Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

The latest episode was indeed amazing.

We got some great music, some great plot developments, and some interesting character development for Sensei Wu and Misako. She's definitely a badass, which is good because Ninjago has so few female characters in general. The only really cool ones were Nya and Edna. :tongue:

At the same time, some parts of her characterization seem a bit Mary Sue-ish. Knows Spinjitzu, is involved in a love triangle with some of the most incredible characters in the show, knows more about some things than even Sensei Wu does, and is generally well-liked by everyone? It has worked well for the show, but I can see why some people might want criticize her characterization.

Her leitmotif is certainly awesome, of course. Hopefully she'll remain an integral part of the team.

It's just a shame that we're not getting a minifig of her....

Oh well, theres always decals.

I would

certainly be one of the ones to criticize Misako. But at anyrate, my guess is that this spells doom for my hopes that Lord Garmadon would end up turning good; there's no way that would work smoothly now that they've clearly shown that Wu and Misako are so close. What a pity, too; I kind of liked Lord Garmadon.

I would

certainly be one of the ones to criticize Misako. But at anyrate, my guess is that this spells doom for my hopes that Lord Garmadon would end up turning good; there's no way that would work smoothly now that they've clearly shown that Wu and Misako are so close. What a pity, too; I kind of liked Lord Garmadon.

Actually, the possibility that Lord Garmadon might be redeemed is looking up after Episode 20. Now that we know of the Overlord, the possibility emerges that the prophecy of the Green Ninja defeating the "Dark Lord" might not be referring to Lord Garmadon after all...

Wu and Misako could complicate things, but let's face it, if Lord Garmadon is going to be redeemed he would need to start taking responsibility for his own actions-- and that includes accepting that his path of darkness has distanced him from everyone he once loved, and he needs to atone if he hopes to earn back their respect.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's a possibility that shouldn't be ruled out.

Actually, the possibility that Lord Garmadon might be redeemed is looking up after Episode 20. Now that we know of the Overlord, the possibility emerges that the prophecy of the Green Ninja defeating the "Dark Lord" might not be referring to Lord Garmadon after all...

Wu and Misako could complicate things, but let's face it, if Lord Garmadon is going to be redeemed he would need to start taking responsibility for his own actions-- and that includes accepting that his path of darkness has distanced him from everyone he once loved, and he needs to atone if he hopes to earn back their respect.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's a possibility that shouldn't be ruled out.

IDK. I'd like to think of it that way, but really. . . OK, if the entire Wu and Misako thing were to stop now, then maybe. Or, (since Wu seems to consider himself responsable, at least in a way, for Garmadon's evilness), maybe he [Edit: I'm talking about Wu here] could sacrifice himself to save Ninjago. . . (no, I don't really think so)

It's still a possability, I agree, but, although episode 20 made it more likely (although I had always thought that even if Lord Garmadon is the Dark Lord, the best way to defeat your enemy is to make them your friend), episode 21 seems to have knocked it out the window. I'm thinking it might be something like this:

If any one of the Overlord's Mininons actually does a good deed, the Overlord will be. . . well, something like sent into oblivion. And Lord Garmadon, unwilling to destroy his son, will sacrifice himself, thus doing a "good deed", and getting rid of Lord Garmadon and the Overlord in one fell swoop. Of course, I'd rather Lord Garmadon stuck around. . .

Edited by Kai NRG

Check out this video interview with Jay Vincent and Michael Kramer by JAM Music & Effects! They reveal some of the planning and work that went into creating the score for the Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu television series. Also featured in the interview are short clips of Jay playing

theme on banjo and Mike playing the Green Ninja theme on flute! Edited by Aanchir

Yeah, I too expect Lord Garmadon to turn good somehow in the end. Either he'll sacrfice himself or the defeat of the Overlord will cure his corruption of evil. He's a pathetic villain, so he'd be better off on the good side anyway.

Does anyone think that Misako could be the Golden Ninja? She certainly seems to have the skills and knowledge for it, plus her outfit has very similar colors to that of the golden ninja. Of course, the golden Ninja's eyes look very different to hers (they look very male), so I don't think it's her, but then again, anything is possible in Ninjago, so it's a possibility to consider. The general consensus seems to be that it is Lloyd, which would make sense, but his eyebrows are different to those of the golden ninja too. Maybe all the ninja merge into one golden ninja for the final battle? I dunno.

Yeah, I too expect Lord Garmadon to turn good somehow in the end. Either he'll sacrfice himself or the defeat of the Overlord will cure his corruption of evil. He's a pathetic villain, so he'd be better off on the good side anyway.

Does anyone think that Misako could be the Golden Ninja? She certainly seems to have the skills and knowledge for it, plus her outfit has very similar colors to that of the golden ninja. Of course, the golden Ninja's eyes look very different to hers (they look very male), so I don't think it's her, but then again, anything is possible in Ninjago, so it's a possibility to consider. The general consensus seems to be that it is Lloyd, which would make sense, but his eyebrows are different to those of the golden ninja too. Maybe all the ninja merge into one golden ninja for the final battle? I dunno.

Well, that's certainly an interesting idea, but

I highly doubt it, for one thing the eyebrows like you mention, but also the fact that her tornado is silver, not golden. Plus, why would the Highlight character of the show never become NRG (or at least not in a set) and not even be included in the last wave?

We know the Golden Ninja is Lloyd because the Japanese set descriptions confirmed it, and I see no reason that would be a fabrication when everything else about the sets was correct. It would be cool if it were Misako, but I don't think that'd justify Lloyd's absence from the final wave when he's integral to this story arc.

