Sign in to follow this  
oo7

Spanish Fort

Check it out. (Click um)

lego_castle_front_close-up.jpg_thumb.jpg

lego_castle_interior.jpg_thumb.jpg

lego_castle_side_close-up.jpg_thumb.jpg

lego_castle_wide_view.jpg_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure how historically accurate the drawbridge and grate are for this time period, but it certainly adds some great originally and it looks nice too! But what I like best is the large round turrets, a great detail I've never seen a Imperial fort before. *y*

There seems to be a lot of peasants among them also. Enjoy!

Nice moc, I like the turrets too, looks a bit like a citywall

Well of all the awesomeness, but why is this thread titled "Spanish Port"? I don't see any Imperial Armada mini-figures in this MOC, nor can I find any information in the Brickshelf folder specifying that it is Spanish.

It looks more like a blue coat soldier creation to me... We definitely couldn't add this to our upcoming Imperial Armada Index!

I'd like that astounding honor very much! :-D

So, what do think of the MOC, Mr. Phes?

I think I summed it up in my first post. Its awesome but its just not Spanish.

There's no trace of any Spanishness to be seen! If there was at least some attempt to incorporate some Spanish architecture into the design then perhaps the title would be justified. But as it stands, it seems its just been titled "Spanish Fort" for the sake of titling it that.

Do we know who created this fort?

Nice find! Not very historically accurate as indicated by oo7.

But it looks very good (especialy the front).

It looks more like a blue coat soldier creation to me... We definitely couldn't add this to our upcoming Imperial Armada Index!

Indeed, wouldn't be right.

The Imperial Armada Index can be expected in a few weeks.

Not very historically accurate as indicated by oo7.

Great find!

Why would it not be historically accurate? Lots of castles in Europe today survived through all timeperiods after they were built. So the castles we see today are not historically accurate for our own (present) time, maybe that also was the point in the 1600/1700 period.

It is known that over the years respective owners of castles changed their habitat to adapt the buildings to have it live up to their standards. In 1600/1700 people did that as well. After all: what is the use in demolishing a good strong fortification if it can last another hundred years?

Why would it not be historically accurate? Lots of castles in Europe today survived through all timeperiods after they were built. So the castles we see today are not historically accurate for our own (present) time, maybe that also was the point in the 1600/1700 period.

Indeed, you're right about the fortress Simon.

But the defenders are a bit of all times :-D

Some knights, ninja's, imperial soldiers using muskets, cannons, bows, catapults, ...

Indeed, you're right about the fortress Simon.

But the defenders are a bit of all times :-D

Some knight, ninja's, imperial soldiers using muskets, cannons, bows, catapults, ...

Hmmm.... good point, good point..... :-P

Some knight, ninja's, imperial soldiers using muskets, cannons, bows, catapults, ...

You all know about the Pirates vs Ninja phenomenon? Obviously the Ninjas are forming an alliance with the Imperial Guards to strengthen their forces and thus thwart the Pirates forever!

It looks like a castle to me.As for the different figs,theres nothing wrong with that.To me the early explorers looked a bit medievalish.

A "castle" you say Mr Zouave? I suppose you've got a good point there, but to me it looks like a decent fort - what Eldorado Fortress should have been.