I like the idea of purchasing motors direct from lego. not so called "new" that was actually used in a cat litter box or cigarette stuffing machine experiment. Haha.

HAHA! Awesome! I too like the idea of purchasing motors "new" from lego direct, however after the last XL motor that was sealed new in bag, was NOT lubricated inside the planetary gears, I was very disappointed.

I of course took it apart and greased it up myself (it was a good excuse to take it apart!) :P it has worked fine for months and is about 5% quieter and faster than the other XL's. :)

I do believe that the arrival of the co-creation model has held things up! That's 20,000 servos, and 40,000 L motors being used respectively. However surely they would have thought about that considering the competition was for 9398 chassis.

I have a dud servo motor. :-(

Just got off the phone with customer service, a replacement will be here in a couple of weeks :-)

They are in stock at the replacement parts warehouse.

The guy on the phone was great!!!!

@ legomuppet9: I don't like being LIED TO and MISLED, over and over, by some Lego Group officials that are too lazy to answer my basic question. I must have asked them 10 TIMES over the past few months. I don't want to buy some overpriced PF motors from Bricklink because (1) They may not be truly "New", and (2) It encourages the "parting out" of 9398 4x4 Crawler sets by resellers just trying to make a profit.

I'm going to contact TLG's Customer Service every day until I get an answer.

@ legomuppet9: I don't like being LIED TO and MISLED, over and over, by some Lego Group officials that are too lazy to answer my basic question. I must have asked them 10 TIMES over the past few months. I don't want to buy some overpriced PF motors from Bricklink because (1) They may not be truly "New", and (2) It encourages the "parting out" of 9398 4x4 Crawler sets by resellers just trying to make a profit.

I'm going to contact TLG's Customer Service every day until I get an answer.

I have to agree with DL here. This has been an ongoing issue w/LEGO. The current issue is NOT isolated. I refuse to pay BL prices for these motors. The S@H price will be HALF what re-sellers are are now charging.

Bottom line, they should honor what they say. As the saying goes here, "Don't make promises you can't keep."

I have to agree with DL here. This has been an ongoing issue w/LEGO. The current issue is NOT isolated. I refuse to pay BL prices for these motors. The S@H price will be HALF what re-sellers are are now charging.

Bottom line, they should honor what they say. As the saying goes here, "Don't make promises you can't keep."

When did they "promise"? out of interest...

It's an old saying. Don't take it to literally. They give us release dates and don't follow through.

When I telephoned today, Eileen ____ from Lego Customer Service in Enfield, Connecticut USA said that (in regards to the PF L-Motor and PF Servo Motor availabilty), "They are not available now and we don't have a release date". She did at least acknowledge that they were SUPPOSED TO BE released yesterday (July 9). When I pressed for a new date, she handed me off to her supervisor (Jessie ___ ). He "apologized" for the delay, but (when pressed) couldn't provide a release date either. I told him about the sad history of their blown deadlines, official website postings, etc. Only then, did he agree to get somebody there to post an answer on the Community.Lego.com Technic Message Board thread https://community.lego.com/t5/TECHNIC/When-Will-Power-Functions-L-Motor-Servo-Motor-and-v2-Receiver-Be/m-p/6561598#U6561598 sometime. He believes that the release date is "soon", perhaps within the next week.

When I telephoned today, Eileen ____ from Lego Customer Service in Enfield, Connecticut USA said that (in regards to the PF L-Motor and PF Servo Motor availabilty), "They are not available now and we don't have a release date". She did at least acknowledge that they were SUPPOSED TO BE released yesterday (July 9). When I pressed for a new date, she handed me off to her supervisor (Jessie ___ ). He "apologized" for the delay, but (when pressed) couldn't provide a release date either. I told him about the sad history of their blown deadlines, official website postings, etc. Only then, did he agree to get somebody there to post an answer on the Community.Lego.com Technic Message Board thread https://community.le...561598#U6561598 sometime. He believes that the release date is "soon", perhaps within the next week.

You realise they won't bother doing anything for you if you're rude?

I don't think he was being rude but simply applying pressure, just my opinion though. Thanks for an update dluders

I don't think, either, that calling out somebody on the repeated failure to meet announced deadlines etc. is being rude. – I also don't give too much about the "soon" ... with Lego, the term "soon" tends to be interpreted rather flexible.

I guess we'll have to wait until next week then, eh? :tongue:

Edited by Pierre_Cochereau

Funny to read the conversation. Yes, its not professional to postpone the release date. But starting to bug customer support does not help, those guys/girls can not change the release schedule. Even mentioned names of customer service employees is not fair. They can not change releases.... Maybe they will pass it to mgmt, but every day you got another employee. So if this will help??

