Jim

[TRIPLE] Technic Triple Build Contest Information

It is Corn Harvesting season here in the US Midwest (Chicago area). While driving to work this morning, I saw three vehicles working together: a Combine, a Tractor, and a Grain Trailer. That would be a neat triple entry ... but only if you make it in RED (please no Green!)

Any takers ... or other ideas?

I don't really see the point to this post....people should build what they want (that's if it meets the rules) and submit it to the contest themselves.

A contest is not really what you want to see,but rather what the builder wants to build.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Not Green ? why?

That's a no-no color where I work ... we make a 'better' version, and we paint them red ...

I don't really see the point to this thread....people should build what they want (that's if it meets the rules) and submit it to the contest themselves.

A contest is not really what you want to see,but rather what the builder wants to build.

Seems there are multiple opinions here again. Sorry if I may have 'blown-off' your idea ... the intent is to generate some discussion ... but we'll let the mods (Jim/Ted/Tim/Jed) decide.

Edited by DrJB

... This totally isn't what i'm building ...

Dang it ! now I look like a copycat.

Edit: guess I'll have to post a WIP thread

Edited by skppo

I have a question,since I am running out of time to build any thing.Can I enter the box below?

There is defiantly three models in there somewhere.

I can remove some parts if it is over the piece count if it is allowed.

You can enter but your chances of winning are not very high.

That's a no-no color where I work ... we make a 'better' version, and we paint them red ...

Seems there are multiple opinions here again. Sorry if I may have 'blown-off' your idea ... the intent is to generate some discussion ... but we'll let the mods (Jim/Ted/Tim/Jed) decide.

I will move this topic to the general contest topic. No need for an extra discussion topic....DrMassey :wink:

I have a question,since I am running out of time to build any thing.Can I enter the box below?

There is defiantly three models in there somewhere.

I can remove some parts if it is over the piece count if it is allowed.

P1000381_zpsf88ac482.jpg

I'll build 3 entries for you .... only if I can keep the parts :wink: .... do I see a Power Puller in there?

I will move this topic to the general contest topic. No need for an extra discussion topic....DrMassey :wink:

Thanks for the free 'move' ... but it ain't Massey, nor is it Ferguson ...

I have a question about interaction

How interactive the connection between MOCs must be to count as interaction?

For example 3 unique super heroes are showing off their technic abilities. Does this count as interaction?

Or touching between the MOCs must be involved? Like one of them lifting another?

Edited by Omikron

Interaction is not mandatory. They may just have a relationship to each other.

But remember that you are not allowed to build three models of the same type. There needs to be a difference in model type.

You can use less than 500 per model, but the max is roughly 500 parts per model. In simple words....No you can't :sweet:

Jim, this contest is way harder than i thought.

I'm thinking way to big.

Anyone got tips to get this thing going? I already have an idea, but creating 500 parts models isn't easy. And you need 3 of 'em...

Simply start building a model, then scale it down/remove excess parts to get it to around 500?

Edited by jantjeuh

I haven't started yet because I only have but so much technic. I have been trying to finish a MOC before I started, but had had take sections off because it was too wide. I have my progress in LDD so I guess I'll finish it on LDD and start on the contest.

Jim, this contest is way harder than i thought.

I'm thinking way to big.

Anyone got tips to get this thing going? I already have an idea, but creating 500 parts models isn't easy. And you need 3 of 'em...

Can't help you with getting inspiration.

I can show you an image of the Mini backhoe:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=42004-1

42004-1.jpg

This set has 246 parts. Can be as simple as this. On the other hand....why build vehicles? I would love to see some other entries as well :thumbup:

Next time we'll do an easy contest :wink:

No, no. A contest is not a contest if it doesn't push your limits.

It's just that i'm not that experienced in building medium scale and need to learn.

Already have inspiration..

No, no. A contest is not a contest if it doesn't push your limits.

I wasn't serious. Next contest will even be harder :devil::laugh:

Good luck!

Next contest will be to build a fully functional RC excavator using only duplo bricks :devil:

And no electronics allowed :laugh:

Hence the only Duplo bricks allowed ;-)

:tongue::thumbup: