m/ lipko and doc you rocked guys :)

it's been funny partecipating this contest! jim did a really nice job in organizing things...looking forward for the next one :D !!!

Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks for a wonderful contest. It was challenging, and allowed for a lot of diversity and creativity. I look forward to the next contest.

The best and the most original ideas wins! My congratulations to Lipko and Doc_Brown. PiterX - your cars looks less original than winners entries. But cars - is that you do best! Quad and water bike are very cool!

Thank you all for the contest and the votes, and thanks Jim for organizing this the way you did!

And many thanks for my girlfriend who didn't let me quit, though there were some moments when I wanted to.

I had big luck with the contest theme: the idea of building a wind-up caterpillar came sometime in the summer. I wanted to build a simple, small-middle mode utilizing a pull-back motor. Then the TRIPLE contest came, and one hour after the contest start, I knew what I have to build. There was a ton of time to build and make the entry polished.

Congratulations Doc!

And Piterx, I envy the crap out of you that you built such an amazing entry in two days that got on the podium. And I also envy your skills, you are the most promising newcomer builder. If you would take some more time polishing your models, God knows what you could achieve.

Thanks again!

Congrats to all the winners! :thumbup: Will the pinned [TRIPLE] topics be deleted?

Nothing ever gets deleted on EB :wink:

They will be Unpinned, but the topics will be accessible via the Technic Index!

Thanks for the nice compliments guys! It surely took some time, but having these great members with great entries is awesome! And at the end of the day, all it takes are some well placed compliments to keep motivated, so thanks again :thumbup:

The voting software is working pretty well, so that's covered. I will open an evaluation topic shortly in which we can discuss improvements for next contest. I am also drawing up an inventory on possible ways to gather prizes.

The best and the most original ideas wins! My congratulations to Lipko and Doc_Brown. PiterX - your cars looks less original than winners entries. But cars - is that you do best! Quad and water bike are very cool!

Exactly my thoughts! From the moment I saw the first Wind-up Insect, I knew this was a winner! Then the Lifestyle Machines came. Very original too, and well executed. Who things of stuff like this?! :laugh:

The Quad and Water Scooter aren't as original as the previous entries, but Piterx made them so darn good, it's ridiculous!

And let's not forget, like some others, Lipko and PiterX went the extra mile with their presentation! Presentation is key in a contest. Well done :thumbup:

Congratulation to the winners. The entries were amazing.

Jim, I think you did an amazing job with this contest, from the preperation to it (by getting the community involved in the design of the contest) to the quality of the result page. While I am not a technic builder, I have been lurking the technic forum more than any other forums lately, simply because it has been so active.

Jim, I think you did an amazing job with this contest, from the preperation to it (by getting the community involved in the design of the contest) to the quality of the result page. While I am not a technic builder, I have been lurking the technic forum more than any other forums lately, simply because it has been so active.

Nice to hear you appreciated this approach and even got interested in visiting the Technic forum :thumbup:

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to the community for all these entries.

Great thanks to Jim for hosting the contest, it must have been a lot of work.

You did pretty well, but like you said....there were some pretty awesome entries to beat.

By the way; are any of you interested in the list with valid voters or do you think it's just waste of space?

I think this transparent approach is a good idea to show on how many votes the decision is based on. It is still secret as no actual/individual votes are shown.

Congrats to the winners and all of the entrants.

Great models from all and a really good competition.

Hopefully the next comp is at a quieter time of the year so I have the time to contribute too!

Hopefully the next comp is at a quieter time of the year so I have the time to contribute too!

I'm aiming at end of February, March.

I'm aiming at end of February, March.

Great!!!!

I work in retail and for some reason December is busy, can't think why........

:-P lol

I work in retail and for some reason December is busy, can't think why........

Hmmm strange unexplained phenomena :tongue:

For next year I hope to organize 3 bi-monthly theme periods and 3 contests.

Congrats to the winners. I'm happy with 23rd, wasn't expecting much more really. Congrats to everyone else as well, there was some really great MOCs in this competition . :classic:

Thank you all for the contest and the votes, and thanks Jim for organizing this the way you did!

And many thanks for my girlfriend who didn't let me quit, though there were some moments when I wanted to.

I had big luck with the contest theme: the idea of building a wind-up caterpillar came sometime in the summer. I wanted to build a simple, small-middle mode utilizing a pull-back motor. Then the TRIPLE contest came, and one hour after the contest start, I knew what I have to build. There was a ton of time to build and make the entry polished.

Congratulations Doc!

And Piterx, I envy the crap out of you that you built such an amazing entry in two days that got on the podium. And I also envy your skills, you are the most promising newcomer builder. If you would take some more time polishing your models, God knows what you could achieve.

Thanks again!

:blush:

:excited: Congratulations to the top 3 and well done to all participants. Really enjoyed looking through all the entries but as I am a new member I could not take part in the vote.

Thanks for such contest. It was cool to see these wonderful MOCs because I liked every of them so I haven't voted at all.

Congrats, all the winners! It's great that u've won)

Like how such contests are made and created in EB.

Excellent contest. There was no way those insects wouldn't win, they're just too cool.

May I suggest not detailing every single result though? If I entered, I'd rather not have to see myself at the bottom and just assume I did ok. Maybe just the top 10 need detailing?

But perhaps I'm alone in this, it just seems a tad demotivating to rank all the way to the bottom.

May I suggest not detailing every single result though? If I entered, I'd rather not have to see myself at the bottom and just assume I did ok. Maybe just the top 10 need detailing?

I will take this into consideration and discuss it in the evaluation topic. Thanks.

(my girlfriend made the same remark btw)

Personally I think it's cool to be able to see where you've ended, even though this can be a bit harsh. On the other hand; it might discourage people to join a contest again.

I will take this into consideration and discuss it in the evaluation topic. Thanks.

(my girlfriend made the same remark btw)

Personally I think it's cool to be able to see where you've ended, even though this can be a bit harsh. On the other hand; it might discourage people to join the contest again.

What about using spoiler tags like this....

I feel for your girlfriend. :blush:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

What about using spoiler tags like this....

I feel for your girlfriend. :blush:

I've considered using those, but they are so ugly!! :sick:

It might be a good solution. Although people probably can't resist to click :tongue:

To be short; I will publish the results the way that the majority thinks is best.

I've considered using those, but they are so ugly!! :sick:

It might be a good solution. Although people probably can't resist to click :tongue:

To be short; I will publish the results the way that the majority thinks is best.

What the spoiler or the girlfriend? :snicker:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

What the spoiler or the girlfriend? :snicker:

:laugh:

Thanks for such a great contest Jim and a big congrats to the winners!!

As soon as the contest was official I got to work, I really didn't know what to build at the time :P