Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

I can see Dareth learning Spinjitzu. If that were true, I'd assume him to be the Stone Ninja.

Now before you go all "Cole is the Earth Ninja, so how would Dareth be a stone Ninja?" Why don't you ask the earth Toa Onua, and the stone Toa Pohatu? I'm sure they can clear something up...

Anyway. I'm really hoping to see the love between Jay and Nya blossom some more, not to mention what will happen with Misako and Garmadon getting back together. Also it would be nice for another Ninja to have a girlfriend.

I wonder if the next part of the story will be a long time later, perhaps the Overlord rising again and a new team taking him on. Seems like the obvious path to me.

I think that would be redundant, personally. Why not introduce brand-new plot elements instead of revisiting old ones? Ninjago has a lot of potential even without keeping the Overlord as a main villain. Also, bringing the Overlord back for the very next story arc, even if there was a significant time skip, would sort of undermine the impact of the Ninja defeating him in the first place.

Also, of all the characters in Ninjago, the Ninja have always been central to the toyline and the story. I think introducing a new team would be a risky move, even if Kai, Zane, Jay, Cole, and Lloyd were kept in the story, because there's the risk that the theme would lose a lot of what makes people hopeful for the theme's return. This isn't to say TLG might not do it, but frankly I don't think that would be the best direction for the theme to take if TLG wishes for it to remain successful.

I can see Dareth learning Spinjitzu. If that were true, I'd assume him to be the Stone Ninja.

Now before you go all "Cole is the Earth Ninja, so how would Dareth be a stone Ninja?" Why don't you ask the earth Toa Onua, and the stone Toa Pohatu? I'm sure they can clear something up...

Anyway. I'm really hoping to see the love between Jay and Nya blossom some more, not to mention what will happen with Misako and Garmadon getting back together. Also it would be nice for another Ninja to have a girlfriend.

Just because people learned over time to accept a piece of fridge logic like that in BIONICLE doesn't mean that using a similar idea would be worth the confusion it might cause. More characters learning Spinjitzu could indeed be an interesting direction for the story to take, though.

More characters learning Spinjitzu could indeed be an interesting direction for the story to take, though.

What I hope to see is Lloyd become the Sensei and he teaches some more students in the art of Spinjitzu. He may also become the leader of the team. The team will then face the new enemy for the year (which may be Nindroids). Wu and Garmadon go out on another seperate quest to stop the Overlord once and for all. They will find the secret then that will lead into a fourth season. There's my theory, I just really want Ninjago to go for at least five years.

Ah, OK. I thought you were referring specifically to DVD-exclusive features.

Yeah, it would be nice if a Ninjago DVD set had some of this kind of stuff. I was quite disappointed that neither the original pilot DVD nor the "Season 1" DVD set had all the mini-movies from LEGO.com. In fact, the only bonus feature on any Ninjago DVD so far (as far as I know) is the LEGO Battles Ninjago blooper reel, which I think is on the pilot DVD.

I believe the only DVD that has the Ninjago mini-movies is the free LEGO Club DVD that was sent out with a bunch of LEGO Club magazines a while back. I have that DVD, so it's not a huge deal for me, but I can see why it'd frustrate some people.

I believe the only DVD that has the Ninjago mini-movies is the free LEGO Club DVD that was sent out with a bunch of LEGO Club magazines a while back. I have that DVD, so it's not a huge deal for me, but I can see why it'd frustrate some people.

If I remember correctly, that one just had the first three. At least if you're referring to the 2011 DVD sent out in Nov-Dec that year. (I don't believe there have been any Club DVDs since then).

Yes, the Club DVD had none of the really good episodes that are directly story related. That is why, even though I own that DVD, it is still frustrating, because it isn't all of them!

...first three? :look:

THERE ARE MORE?!

I...I never knew... :cry_sad:

Edited by Flipz

They've been available here for almost two years...

They fill in the gaps quite well, including spotlighting Wyplash multiple times.

Oh, I've seen all of those. I thought all of them were on the Club DVD?

Guess what... My new DVD is defective! The sound is off on all the episodes (only the episodes)! Everything is a tad deeper, and now I have to go through Target to get another one! If anyone has this fault in their DVD, I would love to be informed.

Got a replacement... ITS THE WHOLE BATCH!

It hurts when it is official. Lego shipped me a free replacement... *sigh*. I wish I didn't have to wait for perfection. That's if we get it! The fact that Ninjago is continuing might mean that we won't get a complete series DVD!

I sure hope they fixed that sound problem!

