Sign in to follow this  
Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #83: Four's Company

"It's all...so colourful and busy..." muses Avalanche, "Back in the mountains, there was just snow- and rocks- and yetis..." He trails off, lost in thought. Shaking his head, he returns to the present, "Yeah, I'm glad we've actually got somewhere on this quest. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to find anything at all."

Which mountains do you come from, Whitey? I used to live in the High Kingdoms and I know of a good deal of ranges back there. I like Eubric better, to be honest. A lot more freedom. Wind and lightning magicks are strong here, you can practically feel the entropy in the air. I like wind and lightning, although chaos is best when at least slightly organized. That's part of the reason I support the Hinckwells, actually. Change is necessary to prevent stagnation, but chaos progresses towards order, and the Hinckwells were here first. One of the Original Veterans - Lady Luck - was a member of their family, Heinrich's great grandmother I believe. They also funded Heroica. As Eubric becomes more orderly, I want it to be under them, not the Wolfgang or the Shadeaux. They've done more than enough to earn the respect of the city.

As the party walks to the headquarters, Heckz gets near Arasmyth and whispers to him "Got any spare hats or something I could use to cover my head?"

Avalanche replies, "I used to live in the mountains just south of the Dastan Empire. They're very secluded and I knew almost nothing about the outside world." His sharp ears catch Heckz's comment, "Seriously. Stop fretting. You're a mage, so if you're so worried that I might have lice, you can just cast some lice-removing spell to satisfy yourself." He growls. Will he ever stop? I don't even know what lice are, but I definitely don't have them.

Avalanche replies, "I used to live in the mountains just south of the Dastan Empire. They're very secluded and I knew almost nothing about the outside world." His sharp ears catch Heckz's comment, "Seriously. Stop fretting. You're a mage, so if you're so worried that I might have lice, you can just cast some lice-removing spell to satisfy yourself." He growls. Will he ever stop? I don't even know what lice are, but I definitely don't have them.

"Who said anything about lice, I'm just cold..." Oh dear he's getting closer to my hair...

Avalanche was getting angry now. "We can't work together if there's infighting between us! If you cast a spell to instantly kill all lice that might be on me, we can solve this problem. I agree that the stereotypical yeti does have lice, but the stereotypical yeti doesn't come to Eubric Freeport and make a living for himself! If you won't see sense then I'll ask someone else to do the spell."

"I don't have such spell, but I do have this..." Heckz gets his bag and takes out a sharp hairbrush from it.

"That will do." Avalanche grabs the hairbrush from Heckz and runs it through his fur, brushing his whole body down. Quite a bit of fluff is caught on the brush once he has finished, but not a single louse is to be seen. He brushes the fluff off and tosses the brush back. "Happy now?"

As the party moves through the bustling streets, often eyeing the various goods, they find themselves in a dirty, unkept, uninviting alley. Looking about, neither Paolo or Falner can be seen. The group must have gotten lost in one of the crowds! The sounds of water dripping to the cold ground, as well as a cool breeze accompany the party as they stand in the dark, dank alley. The buildings look derelict and ready to come down on the party. Wandering about, they can hear a conversation going on a few feet ahead. Looking about, the party soon finds the source.

10231104054_082bf8efc7_o.jpg

"So, you got the goods?"

"Of course, amigo! Kong, show him the stuff."

"Come on, let's hurry this up! We don't have all day, Alex-"

"My name isn't Alex! How many times do I have to tell you that, Paige!"

What will the party do?

"That will do." Avalanche grabs the hairbrush from Heckz and runs it through his fur, brushing his whole body down. Quite a bit of fluff is caught on the brush once he has finished, but not a single louse is to be seen. He brushes the fluff off and tosses the brush back. "Happy now?"

"Actually I was gonna do the search but yes, all is good." Heckz gives a smile to the yeti.

"Good." replies Avalanche. He then hears the conversation. "What shall we do? I think we should join in and find out what they're talking about."

"Good." replies Avalanche. He then hears the conversation. "What shall we do? I think we should join in and find out what they're talking about."

"I don't know about you, but I think that I could use that whip the lady has..." Heckz walks up next to the woman "Say, gorgeous, what are you guys talking about here?"

Purpearl looks at Avalanche and Heckz, and chuckles.

"Hmm... Maybe we can ask them about Way's End Cemetery, they seem like the kind of people that would hang out there."

We'll get you that whip, Heckz. Let's go and chat 'em up, if you know what I mean. Arasmyth sidles up alongside the thugs as Heckz begins banter with the girl. Nice shades, but that hair is simply dreadful. Ha. Mind telling me what's up with the weapons? You wouldn't happen to be doing anything... Illicit, would you?

Avalanche pads up to the hooded figure. "Greetings. I am Avalanche. Who might you be?"