With the different eyebrows of the golden Ninja (different then Lloyd, then....

perhaps Lloyd was a typo and it should be Lord Garmaddon is the Golden Ninja! Anyone rewatched that small clip when Sensei and Garmaddon fought? When Garmaddon was still human.)

lolz

^Garmadon is included along with the Gold Ninja in the Temple of Light set next year. It implies they work seperate parts in th final battle.

It seems like something like this might happen in the next episode:

If any of you have see the trailer for episode 22, you may have noticed two Zane-like figures, one clearly Zane and the other. . . ? Apparently, long ago, right after Zane's father died and Zane left, Samukai came and made Zane's father drink tea and he revived. Samukai told him to build Skeleton Vehicles and Zane's father refused. Samukai shut him up in an underwater cave (or something like that) with a giaht monster to guard him. Somehow, the ninjas discover this and then they try to rescue him. My guess is that he might well have something to do with the Golden Robot? (otherwise why would they introduce him into the show again?). Of course, it's all just a rumor and some of my own guesses, so I could be totally wrong.

Well, that's certainly an interesting idea, but

I highly doubt it, for one thing the eyebrows like you mention, but also the fact that her tornado is silver, not golden. Plus, why would the Highlight character of the show never become NRG (or at least not in a set) and not even be included in the last wave?

Besides, it could'nt be Misako cause she has glasses, and the golden Ninja did'nt. besides, it just does not make sense for her to become a ninja; If she was going to be one, why was'nt she one a long time ago :sceptic:

. . . You mean that one? :P

The title of that episode is... creepy. But It seems it won't be so scary after watching that.

Yes, that's the one I was talking about. I guess it's hard to tell, but if you pause it it's easier to see.

To the people talking about the Golden Ninja's eyebrows:

Maybe the reason that the Golden Ninja's eyebrows look so much like Lord Garmadon's is because Lloyd is Garmadon's kid? I mean, we've already done a Plot-Relevant Age-Up for Lloyd, perhaps there is another one in store? Or perhaps the Final Battle wave is set a little ways in the future?

:wink:

EDIT: Also, I must congratulate whoever's been updating the Ninjago TV Tropes page; several series don't get updated until months after the episode comes out, but Ninjago's always been up to date when I've looked at it. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

I think the

Golden Ninja is just Lloyd. It's been confirmed by the sites we got the pictures from and it just makes sense.

Edited by DraikNova

To the people talking about the Golden Ninja's eyebrows:

Maybe the reason that the Golden Ninja's eyebrows look so much like Lord Garmadon's is because Lloyd is Garmadon's kid? I mean, we've already done a Plot-Relevant Age-Up for Lloyd, perhaps there is another one in store? Or perhaps the Final Battle wave is set a little ways in the future?

:wink:

EDIT: Also, I must congratulate whoever's been updating the Ninjago TV Tropes page; several series don't get updated until months after the episode comes out, but Ninjago's always been up to date when I've looked at it. :wink:

I've also been impressed by the frequency of updates to the Ninjago TV Tropes page. I update it occasionally myself, but I'm always impressed to see that so much editing is already done by more experienced tropers than myself.

On that note, gotta go add Misako to the characters page. :wink:

I loved that episode. It was one of the best of the season so far.

Dr Julien's return was very suprising but a welcome surprise at that. I love how their biggest fears at sea are starfish. Jay constantly saying he should have packed more underwear was funny at first but just got annoying. Although it was funny when he stole Dr Julien's spare pair! What I didn't like is that there wasn't enough Garmadon and the Stone Army. But what happened to the falcon :sad:

Is is just me or is Dr. Julien's voice really weird? Since he hasn't really done anything yet, my guess is he has something to do with the ninja's next vehicles and possibly even the golden robot?

Is is just me or is Dr. Julien's voice really weird? Since he hasn't really done anything yet, my guess is he has something to do with the ninja's next vehicles and possibly even the golden robot?

I don't find it weird, just unusual. We didn't hear his voice a lot during the short time he was old in Tick Tock. He does sound different though. I think it is likely that he makes the new vehicles (Cole's Drill, Kai's robot, etc.) because how else would they get those vehicles. But apparently the golden robot is unleashed with those elemental blades.

Edited by Wall E2624

I loved that episode. It was one of the best of the season so far.

Dr Julien's return was very suprising but a welcome surprise at that. I love how their biggest fears at sea are starfish. Jay constantly saying he should have packed more underwear was funny at first but just got annoying. Although it was funny when he stole Dr Julien's spare pair! What I didn't like is that there wasn't enough Garmadon and the Stone Army. But what happened to the falcon :sad:

I wouldn't agree about it being the best episode of the season. The last episode was stunning, but I think this one fell apart shortly after the ninja went to sea. The farewell scene was epic, but Zane's dad (does he really have a name?) spent way too much time expositing to try and justify the out-of-left-field reveal that he was in fact alive. Don't get me wrong, I love him as a character, but I think his return either should have been handled better (Why did Samukai feel the need to revive him? Doesn't the skeleton army prove that he could be just as useful to them dead? Couldn't the ninja have rescued him from the Underworld anyway the way they rescued Sensei Wu?), or not done at all. From this point forward, though, I agree with Wall E2624 that he'll have a hand in designing the new ninja vehicles.

Why did Samukai feel the need to revive him?

I am honestly not sure how Samukai found out of his expertise or found out that he was dying. It may have been Garmadon's orders (he was in command at that time, right?) for Samukai to find Julien and revive him to make the vehicles.

I am honestly not sure how Samukai found out of his expertise or found out that he was dying. It may have been Garmadon's orders (he was in command at that time, right?) for Samukai to find Julien and revive him to make the vehicles.

Well, we really can't be absolutely sure if Garmadon was in control then or not, but it would seem likely, since he could know about the inventor (whereas how would Samukai know?).