Today is March 5th. The Second season got released today... GUESS WHAT?

Let me just say that it is going to take more than one man to solve this problem. Buy yourself copies and listen for yourself.

I feel sorry for you, having this problem again.

Edited by DraikNova

I suggest everyone to buy the DVD to hear for themselves. We can then have this problem reported to Lego from multiple sources. I know it isn't just the DVD's that I got, it is the whole batch.

All I have is an iPod, and a crappy computer that can barely handle the old Lego PC games...

Today is March 5th. The Second season got released today... GUESS WHAT?

Let me just say that it is going to take more than one man to solve this problem. Buy yourself copies and listen for yourself.

How bad is the sound quality on those DVD's? Is there any sound at all, or is the sound just a bit off to what it should sound like on there? If there is no sound at all or next to no sound (i.e., very quiet sound, even when you have the volume on the TV at it's loudest setting), then I'm extremely worried about this, as I haven't bought any of the Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu DVD's but plan to buy the complete first and second season DVD box sets in the next few months. Also, does this apply only to US DVD's or does it apply to all Region 1 DVD's of the TV series, them including the ones that are sold in Canada? If the sound is only a bit off there, then I can live with that.

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

How bad is the sound quality on those DVD's? Is there any sound at all, or is the sound just a bit off to what it should sound like on there? If there is no sound at all or next to no sound (i.e., very quiet sound, even when you have the volume on the TV at it's loudest setting), then I'm extremely worried about this, as I haven't bought any of the Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu DVD's but plan to buy the complete first and second season DVD box sets in the next few months. Also, does this apply only to US DVD's or does it apply to all Region 1 DVD's of the TV series, them including the ones that are sold in Canada? If the sound is only a bit off there, then I can live with that.

It is only a bit off. However, most of the orchestrated themes after The Day Ninjago Stood Still are quieted down, which is a horrendous shame being that it is the better musical half of the season.

It is only a bit off. However, most of the orchestrated themes after The Day Ninjago Stood Still are quieted down, which is a horrendous shame being that it is the better musical half of the season.

Allow me to clarify. Yes, the sound is off in every single Season two episode in all Region 1 DVD's. The music is altered, yes, but it doesn't get quieter until episode 7 as stated above.

Not to mention what will happen with Misako and Garmadon getting back together.

I really want to see what happens with the love triangle between Wu, Garmadon and Misako. I really can't think of what could happen. Maybe it will give Garmadon a new hatred for Wu. I don't know.

Edited by Wall E2624

Sorry to double post but Jay Vincent has confirmed he is scoring music for at least 8 new episodes of Ninjago!! He says to expect more Nindroids, action and more flutes. Says it will premiere late 2013-2014.

Remember, they only decided Ninjago will continue a couple of months ago. Confirmation of more episodes so quickly came as a surprise to me. They will need to think of a new storyline, the Stone Army story was probably discussed long before the episodes, let alone the sets, so they don't have anything to work with. So the longer it takes, the better the story will be. :classic:

Edited by Wall E2624

More Nindroids! :innocent::wub_drool:

In just a couple short words, my love for Ninjago has strengthened. I sure hope they take their time and perfect this next chapter.

That is far too long to wait. More nindroids sounds interesting...

Remember, they only decided Ninjago will continue a couple of months ago. Confirmation of more episodes so quickly came as a surprise to me. They will need to think of a new storyline, the Stone Army story was probably discussed long before the episodes, let alone the sets, so they don't have anything to work with. So the longer it takes, the better the story will be. :classic:

You need to also keep in mind that Wil Films is working on the Legends of Chima TV series, so their spending most if not all their time on that TV series (which, by the way, will have at least 26 episodes that will be aring on TV later this year), for the next several months. Actually, I would be suprised if any brand new episodes of Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu will be airing at any time during this year, so I doubt that we will see any brand new episodes of this TV show until early next year at the earilest.

Actually. If Lego plans to release the LoC TV series in the Summer (officially), they would have to be post-production by early March. All episodes of the second season of Ninjago were finished when Darkness Shall rise aired (mid July 2012). It just depended on how the channel the Ninjago TV series was on wanted to spread the series out (i.e.People in Singapore (location?) got Rise of the Spinjitzu Master before America did).

Not to mention that The Fold had already started production on new songs for Ninjago in early January this year.

Jay Vincent already is composing new music, so by the looks of things. Season 3 of Ninjago is well underway. I can definitely see this next season showing up around late September/early November..

Edited by Penkid11