As the party walks towards the group, curious as to who they were. There was a probably a saying about approaching obvious crooks and what happens when you do, but the party obviously hadn't heard any. The roguish group turns as the party speaks, drawing their weapons, a few of them sporting curdled smiles, others eyeing the party over beneath their shades. Things weren't looking good for the party.

10231102914_bb88b0c50f_o.jpg

"I don't know about you, but I think that I could use that whip the lady has..." Heckz walks up next to the woman "Say, gorgeous, what are you guys talking about here?"

10231070405_0eba888edc_o.jpg

"Ha! Me, gorgeous! Don't flatter me, mage. You've got a lot to learn about picking women, young man. However, I'm free for later young man... if you are."

She manages to make lowering her glasses seductive, as she walks towards Heckz, placing a hand around his leg.

"What do you say kid? You wanna slip away and do something? So long as you got the coin..."

We'll get you that whip, Heckz. Let's go and chat 'em up, if you know what I mean. Arasmyth sidles up alongside the thugs as Heckz begins banter with the girl. Nice shades, but that hair is simply dreadful. Ha. Mind telling me what's up with the weapons? You wouldn't happen to be doing anything... Illicit, would you?

10230979614_1eebd7e9b2_o.jpg

"Illicit? When would we not be doing illicit stuff! We're drug dealers, compadre!"

10231071455_4f5b043203_o.jpg

"Ci! Perhaps you're interested, senor?"

Avalanche pads up to the hooded figure. "Greetings. I am Avalanche. Who might you be?"

The hooded figure points a dagger to the chest of yeti barbarian, managing to intimidate him, despite the size difference.

10231069845_52ae00e9fe_o.jpg

"Who am I? You haven't been around here long, have you, yeti? I am the greatest pickpocket this city's ever seen, Donny Dozenhands, and this has now turned into a mugging! Money, valuables, weapons, drop them! Now!"

The woman, most likely Paige, looks over at the hooded man. Losing her attention to Heckz for a brief second she shakes her head as "Donny" begins his spiel.

"I might be scared if I didn't know that Donny Dozenhands was killed a few months ago," replies Avalanche angrily. He knocks the dagger out of the man's hand with a single blow and unsheathes Earthshaker from its linen wrappings. "No way am I just handing over all my possessions to the likes of you!"

Arasmyth draws his bow and knocks an arrow, stepping back. Awesome. That means I won't feel bad about killing you and taking your stuff. Let's rock, boys (and Purpearl).

Heckz doesn't pay attention to the woman since he is looking at his reflection in her shades. After realizing what the woman wants, Heckz pushes the woman away "I've never payed someone to be with me and I won't do it now."

Heckz turns to the fake Donny with a grin "Either you're a fake or a ghost, and busting ghosts is my speciality..." Wait, wasn't the greatest pickpocket Kar-- nevermind. Heckz casts a darkness spell at Fake Donny.

OOC: Are we supposed to be fighting them instantly or do we need to wait for Kintobor to announce the start of a battle.

Avalanche steps forward and places his foot on the dagger so fake Donny cannot pick it up. He swings Earthshaker over his head, trying to intimidate the thugs.

OOC: Are we supposed to be fighting them instantly or do we need to wait for Kintobor to announce the start of a battle.

Avalanche steps forward and places his foot on the dagger so fake Donny cannot pick it up. He swings Earthshaker over his head, trying to intimidate the thugs.

I'm waiting to see what Purpearl has to say. The battle begins when I say so. :wink:

Donny pushes Avalanche back and swipes his dagger from the ground.

"That's a dirty move there, mate! I think I'm going to skin you after this and place you over Ulric's mantle, you filthy yeti scum!"

Heckz doesn't pay attention to the woman since he is looking at his reflection in her shades. After realizing what the woman wants, Heckz pushes the woman away "I've never payed someone to be with me and I won't do it now."

Heckz turns to the fake Donny with a grin "Either you're a fake or a ghost, and busting ghosts is my speciality..." Wait, wasn't the greatest pickpocket Kar-- nevermind. Heckz casts a darkness spell at Fake Donny.

"You sure about that sweet cheeks? Suit yourself. I'm getting your money one way or another, so whichever you prefer works for me."

"Oh no, I'm shaking in my boots..." Donny remarks sarcastically. He brushes Heckz title off, and chuckles.

OOC: So sorry that I am late! :blush:

"Hey handsome! Wow, that's the biggest joint I've ever seen!" Purpearl pokes it with her wand, dislodging it from his hand. "Nice shades, and I like your girly friendship band hanging off your girly bandana. Who are you BFF with? That Metasimian?"

OOC: No problem at all!

Purpearl pokes the blunt out of Cheech's hands, his face beginning to turn red, and not from the marijuana.

10230979614_1eebd7e9b2_o.jpg

"That was the biggest joint I ever rolled! Now I gotta roll up another one! And this is not a friendship band! It's a one-hundred percent hemp bandana showing my support for el Wolfgang, amigo! And now I'm going to send you up in smoke, for ruining my cannabis!"

10231071455_4f5b043203_o.jpg

"Wow, compadre, how many heroes are there again..."

The Wolfgang thugs surround the party, their weapons drawn, circling the party like sharks out on the open water. There was only one thing the party could do at this point...

10230979614_1eebd7e9b2_o.jpg"Come on, amigo! I'll kick you in cojones!"

Cheech

Level ??? Humanoid

Health: 30/30

Special: Up in Smoke- Cheech blows a smoke ring at the attacking hero, stunning them.

Passive Special: Cheech deals damage equal to the attacker's level.

Drops: Pixie Dust

10231071455_4f5b043203_o.jpg"Can we stop for a minute? I think I'm seeing stuff..."

Kong

Level 8 Humanoid

Health: 45/45

Special- All Time High- Kong deals 4 damage to the attacking hero, as well as another 3 for every status effect on the hero, both good and bad.

Passive Special- Kong denies the SP of higher level enemies.

Drops: Rocky Mountain (earth elemental axe, WP: 5)

10231070405_0eba888edc_o.jpg"Sup, sugar sweet?"

Harlot Quinn *Immune to Sealed*

Level 10 Humanoid

Health: 70/70

Special 1: Tough Love- The Harlot deals the enamored effect on the hero.

Special 2: Side Effect- No matter how safe you thought you were, you're poisoned.

Drops: Harlot's Outfit (Bodywear- Suitable for witches, sorcerers, and harlots. SP:2 Provides immunity from poison and deadly poison.), Party Bomb x2

10231069845_52ae00e9fe_o.jpg"This is a robbery!"

"Donny Dozenhands"

Level 14 Humanoid

Health: 80/80

Special 1: Rob 'em Blind- Donny steals gold equal to the targets level (non-retrievable) and blinds the opponent.

Special 2: Spitting Image- "Donny" manages to boost his ego, hastening himself for a round.

Reward: 60 Gold

-The Party-

33d49a56-cc25-4f65-8d7c-91269463436f_zpseb21ce9b.jpg

Avalanche (Dragonfire)

29 years old male yeti Barbarian

Level 1

Power: 4 (1+3)

Health: 8/8

Gold: 3

Equipment: Earthshaker (WP:3)

Inventory: Potion, Bottle of Mead, Smoke Bomb, Venom

9526423509_a47eccbb56_o.png

Purpearl Berthadhiell (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven Mage

Level 1

Power: 4 (1+3)

Health: 5/5 (5)

Ether: 5/5 (5)

Gold: 5

Equipment: Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3)

Inventory: Ruby (Fire), Potion, Bedroll

ava-heckz.jpg

Heckz Brutenhal,The Ghostbuster (Eric-Su)

32 year old male Mage.

Level 13 1/2 *Immune to Sealed*

Power: 22 (13+9) (Spellpower: 27 (13+9+5))

Defense: 3

Health: 17/17 (5+12)

Ether: 23/23 (5+12+1+5)

Gold: 39

Equipment: Rawr (WP:9), Spellbound Gloves (Spellpower +5, handwear) Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, Immune to Sealed

Inventory: Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Health Core, Tonic, Grand Tonic, Grand Potion x2, Ether Core, Remedy x2, Elixir, Smelling Salts, Mead, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Shovel, Bone x2, Crystal Ball (worth 50 gold/100 gold at magic shops)

9581024822_74460301e3_o.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard (played by Kadabra) *Party Leader*

214 Year Old Elven Evoker

Level 15.5

Power: 24 (15+9)

Defense: 3

Health: 22/22

Ether: 20/20

Gold: 82

Equipment: Suume (Bow, WP:8 9, Wind and Lightning Elemental), Robe of the Elven Warlock (SP:3), Ranger's Quiver (WP+1 to bows/crossbows), Murderer's Dagger (WP:4, dagger. Stolen from the crime scene, no longer considered evidence unless returned)

Artefacts:

Gemstones: Topaz

Scrolls: Scroll of Sealing

Consumables: Potion, Grand Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Water Bomb

Summon: Sera, Angel of Wrath (Lightning elemental)

Party Leader, Please determine Party Order. Everyone else, choose a target! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Heckz, take out your new girlfriend. Avalanche, you deal with the hippy and the lovely Purpearl should be able to take the chimp, providing she stays in the back row. The big guy's all mine.

Arasmyth draws back Suume and looses an arrow at 'Dozenhands' from the back row.

BO:

Arasmyth

Heckz

Purpearl

Avalanche

"Sorry gorgeous, it would have never worked between us." Heckz casts a darkness spell at Harlot Quinn from the back row.