Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

19 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Someone in the Ninjago 2017 thread said it was confirmed non-canon on twitter.

Also Wu's Teas is the last we'll see of the current Lloyd voice actor. Come to think of it, Lloyd has 4 voice changes in total (young, older, the new voice, the movie) while everyone else just has 2 (show, movie)...

The Hageman Bros. said they didn't write it, not that it wasn't canon. Assumptions, assumptions.

But, you know Lloyd has always had the same actress in the show, right? Until Season 8, it'll still be show, movie. And game.

Edited by GarmaFan

37 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

The Hageman Bros. said they didn't write it, not that it wasn't canon. Assumptions, assumptions.

But, you know Lloyd has always had the same actress in the show, right? Until Season 8, it'll still be show, movie. And game.

I think he meant that Jilian Michaels had to change her voice from kid-sounding to more grown up, not that the actual voice actress changed

3 hours ago, legozebra said:

I think he meant that Jilian Michaels had to change her voice from kid-sounding to more grown up, not that the actual voice actress changed

I kinda got that, but I don't think a change in pitch is quite the same as changing voice actors.

On another note though, according to the Hagemans, Season 9 is the last season, "for now". Though apparently that's usually how it is, and they're sure Ninjago will continue even if they aren't around to write it, so probably nothing to worry about.

19 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

How would I know? I said that someone else in the Ninjago 2017 thread said it was confirmed non canon on Twitter. I decided to trust whoever said that, but apparently they altered what was said...

Also Ninjago's SDCC panel is on Sunday, in case anyone didn't know. And from there we should get news on what went down the next day, or even Sunday night.

Edited by gamejutzu

3 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

How would I know? I said that someone else in the Ninjago 2017 thread said it was confirmed non canon on Twitter. I decided to trust whoever said that, but apparently they altered what was said...

Also Ninjago's SDCC panel is on Sunday, in case anyone didn't know. And from there we should get news on what went down the next day, or even Sunday night.

That wasn't directed at you, that was more in general. 

Season 8 Lloyd, from the SDCC show panel. Looks like a modified movie design. I'm fine with the suit, but was the eye change to green like in the movie really necessary? 

New voice actor totally confirmed too, but their name is still unknown. Villains are biker kabuki demons or something, and the goal is still to find Wu.

Edited by TheBrickPal

27 minutes ago, TheBrickPal said:

Villains are biker kabuki demons or something, and the goal is still to find Wu.

Could be very cool, or very terrible.

Biker demons? Well, that's certainly unique! I'm excited to see how this plays out!

And Lloyd's new design looks very interesting - I'm surprised at how similar it looks to the movie design, down to the eye color change. Hopefully that'll be explained.

Lloyd is played by Sam Vincent, according to Allen from The Brickfan. Another stellar addition to the cast.

Is it bad that I kinda enjoy watching the tween/early teen fans run around like chickens with their heads cut off whenever something is changed in the series? I feel like this happens every year, but by the end of the year, they're totally accepting of it.

Edited by Penkid11

5 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

Lloyd is played by Sam Vincent, according to Allen from The Brickfan. Another stellar addition to the cast.

Is it bad that I kinda enjoy watching the tween/early teen fans run around like chickens with their heads cut off whenever something is changed in the series? I feel like this happens every year, but by the end of the year, they're totally accepting of it.

Right! Hahaha, it's funny. I'm loving everything we're season from season 8. The Lloyd I think wasn't nessasary. But I think it'll be fine...however if tall the ninja change looks I'll be alittle disappointed. That being said I love How the TV series took on the same lettering style. Also there are 6 bad guys shown. All 6 mimic the color schemes of the ninja. 

17 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

Haha- yeah, this seems to happen every single time change is announced. I for one am looking forward to the changes and the new dynamic it will offer to the show.

Two things I noticed in that intro, first, these villains appear to be wearing old fashion visored racer helmets with heavy printing, which seems awfully plain for Ninjago villains. Secondly, that hanging monorail from TLNM appears twice in the intro, something I certainly would like to see better images of from the movie. Other than the cars' design, I would like to see how the monorail's track is constructed.

As long as the changes aren't genetic or don't make sense to the canon (like Zane with yellow skin, Cole with no scar, or Jay's freckles) they shouldn't look too much like the movie. Lloyd's the exception because he's Lloyd. Because this isn't a reboot, it's a... Reinvigorating? The most i'm expecting to see for the others are different hairstyles.

Edited by gamejutzu

6 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

As long as the changes aren't genetic or don't make sense to the canon (like Zane with yellow skin, Cole with no scar, or Jay's freckles) they shouldn't look too much like the movie. Lloyd's the exception because he's Lloyd. Because this isn't a reboot, it's a... Reinvigorating? The most i'm expecting to see for the others are different hairstyles.

As much as I'd wish for Zane to remain titanium etc for continuity purposes, I'd even be ok if they removed the scar and made Zane regular as long as there's a logical explanation for it, just as I expect a logical reason for Lloyd to get green eyes and a new voice. The good thing is that these aren't carbon copies of the film figures - Lloyd has armor, for example, so hopefully some things will carry over from the show still.

Edited by legozebra

Also - some thoughts on the new clip - I'm really liking this new look and feel. The city feels so fleshed out and vibrant, and it feels so alive and realistic compared to how it's been shown previously. The fighting is superb and seems even better than the already high-quality fight scenes since ToE. Only one slight nitpick - if this is the opening scene of Season 8, I'm wondering how they'll explain the new voice and eye color change this early. Other than that, the clip and especially driving scenes looked amazing and I'm so excited for season 8.