XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I you really want it, order it in separate pieces from bricklink. I did it with the 10195 Dropship and saved allot of money.

Of course check out the expensive parts first, and check if all bricks are available.

That's a good idea... that would save me a lot of money, probably $600 or so.

Any ideas on who will be designing the new vehicles ( I do hope.we ger some land vehicles ) and space ships? Since the new movie will focus on luke re-establishing the jedi order, I guess there is hope of seeing the jedi temple in the future.

With the release of 75000 and the remade EP I clones, I wondered what to do with my TCW clones, that is whether I should sell them or not. Pros of the new clones: non-TCW heads, new decent torso (much better than the TCW torso), nice commanders. Pro of the TCW-clones: cutest visor printing ever, more diversity (ARFS), individual commanders.

My question is: what do you do with your TCW clones? Will you keep them or sell them, keep them seperate from your new clones or combine them? To you, is that an issue at all or do you think, "guy...it's just Lego you're talking about here!"

Edited by Brickadeer

Apart from the obvious UCS sets, are there any retired SW sets that are especially sought after? I know The Battle of Endor is pretty popular, but are there other sets that you wouldn't hesitate about picking up if you had the chance?

I would want another arc 170 (original) that fighter was absolutely golden.

With the release of 75000 and the remade EP I clones, I wondered what to do with my TCW clones, that is whether I should sell them or not. Pros of the new clones: non-TCW heads, new decent torso (much better than the TCW torso), nice commanders. Pro of the TCW-clones: cutest visor printing ever, more diversity (ARFS), individual commanders.

My question is: what do you do with your TCW clones? Will you keep them or sell them, keep them seperate from your new clones or combine them? To you, is that an issue at all or do you think, "guy...it's just Lego you're talking about here!"

It depends on what you want. If you don't like the CW designs, get rid of them and get the new ones. I for one like the CW designs and will keep them and combine them with the new ones. In fact, I prefer the TCW commanders over the Ep.II ones. As for the ARFs, you could probably just keep their helmets and put them on the new clones.

I'd definitely get rid of the bomb squad troopers, though, if you have any. Those are completely useless except for making custom clones maybe.

Oh, and it's never "just Lego". :wink:

Ok, so I finally cracked and bought me the new UCS X-Wing.

This is my first foray into legos, and building the X Wing was a blast. Now I want more.

But I don't know what to get??? I love all Star Wars stuff........so what are some good sets to get next?

What I like is mini figs, nice detailed models(why I really liked the UCS X-Wing), and cool scenes.

Welcome to EB!

Well, you could get the new Ewok Village which has some nice figs and makes for a cool scene. Then you should get the Death Star which has tons of great figs and classic scenes. After that, you could try to hunt down some older UCS sets, depending on which ones interest you the most. The Battle of Endor is also a fairly detailed set with good figs which would make a nice addition to the Ewok Village. Hope this helps.

I'm eyeing the Death Star, but I don't know if I wanna get it yet, it's quite a bit of money. I've read rumors that it will be discontinued soon?

I'm kinda sad the b wing is discontinued :(

I'd love to have a ucs model of that.

You can still get the B-Wing at around MSRP at places like Amazon. And yes, I think the DS is expected to be discontinued soon since it is quite an old set. It is indeed a lot of money, but well worth it I think. It might still drop in price before it is discontinued though, so I'd say go ahead and get the B-Wing first.

Trying to predict when the DS is going to be discontinued is sort of like...trying to predict when Apple is going to update their products, though. Everyone loves to try to predict it, everyone mentions their theory at certain times of the year, everyone knows it's going to happen eventually, but no one really knows for sure and the DS is still there. :laugh:

Trying to predict when the DS is going to be discontinued is sort of like...trying to predict when Apple is going to update their products, though. Everyone loves to try to predict it, everyone mentions their theory at certain times of the year, everyone knows it's going to happen eventually, but no one really knows for sure and the DS is still there. :laugh:

The death star will be discontinued at some point in time but as for the near future I dont see it happening as it still continues to be a big seller.

I'm eyeing the Death Star, but I don't know if I wanna get it yet, it's quite a bit of money. I've read rumors that it will be discontinued soon?

I'm kinda sad the b wing is discontinued :(

I'd love to have a ucs model of that.

Not sure where you are, but S@H UK still has the UCS B-wing in stock, as I just ordered one, so I would assume it's still available elsewhere as well...

