XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Hi. 

Anyone know whether the tie raptor is considered a imperial tie variant or not.(meaning should I build it for my tie variants.)

Let me know by commenting on my topic. 

14 minutes ago, Darth Hammy said:

Hi. 

Anyone know whether the tie raptor is considered a imperial tie variant or not.(meaning should I build it for my tie variants.)

Let me know by commenting on my topic. 

It wasn't a variant approved and officially used for the Imperial navy.

On 7/2/2017 at 7:41 AM, Darth Hammy said:

so do i include it or not? 

We can't decide for you; it's subjective. Do you include First Order TIE fighters? Do you include Fel Empire TIE fighters like the TIE predator? Do you include the Chiss Clawcraft? If you do, then it seems like you would want to be consistent.

On 04/07/2017 at 6:32 PM, Only Sinner said:

I would have to include it if it were my collection. It does look pretty good design wise anyway.

Included it is then! After all, it is a galactic empire star fighter 

Hello there, a beginner LEGO collector here.

I have a little question (forgive me if it is the wrong place to ask). Does anyone knows when can we expect the first wave of TLJ sets to come out? Any informations when official data should start to appear?

yes, there is no special purchase requirements. i paid about 1500 HUF each for them. approximately 5 USD.

Just now, Supreme_Youngling said:

Hello there, a beginner LEGO collector here.

I have a little question (forgive me if it is the wrong place to ask). Does anyone knows when can we expect the first wave of TLJ sets to come out? Any informations when official data should start to appear?

force friday [9.1.17]. and close to force friday.

20 hours ago, Darth Hammy said:

Included it is then! After all, it is a galactic empire star fighter 

Sienar Fleet Systems played no role in their development besides the original cockpit design. Furthermore, Imperials loyal to central command didn't use them. They were used by a rogue warlord faction.

5 hours ago, Tidy said:

yes, there is no special purchase requirements. i paid about 1500 HUF each for them. approximately 5 USD.

force friday [9.1.17]. and close to force friday.

Just a question, why do we provide an idiotic American date format which not make any sense when we answer someone who lives in Belgium which is known for using the non-idiotic format?

2 hours ago, ltzik said:

Just a question, why do we provide an idiotic American date format which not make any sense when we answer someone who lives in Belgium which is known for using the non-idiotic format?

Look, I'm no fan of the American systems (feet and inches :hmpf_bad:) but let's not insult others by calling them idiotic...

3 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Look, I'm no fan of the American systems (feet and inches :hmpf_bad:) but let's not insult others by calling them idiotic...

True that.

7 hours ago, ltzik said:

There is no reason to post something like this. It's insulting and can be considered trolling.

9 hours ago, Jim said:

True that.

There is no reason to post something like this. It's insulting and can be considered trolling.

i've been called worse by better ... ;-]

honestly didn't even cross my mind ... i use 3 different date formats at work ... and at least the person i was responding too understood it ... 

That's really not a big deal, as everyone isn't from the same corner of the globe here, it's normal we don't use the same date format :)

As the 9th January 2017 is already behind us, it seemed logical that it means the 1st September. 

On 7/1/2017 at 3:02 PM, KevinYoung said:

Thought the same thing that was fast to retire or soon to be retired.Need to purchase a few more.

I just snagged 26 packs of them, I was hoping to wait out until a bit later but seeing as they are going to be retired I had to act. Missed out of the Kashykk troopers as I just got into collecting just after that. I did not realize there was such a short life span for each set. 

^^^^ Amen   I hear ya going to bust a  move this week get another 15. Its an awesome battlepack one of the best I think !

I would like to ask you for some suggestions about my next purchases. I've been wondering what to pick first, the rest of Rogue One sets (The U-wing/ AT-ST) which I enjoy a bit more or maybe get some of the Force Awakens wave sets first (Kylo's Shuttle/Special Forces Tie-Fighter) as those ones are older and risk to retire sooner? Both are currently on sale and i would like to ask you, what order do you think would be the wiser to get those sets?

Kylo's shuttle, out of the box at least, isn't the greatest set. The color is wrong and the wings don't angle out as they should. You can find a fair number of mods online that correct these issues, but if you're not prepared to tinker and don't have the budget to replace half the pieces with black equivalents, you might just want to wait for the second generation of this set, whenever/iferver it is released. (Maybe by Episode 9, provided the shuttle survives Episode 8? Then again, this may be the only version we ever get.) 

But other than that, yes I always buy the oldest set (and/or the one on sale) if I have to choose. Of the four you mentioned, I'd expect Kylo's Shuttle to be retired first, but that's just a guess.

22 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Kylo's shuttle, out of the box at least, isn't the greatest set. The color is wrong and the wings don't angle out as they should. You can find a fair number of mods online that correct these issues, but if you're not prepared to tinker and don't have the budget to replace half the pieces with black equivalents, you might just want to wait for the second generation of this set, whenever/iferver it is released. (Maybe by Episode 9, provided the shuttle survives Episode 8? Then again, this may be the only version we ever get.) 

As you mentioned before, the shuttle doesn't seem the greatest but I found it for about 80 euros which seem like quite a good price. Moreover, i feels like it's the best way to get the Kylo Ren minifigurine with his black head and we won't get it again in the nearest future at least (even though buying the whole set for one fig doesn't have much sense and we will get Hux again anyway). I think I'll get the TIE figther for now and wait a bit longer for the rest.

I just started building the quadjumper set today, and when I opened it up I noticed that the stickers were not packaged with the manual, the cover of the manual was made of rough paper, and the bag numbers were in different styles (bag 1 had the white ribbon with a black number, bag 2 was covered in black twos outlined in white, bag 3 was covered in black threes outlined in blue, etc.). Is this a normal phenomenon?

1 hour ago, DarthHank said:

I just started building the quadjumper set today, and when I opened it up I noticed that the stickers were not packaged with the manual, the cover of the manual was made of rough paper, and the bag numbers were in different styles (bag 1 had the white ribbon with a black number, bag 2 was covered in black twos outlined in white, bag 3 was covered in black threes outlined in blue, etc.). Is this a normal phenomenon?

The bags are sometimes like that but never had rough paper manual covers or separate stickers(did have folded stickers,pretty mad:angry:)

Bag numbers are in mixed styles for now, that is normal at the moment. Stickers not packaged with the manual is common, unless you mean that the manual was in a plastic jacket and the stickers were loose. If that's the case, that's a bit strange. But if you just meant that the manual & sticker sheet were loose inside the box, well, that is the long-time default, especially for small & non-licenced sets.