XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Hi Lukasguy, and welcome to Eurobricks!

I tried to Bricklink a 10030 a couple of years ago, after I'd completed a 10179 & 10143, but had to admit defeat after collecting about 50% of the parts. I was trying to source everything new, and from within Europe which made it prohibitably expensive, but you may have better luck. Unfortunately, there's a lot of rare and large parts in the set and unless you can get them cheaply (or find clever alternatives) it may even be cheaper to search on Ebay for a used one.....

For future reference, there's a general SW Q & A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

Hi there,

I tried to search for a review about this set.

Any seniors/experts can advise if this is a worthy set to own ?

Thanks so much

Here's a written review off Brickset: http://brickset.com/article/12044/review-75055-imperial-star-destroyer

And here's a video review from Jangbricks

Personally it's a great set. A fun build, and the result looks the part, is very sturdy and nice to hold with the included handle. It's quite big, larger than I expected it to be. The minifigures are also a nice choice, and the emperor hologram is just an amazing little piece. Get it!

Thanks for the headsup !

I saw the review on YouTube but just wondering if anyone here owned it and could provide a better understanding this model :)

I have it. I like it. I don't have an earlier version of a Star Destroyer, though, so it's a no-brainer for me to have bought it.

It's an Imperial Star Destroyer. What's to understand?

Edited by rollermonkey

Same here: I don't have another star destroyer so I had to have it. I liked the build and the techniques used.

At standard pricing it is overpriced, however. Luckily they are being offered at decent discounts.

Edited by BrickieB

Hi kisper

For future reference there's a general SW Q& A thread pinned at the top of the forum. I'll merge this thread with it in a bit :classic:

Thanks for the headsup !

I saw the review on YouTube but just wondering if anyone here owned it and could provide a better understanding this model :)

Hi. I too bought this set because it is, as others have said, an ISD and therefore one of the finest ships ever to grace any galaxy. I looked at reviews of the new and old versions and decided that although the new one is smaller, it is better built and comes with better minifigs. So I kept a look out for one that was about 2/3 - 3/4 of the retail price and found one in a damaged box which still had all the bags sealed. Now I have to find somewhere to put it.

As with all big SW ships, you obviously have to ignore the scale incompatibility with other vessels.

I think that if there is an issue with the set it is the same one which affects all large SW ship sets apart from the Falcon, which is that the interior is always a bit of a mix. I think Lego have done their best to recreate something of the feel of the interior but there's no way round the fact that most of the action that we see inside a SD is on the bridge, and that can't happen in a Lego set. So instead it happens in a version of the bridge which has been made in the body of the ship itself. Does that work? Not really. Is it a good try? Yes. Does the ship look great? Oh yes. I am very pleased with it, for the price I paid.

Do different "planet" pieces connect without problems? I was thinking about using two bottom halves of the Death Star to make the head of a Tri Droid - is it even possible?

Do different "planet" pieces connect without problems? I was thinking about using two bottom halves of the Death Star to make the head of a Tri Droid - is it even possible?

It's very possible. They snap together perfectly fine, so you can mix and match to your hearts content.

Thanks Brickadiergerard.

I am waiting for a reply like this :)

I'll go get it tomorrow :)

You won't be dissapointed. The 2014 model is a fantastic set. I received mine for Christmas and I admire it every day :)

Hello there,

I have got some questions regarding Agent Kallus and his weapon:

1) is there a fitting hair piece (sand yellow it is, I think) that would fit, or do I have to buy the upcoming cruiser?

2) I switched his arms and legs for dark stone grey pieces, because I feel his screen uniform is closer to that than to black. Are there better possibilities to make his uniform more screen accurate? Or do you feel black is ok?

3) Is there any good way to make a Bo-rifle? I tried something like the electro-staff (in the Grievous Wheel Bike) but I was not really convinced.

I appreciate any advice on the Kallus matter.

Edited by Flieger

1) is there a fitting hair piece (sand yellow it is, I think) that would fit, or do I have to buy the upcoming cruiser?

Try Draco Malfoy's hair piece from the more recent sets - it might work. Other than that? I suppose you could try the generic hair piece, like Luke used to have.

Thanks for the answer. The Draco Malfoy hairpiece is too bright though. Unless I am missing something it is not yet available in sand yellow. Luke's hair would have the right colour, I'll see how that looks on Kallus' head. Thanks again!

With the new set information and prices being released I wonder if we will be getting a new Star Destroyer type ship. I do realize the priciest of those would probably be the Millennium Falcon because the piece count seems right but perhaps in the future we will be seeing a new version of a Star Destroyer?

3) Is there any good way to make a Bo-rifle? I tried something like the electro-staff (in the Grievous Wheel Bike) but I was not really convinced.

Here's my custom Bo-Rifle:

16416979778_fb188ac9d7.jpg

I want to build up my rebel/new republic army. Any tips for sets to get? I currently have an X-Wing, Y-Wing, and about 12 endor rebels and stormtroopers. Maybe an A-Wing?

Also Is the Jedi Defender-class cruiser (old republic) worth getting?

Edited by Kelso

I want to build up my rebel/new republic army. Any tips for sets to get? I currently have an X-Wing, Y-Wing, and about 12 endor rebels and stormtroopers. Maybe an A-Wing?

Also Is the Jedi Defender-class cruiser (old republic) worth getting?

A-Wing is a must have for a rebel fleet. This one comes with admiral Ackbar and a very nice pilot (+Han Solo)

The ship is just the right size and the price is right.

Rebel scouts are fairly cheap to acquire en masse from some BL stores

Edited by atlas