Sign in to follow this  
Si-MOCs

XK-427 Firefly Ma.K raider

10527442356_3d068feb26_z.jpg

The XK-427 Firefly is a lesser known SF3D creation. It was designed by the SDR as a test bed for improved antigravity technology. Earlier generations of Strahl AG technology proved to be harmful to humans which is why only unmanned equipment like the Neuspotter or Krachenvogal has AG as a means of propulsion. The main fuselage was based upon a heavily modified KH503 fan lift aircraft.

Four spherical antigravity pods were located in protective housings which were placed on each corner of the craft for a total of 4 AG pods. No additional means of propulsion is indicated or shown. It had a crew of two and carried a single 128mm cannon as the main armament. On its maiden voyage, the Firefly crashed in Mercenary Army territory. The Mercenary scientists were able to duplicate the technology which was later used to power the Falke Anti-Gravity Raider.

Source: www.maschinenkrueger.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_cont...

--

M.aktober 2013!

Now I can wear my T-shirt :look:

And a few extra shots for fun:

10527428486_f5980bfc92.jpg

10527433445_844473080f_z.jpg

10527458326_da429d1c30_z.jpg

Gorgeous reference Ma.K build, really love the color selection here. Not to mention those awesome greebles on the top section!

Edited by toms_hart

Very nice shapes, and I love the colors combination :thumbup::classic:

Four spherical antigravity pods were located in protective housings which were placed on each corner of the craft for a total of 4 AG pods. No additional means of propulsion is indicated or shown.

So the AG spheres allow the Firefly to float, and the lack of any other mean of propulsion allows the Firefly to move at 495km/h... :grin::wink:

Nice. Particularly like the moving ground in the first pic. Was that photoshopped or done 'in camera' by moving the ground during exposure?

Also I have a question: What does a moc need to qualify as a 'Ma.K'. I thought it had to have one of those cylindrical 'dusty bin' type robots, with a dish top and corrugated tubes for arms???