XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I don't know if it has been ask previously, but it wonder why Lego keeps on changing the appearance of mini-figures in the Star Wars Line.

They bring out 2 ARF toopers with different visors. Then when they finally bring out some non standard clones, like the Horn Company Trooper and Bomb Squad Trooper, the manage to screw up the visor and make it smaller.

The same for the new Commander Gree, his torso is actually a little different on the sides of the printing...

This may seem like small change, but I'm a perfectionist and hate it when that happens!

So why when the have a good look for a figure do they keep on changing it?

Edited by Cyberbricker

I don't know if it has been ask previously, but it wonder why Lego keeps on changing the appearance of mini-figures in the Star Wars Line.

They bring out 2 ARF toopers with different visors. Then when they finally bring out some non standard clones, like the Horn Company Trooper and Bomb Squad Trooper, the manage to screw up the visor and make it smaller.

The same for the new Commander Gree, his torso is actually a little different on the sides of the printing...

This may seem like small change, but I'm a perfectionist and hate it when that happens!

One possible reason may be that TLC tries to market as many minifigs they can as "NEW", so minifig collectors will want to add that particular minifig to their collection. TLC hopes to sell more sets that way, and they probably do.

Noone knows; maybe you should send a letter to the CEO of Lego and ask him directly.

I share your concerns about the different visors of the ARF troopers. It's the reason why I didn't buy the new ARFs; the visor looks horrible (although there seem to be different variants of this visor).

As for the smaller visors of HC- and Bomb Squad Troopers, it's slightly annoying, but not as annoying the different visors of the two ARFs. The same is true for Gree: he's a commander, so I can live with slight changes.

What I find rather annoying (I won't get tired of adressing this issue) is the usage of different materials for helmets, making it impossible to predict if I'll get a "good" helmet or a "bad" helmet. The consequence is that I buy less figures.

Noone knows; maybe you should send a letter to the CEO of Lego and ask him directly.

I share your concerns about the different visors of the ARF troopers. It's the reason why I didn't buy the new ARFs; the visor looks horrible (although there seem to be different variants of this visor).

As for the smaller visors of HC- and Bomb Squad Troopers, it's slightly annoying, but not as annoying the different visors of the two ARFs. The same is true for Gree: he's a commander, so I can live with slight changes.

What I find rather annoying (I won't get tired of adressing this issue) is the usage of different materials for helmets, making it impossible to predict if I'll get a "good" helmet or a "bad" helmet. The consequence is that I buy less figures.

Contacting Lego is actually not a bad idea. :)

Personally, I bought two of the new ARF's. Both have a different visor, one is exactly the same as the first ARF, the other has a curved visor. I didn't even notice at first, because my first one didn't have this problem, also the reason I bought a second one.

What do you mean with different materials? I noticed that the new Lego piece don't look the same as my old Bricks. The old bricks didn't look so weak, the new one's are always full with scratches.

I got the T-6 Shuttle some time back and three of the mini figs cracked in more than one place eg. heads, torso, arms and legs so i was a able to get the Anakin Skywalker replaced as it was the fist mini-fig I noticed that cracked then a week or two later i found that Obi-Wan Kenobi and Shaak Ti cracked too. Anakin's head split and cracked, his torso split and cracked, arms were fine, the legs (don't get me started) well the bits that click in to the torso snapped off and hair piece was fine. Obi-Wan's head cracked and split, the arms crack on the wrist and elbow and the sides of the torso cracked and spilt, the hair piece and legs were fine . So far Shaak Ti crack up the side of the torso much like Obi-wan and Anakin so i am afraid that if i touch her she will crack more. So far Saesee Tiin is fine but i am still very carefull with him. I belive that all this was due to the quality of the plastic but it was not the the cheaper Chinese plastic (which we all hate). I tried to order replacement part for Obi-wan and Shaak Ti but i and they haven't come which is odd because i get email from LEGO say the part will arrive in about 10 business days just like when i order the parts for Anakin which was not problem.

I want to know if this has happened to anyone else? And if i should call LEGO to see if I can get the replacement parts and complain?

Oh and if anyone would like to see pictures of the cracks etc. just ask.

I got the T-6 Shuttle some time back and three of the mini figs cracked in more than one place eg. heads, torso, arms and legs so i was a able to get the Anakin Skywalker replaced as it was the fist mini-fig I noticed that cracked then a week or two later i found that Obi-Wan Kenobi and Shaak Ti cracked too. Anakin's head split and cracked, his torso split and cracked, arms were fine, the legs (don't get me started) well the bits that click in to the torso snapped off and hair piece was fine. Obi-Wan's head cracked and split, the arms crack on the wrist and elbow and the sides of the torso cracked and spilt, the hair piece and legs were fine . So far Shaak Ti crack up the side of the torso much like Obi-wan and Anakin so i am afraid that if i touch her she will crack more. So far Saesee Tiin is fine but i am still very carefull with him. I belive that all this was due to the quality of the plastic but it was not the the cheaper Chinese plastic (which we all hate). I tried to order replacement part for Obi-wan and Shaak Ti but i and they haven't come which is odd because i get email from LEGO say the part will arrive in about 10 business days just like when i order the parts for Anakin which was not problem.

I want to know if this has happened to anyone else? And if i should call LEGO to see if I can get the replacement parts and complain?

To caveat, I bought the new Jabba's Palace and came to find out that it was missing the small parts bag in bag number 7. Talk about a disappointment. Looks like they need to recheck they're packing process.