Thanks guys, I agree with your sentiment. Wish Lego itself had the B-Wing so I can get some nice VIP points :P

I'll go with the B-Wing now, then get the Death Star for Christmas, and if it gets discontinued before then, well I guess I'll just buy it.

edit: Why the negative reviews for the B-Wing? I tried looking up some info about it before buying it, and the review from FBTB gave it a thumbs down.

One more question. Does the Death Star have an info card? I saw the Death Star II has it, and I'm a sucker for the info cards :P

Edited by lettuceman44

When it comes to negative reviews you'll see them for various sets. I remember seeing quite a few for the Home One set, but I really like it; enjoyable build, cool minifigures, and good playability. Plus its a cool looking set, so I don't know why so many people gave it a negative review.

Same with the B-Wing. I love the ship from the movies, so getting the UCS set at 50% off was a no-brainer. I'm very happy with the set and while there are a couple of things I think could be better (cockpit design) overall it's a great set.

So take the reviews with a grain of salt. :thumbup:

When it comes to negative reviews you'll see them for various sets. I remember seeing quite a few for the Home One set, but I really like it; enjoyable build, cool minifigures, and good playability. Plus its a cool looking set, so I don't know why so many people gave it a negative review.

Same with the B-Wing. I love the ship from the movies, so getting the UCS set at 50% off was a no-brainer. I'm very happy with the set and while there are a couple of things I think could be better (cockpit design) overall it's a great set.

So take the reviews with a grain of salt. :thumbup:

Yea I ended up getting the B wing, $156 from Walmart, so not bad.

Gah, that's disappointing about the Death Star, the earlier one had it :(

Make my own sticker I guess? Not sure how though.

Why the negative reviews for the B-Wing? I tried looking up some info about it before buying it, and the review from FBTB gave it a thumbs down.

Because the guys at FBTB have been a bunch of Negative Nancys lately. :tongue: Like Chills said, whether or not you will like this set depends on your own expectations. If small design flaws don't bother you too much, you will probably like it just fine.

Gah, that's disappointing about the Death Star, the earlier one had it :(

Make my own sticker I guess? Not sure how though.

That's because this Death Star is not a UCS set, just a D2C set. If you want a sticker though, you could request one in the Decal Wishlist thread. :wink:

Given that there was a prototype of a rebel yavin base from the end of episode iv is it possible that we can get one in the very near future given lego`s recent drive to create sets that are not just space ships e.e. the ewok village.

Given that there was a prototype of a rebel yavin base from the end of episode iv is it possible that we can get one in the very near future given lego`s recent drive to create sets that are not just space ships e.e. the ewok village.

that sounds great,I'd like it if they made one of those turrets on the poles, what were they called?

Because the guys at FBTB have been a bunch of Negative Nancys lately. :tongue: Like Chills said, whether or not you will like this set depends on your own expectations. If small design flaws don't bother you too much, you will probably like it just fine.

That's because this Death Star is not a UCS set, just a D2C set. If you want a sticker though, you could request one in the Decal Wishlist thread. :wink:

Thanks for the help! I'll check that thread out

I was under the impression the Deathstar was a UCS set(brickpedia lists it as so)

I was under the impression the Deathstar was a UCS set(brickpedia lists it as so)

There's no clear criteria for a UCS set, but in the case of 10188, the set lacks the attention to accuracy and detail (It's missing the entire outer hull) and the display card with the stats. It's just an exclusive, as the five-digit 10nnn number indicates.

There's no clear criteria for a UCS set, but in the case of 10188, the set lacks the attention to accuracy and detail (It's missing the entire outer hull) and the display card with the stats. It's just an exclusive, as the five-digit 10nnn number indicates.

I gotcha. I'm new to all this so I'm still learning.

I will keep most of my TCW Clones, I changed the torso of my ARF troopers with the new torso, its mush better. :wink:

I will not combine the new Clones with my TCW clones for display, I will just use the new clones for that. I like how you can make endless ARC troopers with the new commanders, though they may not come in gray or dark green, they still look better I think. It would however be awesome to get TCW commanders in an EPII style, as a Exclusive or something. :wub::cry_happy:

I can dream.... :tongue:

I just "hate" how the faces of TCW minifig, the don't look like lego anymore...

I just "hate" how the faces of TCW minifig, the don't look like lego anymore...

the episode II clone faces are also not all that great, because the clones have a not-neutral face expression.

neither of the faces are great, but that's often the case with army building: they have all the same, specific expression.

I didn't like how TCW clone faces all looked to one side, it looked quite odd actually.