Sign in to follow this  
eurotrash

MOC: Tractor Supply Company and Miss Fiona's Dance Studio

My Lego Town is continuing its downward economic spiral. But there are signs of life. Here's my latest MOC for the downtown area. It's a Tractor Supply Depot that's rented out the second floor to a Dance Studio.

10911465766_284794072c_c.jpg

It's built on one and a half base plates.

There's an archway leading through to the Depot area at the rear of the building and an external staircase that leads to the second floor.

10911439285_a0a4544b98_c.jpg

On the roof there's the water tower that the owners have hidden behind a rickety Billboard.

10911750063_d0f2d851d0_c.jpg

Here's the inside of the Depot showing the landing bay, a whole bunch of packing crates, spares and a chain-saw.

10911556496_50209216ea_c.jpg

The second floor has Miss Fiona's Dance Studio. It has a diagonal wooden dance floor, a beat up Piano (played by a crusty Trawler man!)

10911853443_18fbfaf97d_c.jpg

On this floor there's also a tiled waiting area and a fully fitted Bathroom (behind the Green Door)

10911546365_e9f18571cb_c.jpg

Business is okay and Miss Fiona is content with life. But she doesn't realize what happens when she closes up shop for the night. The crusty Trawler man takes over the Studio and turns it into a nightclub! The piano is moved to one side, a light show bought in and the DJ spins top tunes until dawn.

10911536425_2181325653_c.jpg

Things are going well, but then suddenly the foam machine breaks down and bubbles erupt everywhere!

10911526175_e8052f5bd7_c.jpg

I think Miss Fiona will have something to say tomorrow!

Comments and criticisms welcome!

Not what I was expecting with a TSC at all......still it's good and the dance studio upstairs.......cool, what do those town folk smoke eh ? :laugh:

Excellent modular designing there 'eurotrash' and Brick On ! :grin:

Haha that's a fantastic narration along with this build! Made me smile. And the building itself is great! The facade looks like it should and I like the details around the back too. The billboard is a great touch and the interiors are done very well too :classic: I'm still chuckling at that last picture with the broken foam machine :grin:

Fantastic work and happy building :laugh:

Edit: I too am interested in the diagonal floor, fantastic feature btw!!

Edited by timmyc1983

The diagonal floor is a simple idea, but I've never seen such design. The zigzag end is hidden under the grey frame I guess.

Great building with nice description and superb details, like the diagonal floor and foam. The piano man seems to expect plenty of tipping. :laugh:

Brilliant work there Eurotrash. Lovely clean build with lots of details. Very inspiring. Foam party looks fun!!

Excellent building! How did you make the diagonal floor?

I too am interested in the diagonal floor, fantastic feature btw!!

The diagonal floor is a simple idea, but I've never seen such design. The zigzag end is hidden under the grey frame I guess.

Yes Yooha, It's a floating floor (not attached to the bricks below) of various 1x tiles over some random plates with a rectangular skirting board of 1x plates covered by 1x tiles around the perimeter. Here's a picture.

10933485044_bbb4542e72_c.jpg

If you get the geometry right it fits in perfectly, then just add the skirting boards and it's finished. I'd seen this technique in an older thread from a couple of years ago and always wanted to try it out (and I'm sorry I can't remember whose MOC it was in, but full credit to whoever they are). Then it occurred to me to make it a Dance floor and Miss Fiona's was born!

Thanks for the kind words!

This is fantastic, Eurotrash! Love all the details, but especially the billboard. Well done!

9198929916_b0540e73a9_o.png