I haven't had a problem with my figures doing that, I think you just got the one odd set. LEGO is always great about sending replacement parts. If you could post pictures, I'm interested!

It happened to me once when I got the first Imperial Shuttle, the torso of the pilot was cracked. I did have something else though, I got the new Tie-Fighter and saw something strange on part no. 6178, 4 plates were shiny and 4 were not shiny

Edited by Cyberbricker

Hi all, with the new UCS B-Wing, did anyone receive discoloured treads that go around the cockpit? 10 of mine look like they have been left out in the sun for too long.

Here are some photos

img_0017.jpg

img_0018.jpg

Edited by Brickus

Hi all, with the new UCS B-Wing, did anyone receive discoloured treads that go around the cockpit? 10 of mine look like they have been left out in the sun for too long.

Others noticed this too. It was discuted here, but the posts got lost...

If I remember correctly, Mortesv's got correcly colored threads, but others got 10 of them in what looks like old light grey.

Since the beginning I knew I wanted to have every LSW minifig, that cause some problems.

You can never find an official minifig list, I use Minifigs.nl and Bricklink but the list is sometimes different.

For example: Minifigs.nl says that there are two versions of Owen lars, Bricklink says there is only one.

This happens with some minifigs, I can't really know when my collection is complete.

Is there anyone who has a perfect and official LSW minifig checklist?

It would help me and I think many people. Thank you.

Here is some photos

I actually noticed that on the model in the videos LEGO made, I'm not sure what's up with it, but it's not just your set. :sweet:

Since the beginning I knew I wanted to have every LSW minifig, that cause some problems.

You can never find an official minifig list, I use Minifigs.nl and Bricklink but the list is sometimes different.

For example: Minifigs.nl says that there are two versions of Owen lars, Bricklink says there is only one.

This happens with some minifigs, I can't really know when my collection is complete.

Is there anyone who has a perfect and official LSW minifig checklist?

It would help me and I think many people. Thank you.

Minifigs.nl is better in this regard than bricklink. For instance I was the one who got the original Aalya with lighter legs in a tank, then a few more where found, I presume the same with Owen. As far as I'm aware there are no figs on bricklink that aren't on minifigs.nl but not vise versa, go go with the bigger database.

Well, TRU in California at least is having a "sale" on SW and a few other themes. The "sale" is basically no TRU tax on SW. If you hate buying at TRU because of the tax, nows your chance! It's going for about a month.

Because of the liberal use of the words, I can never find definitions when using the "search forum" feature:

Anyway, what does MOC, WIP and LDD stand for/mean?

I know LDD has something to do with that lego software, MOC I always thought stood for "My own creation" but I was never sure. WIP I have no idea.

On a related note, I joined Eurobricks because I wanted to share a few mods I did by combining my 4504 and 7965 Millennium Falcons (taking the best aspects of both, of course). Would that kind of topic be welome here? Because I haven't seen anyone do it....

Thanks for the help and yay first post! :laugh:

Welcome to Eurobricks.

You are right.

LDD = Lego Digital Designer

MOC = My Own Creation

WIP=. Work-in-progress

I have seen topics like the one you describe here. Can't wait to see it

How bricklink-able is the UCS Y-Wing (10134)?

I think good, but I don't know what your budget is. I buyed mine in Legoland and it was approximatly 200euro's.

We are now 8 years further so the prize is of course higher, the Bricklink prizes for an opened but compleet set are good but if you want an sealed one it's way overprized!

I think he was referring to the plausibility of actually parting out 10134.

Ow, sorry for that. But I thing buying the set might be cheaper than buying every brick apart. I haven't count it together but the prizes of bricks can be high if you look to the special bricks of the set.

How bricklink-able is the UCS Y-Wing (10134)?

The parts list is available on Bricklink (link here). I debated it for a while but there are lots of parts required in small numbers, so you'll probably annoy a lot of sellers if you're starting from scratch! Also, these seemed very rare.....bordering on 'hens teeth' territory (link here).

I really wouldn't recommend it unless you're really brave.....have you thought about the Death Star II instead? :wink: :wink:

Do you guys think the TIE Fighter 9492 is to minifigure scale?

I can't really find any resources that say which sets are to minifig scale, other than the UCS Millennium Falcon and Imperial Shuttle.

What other sets are minifig scaled?

The parts list is available on Bricklink (link here). I debated it for a while but there are lots of parts required in small numbers, so you'll probably annoy a lot of sellers if you're starting from scratch! Also, these seemed very rare.....bordering on 'hens teeth' territory (link here).

Wow, thanks for the comprehensive response. I'll think I'll take a stab at it, if for now other reason that I hate the current Y-Wing design with a passion.

Do you guys think the TIE Fighter 9492 is to minifigure scale?

I don't think so.

7191 was minifig scale, i think.

7191 is far larger than minifig scale, see this image from Rufus's review for one. The set uses the regular R2, but that's out of scale, to the ship and to minifgs too.

9492, like most starfighters, is approximately minifig scale, though I think it's slightly too big.

Ow, sorry for that. But I thing buying the set might be cheaper than buying every brick apart. I haven't count it together but the prizes of bricks can be high if you look to the special bricks of the set.

I really wouldn't recommend it unless you're really brave.....have you thought about the Death Star II instead? :wink: :wink:

I agree with Empire911 and Lobot on this one. The mentioned parts are unique to this set in this color and really hard to find, so i think you would be better off buying a complete set. The MISB prices are rather steep, but you might get a good deal with one in used condition.