Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Conwy Castle(built by my little brother)

This was built by my 11 year old brother. Conwy Castle is his largest build yet.

Kendrick and his companions marched their captives to the nearest castle:

overview.jpg

angled.jpg

top.jpg

The lord of the castle is entertained by the jester who is juggling some pies:

courtyard.jpg

tree.jpg

The great hall and kitchen

great-hall.jpg

The stables:

stable2.jpg

More pictures here: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=535252

He would appreciate any C&C :classic:

Your brother have 11 years old and was able to build this gorgeous castle?

That's awesome! Send my congratulations to your little brother :)

I'll highlight the construction at HistoryBricks

Wow...your brother is crazy talented! And he is only 11! I find that amazing. That castle is just fantastic, great shaping! I love the variation in heights level, it adds a lot to this creation! All the little details on the inside really add to this moc, and there are lots of great ones! I am really digging that tree in the pot, it looks great! Fantastic foliage and landscape work as well all around. His little stream is a lovely detail, and wraps this wonderful moc up! Well done!

That's an awesome build for one so young! I really like all the different levels, it's a very attractive looking building. :thumbup: Do you guys build together a lot?

The stable is larger than the great hall :sweet:

But again your brother did an incredible build for his age. :thumbup:

I didn't know that talent is genetically transmitted :wink:

Your brother have 11 years old and was able to build this gorgeous castle?

That's awesome! Send my congratulations to your little brother :)

I'll highlight the construction at HistoryBricks

Thanks! When I showed him his build on the HistoryBricks it made his day :thumbup:

Tops anything I've built! Some more white in the water could help give the appearance of a moving river. It looks a bit too peaceful.

Thanks, and good suggestion for the water :classic:

Your Brother is very talented Soccerkid :thumbup: I love the color scheme!

Thank you, he really like to use tan and dark tan in his builds :classic:

Wow...your brother is crazy talented! And he is only 11! I find that amazing. That castle is just fantastic, great shaping! I love the variation in heights level, it adds a lot to this creation! All the little details on the inside really add to this moc, and there are lots of great ones! I am really digging that tree in the pot, it looks great! Fantastic foliage and landscape work as well all around. His little stream is a lovely detail, and wraps this wonderful moc up! Well done!

Thanks Matthew! I'm looking forward to seeing what he builds in a couple years.

psssh more like "I made this and want it to seem better than it's well-made self already is"

nice moc though

This was built by my little brother. Here is a picture of one of my builds:

overview.JPG

(picture is also a link to the builds topic)

That's an awesome build for one so young! I really like all the different levels, it's a very attractive looking building. :thumbup: Do you guys build together a lot?

Thanks Gabe. We don't usually work together on the same build. But we often are building at the same time, just each on our own build, so we do give each other a lot of feedback on builds as they're being built. I've been teaching him a lot of the stuff I learned in GoH :classic:

The stable is larger than the great hall :sweet:

But again your brother did an incredible build for his age. :thumbup:

I didn't know that talent is genetically transmitted :wink:

Thank you, and as with most things starting young gives you a big advantage :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

That's a good castle but I was misled by the name- Conwy is a town in Wales close to where I live that has a medieval castle built by the English King Edward the First, I think. It's built from stone and still stands. It's quite a nice walled town, I would recommend a visit if you've never been.

Still- a good castle!!

Very good. I was nowhere near this talented at 11. Or now, for that matter.

My sense of "completeness" for a model is satisfied well before the level that you and your brother display in these builds is reached. I'm pretty happy as soon as there are walls and don't finish with all the superb detailing. That said, I really do appreciate the way your brother made a very playable looking castle. Hands can get in the areas and nothing looks fiddly or breakable. (We don't really talk about castles being swooshable, but I've seen plenty that look pretty but would fall apart if squeezed.)

Are you two collaborating on anything larger?