And honestly, I dont recognize the real issue, unless people want to buy 5+ servo motors.... So, if you need them so desperate, buy on bricklink. Otherwise, patience will save your energy... Or better, use the energy to build with LEGO... :-)

Maybe to add some turmoil, my next MOC uses 3 servos . Just kidding.... Its just 1 ;-)

Edited by designer-han

Funny to read the conversation. Yes, its not professional to postpone the release date. But starting to bug customer support does not help, those guys/girls can not change the release schedule. Even mentioned names of customer service employees is not fair. They can not change releases.... Maybe they will pass it to mgmt, but every day you got another employee. So if this will help??

And honestly, I dont recognize the real issue, unless people want to buy 5+ servo motors.... So, if you need them so desperate, buy on bricklink. Otherwise, patience will save your energy... Or better, use the energy to build with LEGO... :-)

Maybe to add some turmoil, my next MOC uses 3 servos . Just kidding.... Its just 1 ;-)

This is what I meant. Its unfair on the staff, they can't do anything, you're just being pushy and arrogant and self minded dluders...

Thanks for explaining it where I failed han :grin:

What are you gonna build? :classic:

MOC is ready. Need time and good weather for photo video shoot. Its a truck with rolloader crane trailer to load/unload duplo bricks on pallets, whereof the servo is used for steering the rear axle of the trailer. Sorry for off topic. ;-)

This is what I meant. Its unfair on the staff, they can't do anything, you're just being pushy and arrogant and self minded dluders...

@ legomuppet9: What I see is a smug, arrogant, private company (making record profits) which thinks it can "do no wrong". If you're not doing anything to help resolve the matter, then butt out. I'm tired of dealing with these clowns.

@ legomuppet9: What I see is a smug, arrogant, private company (making record profits) which thinks it can "do no wrong". If you're not doing anything to help resolve the matter, then butt out. I'm tired of dealing with these clowns.

Then stop buying the product. I have to admit, I have followed this discussion for a while, and I am very confused how anyone could be upset. Yes, it is a bit disappointing that they are not yet available. But no-one has a "Right" to LEGO parts.

When the motors are released, lets not confuse causation with correlation. Just because someone bugged low-level customer service folks, and sometime later parts are released, that is not proof that the bugging "resolved" the matter. Unless TLG tells the back-story we will never know.

When they become available, I will buy a few. Until then, I will build something else. Simple enough.

Let's see you run a business of this size and try to make every deadline. It's difficult.

Just to make my previous post clear (And try and tone this thread down before it gets locked)

I think frustration and disappointment are too be expected. I would just like to see the AFOL community respond like the "United Breaks Guitars" guy, and not just rant and rave at the poor USA CS reps.

Either way, I don't think the people who answer phone calls at the customer service have anything to do with productions. They can't give you the motors any faster.

Just to make my previous post clear (And try and tone this thread down before it gets locked)

I think frustration and disappointment are too be expected. I would just like to see the AFOL community respond like the "United Breaks Guitars" guy, and not just rant and rave at the poor USA CS reps.

lol...that was the best customer service complaint ever!

That was a PR nightmare for United Airlines.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

You know, I feel sorry for you pushovers who accept poor customer service. I work at a U.S. Air Force Base Civil Engineer (CE) Squadron, in the same section as CE Customer Service. Our base is just like a small city of 7,000 people, and CE is the "public works department." When our customers contact us to find out WHEN something will get fixed, or when a some key material supplies will be delivered, we FIND OUT. We don't just say "Sorry, I don't know" over and over. We have INITIATIVE to find out and RESPOND to the customer!

Our squadron has won "Best in the Air Force" awards multiple times, for a reason. I can assure you, the U.S. Government is far larger (and has more bureaucracy than) The Lego Group. I fault Lego Customer Service for LACK OF INITIATIVE and a careless attitude. In my book, they fail.

Let's stay on topic please. Complaining about and to TLG's Customer Service will not get a sooner release date.

Complaining about and to TLG's Customer Service will not get a sooner release date.

Oh, really? I just telephoned Lego Customer Service at their USA headquarters, and Cheryl ____ there said that the 88003 Lego Power Functions L-Motor and 88004 PF Servo Motor "are going to be released online tomorrow [July 12]." I specifically asked her "In the USA?" and "Via Shop.Lego.com?" and she confirmed "Yes."

Or at least a brick flick. Could be a technic month contest. :classic: