XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

The leaked poster with Revan shows that star wars sets will be double points on the 30th. Hopefully this holds up because it would be kind of silly to make us wait a day just to enjoy the promotion.

Does the Technic C-3PO and R2-D2 Collector set (#65081) come with the boxes of the original two sets or are all of the parts just thrown inside the collector set box?

Does the Technic C-3PO and R2-D2 Collector set (#65081) come with the boxes of the original two sets or are all of the parts just thrown inside the collector set box?

I assume you saw that lot at marktplaats? :wink:

To answer your question, I think it does, but not sure. The dimensions of the big box is exactly big enough for the two boxes to fit inside it, sparing some space for the cardboard (see bricklink)

Question about 10221 Super Star Destroyer. I had no problem at the first build, but now that I am rebuilding it again the stand with the 5L Technic axle does not fit in the back. It does fit in the front. There is not much I could have done wrong in the build, since the hole where the axle goes into is covered by Technic beams. Is it supposed to stick out at the bottom?

Edited by merman

On 9/25/2016 at 5:43 AM, merman said:

Question about 10221 Super Star Destroyer. I had no problem at the first build, but now that I am rebuilding it again the stand with the 5L Technic axle does not fit in the back. It does fit in the front. There is not much I could have done wrong in the build, since the hole where the axle goes into is covered by Technic beams. Is it supposed to stick out at the bottom?

Mind taking a few photos? 

You guys are probably tired of answering this question, but what's the best place for a european to buy those cool and realistic custom blasters and pauldrons i saw on instagram?

23 minutes ago, Bolingbroke said:

You guys are probably tired of answering this question, but what's the best place for a european to buy those cool and realistic custom blasters and pauldrons i saw on instagram?

I think Clone army custom ships world wide 

I'm not entirely sure of which ones you mean but I know I've ordered from BrickForge in the US and had them shipped to the UK. I got a few custom SW items that way.

You can always order from Lapetitebrique but I find their prices quite high and their shipping is also high which makes it slightly quicker but ultimately more expensive than ordering direct from the US.

Firestar Toys have a range of custom weapons. I'd just search for BrickArms or BrickForge customs in mainland Europe and see how you get on.

BrickArms DL-44 and E-11 are superb as it's Brickforge's headhunter Quick Shot (Fett's Carbine) 

8 hours ago, Bolingbroke said:

I buy my realistic weapons at aliexpress.com from the same cheap knock-off brands that also make the fake Lego sets, but somehow this seems ok to me from an AFOL perspective...

These are way cheaper then what the western moulders ask :grin:

Edited by TWP

The pauldron situation is a funny one. Molded kama never looked right when compared to the cloth variant. However molded pauldrons for stormtroopers looks far better then the cloth ones TLG makes.  

Is there a thread somewhere to trade polybags?  I have some TC-4s and Red arm 3POs along with pretty much all the other Star Wars olybags from the last few years that I'd be up for trading for the General and A-wing pilot.

Is it just me or does Star Wars seem to keep moving towards a younger audience? We used to get these nice collectors models, and UCS stuff, and any older set is kind a collectors piece now. But now it's all about money so they make it more kiddish. For example the UCS hoth base is just a big play set, not a collectors piece. I wish newer Lego would change back to a more general audience. Do you think they will change this ever?

37 minutes ago, Jedi Master said:

Is it just me or does Star Wars seem to keep moving towards a younger audience? We used to get these nice collectors models, and UCS stuff, and any older set is kind a collectors piece now. But now it's all about money so they make it more kiddish. For example the UCS hoth base is just a big play set, not a collectors piece. I wish newer Lego would change back to a more general audience. Do you think they will change this ever?

I think both Lego and Star Wars will always try to appeal to kids. Lego because it's a toy brand, and Star Wars because they attempt to get each new generation into it.

12 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I think both Lego and Star Wars will always try to appeal to kids. Lego because it's a toy brand, and Star Wars because they attempt to get each new generation into it.

Good point... They seem to not consider all age groups like they once did. Oh well doesn't mean you can't still collect

12 minutes ago, Jedi Master said:

Good point... They seem to not consider all age groups like they once did. Oh well doesn't mean you can't still collect

I think they still do, it's just that they haven't been the focus lately. I'm sure we'll see a proper UCS set soon. :classic:

9 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

What do yáll think of the TIE Striker? Im thinking of getting it.

It's a really good model but an expensive one to be sure, I bought it nontheless, I used all of my VIP points for the whole wave and double VIP will be nice for the winter wave :)