SavaTheAggie

TBRR in Rosenberg

Here's a video from Texas Brick Railroad's display this weekend at the Rosenberg Railroad museum. The lighting was not ideal, bug I hope its still fun to watch.

--Tony

Very nice! Coming from someone who has his own travelling 4x6 layout, it's somewhat envious seeing what others have built as groups! :blush:

Nice video! :thumbup:

I see some cows have escaped onto the tracks!

This is nice, I like to see all the details that people put into these displays. It makes me very jealous of the space some people have for these set ups even if they are for display at shows and so on. I often wonder though how much of it any one person owns them selves? Does one person own the display boards, another the passenger train, another the goods trains and so on or is it much more fluid than that?

And I do like to see a nice long slow moving goods train, they somehow look a lot more powerful than the passenger train rushing past, not sure why, they just seem to have more purpose about them.

Best parts I think are those trees really life like, Would like the plans for those.

Dis like the over sized locos on such a small layout. Although they are well designed and look good just scale looks off.

@Hrw-Amen May Layout that is almost done and a bit bigger than this I fully own, but our main club layout is owned i think by 5 people. So you are right some of these larger layouts are bit off a few people.

Edited by Lazarus

@UrbanErwin: There's no mountains in Texas. :P

@Tony: The layout looks great. It's really an inspiration for the amount of detail and operations one can fit into a small space. Makes it feel like a good looking layout is attainable by anyone, not just big clubs.

I'll have to disagree with Lazarus that the trains are too big, but the tight radius of Lego curves doesn't help out those long steamers.

Edited by greenmtvince

This is a wonderful layout :wub: as mentioned you have managed to fit so much detail into a relatively small layout which is great! I love the farm and the miniature train displays but my favourite feature is the pond, very well done!

Great team effort and happy building to all involved :laugh:

@UrbanErwin: My apologies, I was trying to make a joke that might be lost on non-Americans. Texans, quite often rightfully so, proclaim everything is bigger in Texas. States like Vermont where I'm from are more mountainous and we generally regard southern states like Texas as flat even though Mount Guadalupe in Texas almost twice as tall as Mount Mansfield in Vermont. I was just using your remark to poke fun at the stereotypes.

Thank you all. For only having three members able to attend, I think we did well.

And Texas has hundreds of mountains. :)

--Tony

@UrbanErwin: My apologies, I was trying to make a joke that might be lost on non-Americans. Texans, quite often rightfully so, proclaim everything is bigger in Texas. States like Vermont where I'm from are more mountainous and we generally regard southern states like Texas as flat even though Mount Guadalupe in Texas almost twice as tall as Mount Mansfield in Vermont. I was just using your remark to poke fun at the stereotypes.

Ah, okay, it does not matter, I could have looked it up.

(sarcasm is hard to read though :tongue: )