That's a good castle but I was misled by the name- Conwy is a town in Wales close to where I live that has a medieval castle built by the English King Edward the First, I think. It's built from stone and still stands. It's quite a nice walled town, I would recommend a visit if you've never been.

Still- a good castle!!

Thanks, and indeed the name was 'borrowed' from a real castle :innocent:

I particularly like the stables. Really well done..!

Thank you :classic:

Very good. I was nowhere near this talented at 11. Or now, for that matter.

My sense of "completeness" for a model is satisfied well before the level that you and your brother display in these builds is reached. I'm pretty happy as soon as there are walls and don't finish with all the superb detailing. That said, I really do appreciate the way your brother made a very playable looking castle. Hands can get in the areas and nothing looks fiddly or breakable. (We don't really talk about castles being swooshable, but I've seen plenty that look pretty but would fall apart if squeezed.)

Are you two collaborating on anything larger?

Thanks, and sturdiness/playability is one of the main things we try to incorporate into our builds. We aren't currently collaborating on anything, but we will definitely be doing some large collabs in the future (maybe even some in the near future) :classic:

Thanks, and indeed the name was 'borrowed' from a real castle :innocent:

It doesn't really matter, I just thought I'd tell you.

I made a severe understatement earlier, I called it a "good" castle :wacko:!!!

So here is the correct word I should have used- BRILLIANT!!! :wub:

Edited by Mutant Orc

Every time I see the work of your little brother, I'm impressed but this time he made a great work :thumbup: :thumbup: I can't wait to see when he will grow, he is so talented :wink:

[/size]

It doesn't really matter, I just thought I'd tell you.

I made a severe understatement earlier, I called it a "good" castle :wacko:!!!

So here is the correct word I should have used- BRILLIANT!!! :wub:

Thank you :classic:

This is a stunning creation! :wub:

Unbelievable talent from a child! :oh:

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing what he builds in a few years :moar:

Every time I see the work of your little brother, I'm impressed but this time he made a great work :thumbup: :thumbup: I can't wait to see when he will grow, he is so talented :wink:

Thanks Wedge!

Oh little brother of Mitgardian wunderkind, you are also a wunderkind. Nice details and kudos to him for already discovering that asymmetry is the way to go. excellent build. I'll recruit him to Nocturnus before you know it.

Wow! I like every detail of his build. Your brother puts anything I build to shame.

On another note first post wooo! :grin:

Thanks, and welcome to Eurobricks :classic:

Oh little brother of Mitgardian wunderkind, you are also a wunderkind. Nice details and kudos to him for already discovering that asymmetry is the way to go. excellent build. I'll recruit him to Nocturnus before you know it.

:laugh: Thanks for the kind words, Z. You may have a little trouble recruiting him to Nocturnus though, I kind of like the idea of him joining Mitgardia :innocent2:

Edited by soccerkid6

Whoah, that is a million times better than anything I was capable of at 11 years old! Hell, it's better than what I'm capable now!!! I particularly like the interior details but the whole MOC is awesome :wub:

Well done to your brother and happy building for you and him!! :laugh:

Whoah, that is a million times better than anything I was capable of at 11 years old! Hell, it's better than what I'm capable now!!! I particularly like the interior details but the whole MOC is awesome :wub:

Well done to your brother and happy building for you and him!! :laugh:

Thanks!

Wow, the fact that an 11 year old built this fills me both with praise for his work, and with humility. I can't imagine myself ever making something any better than this, much less in a time when many 11 year old boys are too busy playing Call of Duty to be creative. This should be a poster for what kids are capable of if they don't play violent games 5 hours a day! Excellent job!

Wow, the fact that an 11 year old built this fills me both with praise for his work, and with humility. I can't imagine myself ever making something any better than this, much less in a time when many 11 year old boys are too busy playing Call of Duty to be creative. This should be a poster for what kids are capable of if they don't play violent games 5 hours a day! Excellent job!

Thanks! And indeed kids have much potential that is often wasted on TV/Computer/video games.