Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

@gamejutzu I'm not quite sure what you're doing with all the audio files or anything. All the episodes are in English in great quality on mywatchseries.to 

If there is a problem with me posting this then I will just remove this. 

Also I think this is my favourite season so far. I think the writing of this show keeps getting better each season! Can't wait to see what they do next! 

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

@gamejutzu I'm not quite sure what you're doing with all the audio files or anything. All the episodes are in English in great quality on mywatchseries.to 

If there is a problem with me posting this then I will just remove this. 

Also I think this is my favourite season so far. I think the writing of this show keeps getting better each season! Can't wait to see what they do next! 

That folder isn't mine as you can see I quoted it from someone else.

Really? Hm, I didn't know that. It's so hard to find new things with a small backing like Ninjago episodes.

I don't think discussing this stuff is particularly bad as I see a lot of people doing the same thing here. Speaking of episodes, a guy called Kai Fire Studio seems to have uploaded HoT to Youtube in good quality. You guys might want to access those before it's too late. Maybe they got the episodes from mywatchseries.to as well?

Edited by gamejutzu

I'm waaay out of the loop with Ninjago, so chances are pretty slim that this tweet has gone unnoticed here, but anyway:

Probably Nelson, who (coincidentally?) has a drawing attached to his back in minifig form.

49 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

I'm waaay out of the loop with Ninjago, so chances are pretty slim that this tweet has gone unnoticed here, but anyway:

Probably Nelson, who (coincidentally?) has a drawing attached to his back in minifig form.

It'd be weird of them to call Nelson a "new character", considering he's neither new to the show or to the sets. I would think that it'd be an actual character we hadn't seen before.

22 hours ago, legozebra said:

Some good news - TA confirmed Season 9 is under development!

Plus, we'll figure out why Wu aged so much in 40 years in Season 8, which will be great!

Yeah, season 8 seems to be the season where we'll get a lot of answers and exposition on things. 

Wait... Does that mean the season after HoT is complete?

4 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Yeah, season 8 seems to be the season where we'll get a lot of answers and exposition on things. 

Wait... Does that mean the season after HoT is complete?

No, Season 8 is 20% complete (in terms of everything: voice dialogue, animation, music) but I assume the work he's referring to for Season 9 is his work on story and concept etc.

On 6/11/2017 at 7:49 AM, Sunset550 said:

It sounds like season 8 is going to have a lot of changes to me. Does anyone have any predictions?

I'm guessing that because we are getting a new voice actor for Lloyd and we are still dealing with time in some capacity, Lloyd will probably be aged up in some manner.

So after just now seeing pics of that magnificent Ninjago City set for the first time i wonder... just WHEN is this movie coming out anyway?

Also: having a hard time deciding which set to build next, Jay's Elemental Dragon or... Titan Mech Battle.. can't decide :look:

27 minutes ago, Darth Wayne said:

So after just now seeing pics of that magnificent Ninjago City set for the first time i wonder... just WHEN is this movie coming out anyway?

Also: having a hard time deciding which set to build next, Jay's Elemental Dragon or... Titan Mech Battle.. can't decide :look:

September 22, 2017.

32 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

September 22, 2017.

Ugh thanks, that is still a ways off... sometimes i hate that they release all the sets so much in advance... they'd mean much more to me if i had seen the movie first i think..

So I just wrapped up hands of time, and I'd like to vent a bit. I'll put it in spoiler tags, because I value you all. :wink:

Spoiler

I don't remember there being this many "kiddie jokes" in this show for some, some time. It was few and far between enough to ignore it, but I felt like I was groaning far more than I should've.

Crux and Acronix are very compelling in concept, but I found their brotherly banter quite subpar in comparison to, say the dynamic that Master Chen and Clouse had. I do find them quite a bit more interesting than the latter however, and they certainly aren't Nadakhan, though that bar is going to be hard to raise.

I also found the constant one liners from Nya to be incredibly overdone. I mean, I get it, she's Kai's sister, they rub off on each other, but these were just baaaadd. I also found her hotheaded-ness regarding the Samurai X armor to be very unlike her, and made me feel some disinterest in her motivation of "because I made it and I want it back."

Samurai VXL is an attempt at atoning for the very quick reveal of the original Samurai X's identity, and I can't help but feel a bit better in that VXL's reveal is steering clear of that issue (though time will tell, I'm sure).

I'm incredibly sick of Lloyd. There truly is no reason for his existence anymore, and the fact that they are trying to make him relevant again by forcing him into the "Master" position is completely uncalled for. This is a teenager who should still be dealing with the troubles arriving from the fact that his family was brought together by lies, not to mention his own father's death. He could go rogue, he could wallow in self-guilt, something other than this, please!!

Also, what the heck is Kai, Nya, Maya, and Ray's last name? It's time. We should know this by now. We shouldn't have to refer them by "Kai and Nya's family" anymore.

I will give some bonus points for the legitimate world building we got out of this season. I'm glad they gave us a little insight into Jay's mom. And I seriously want the minifigs for the Elemental Alliance.

Current season ratings (opinion):

Day of the Departed<Masters of Spinjitzu<Tournament of Elements<Hands of Time<Rise of the Snakes<Possession<Rebooted<The Final Battle<Skybound

Edited by Penkid11

I was just thinking about Cyrus Borg and Pixal. Did they really have to exist? They killed off Dr. Julien because Cyrus Borg pretty much replaces him, but did they have to do that? What would Borg say or do that Julien wouldn't? Dr. Julien could've been the one to rebuild Ninjago. Julien Industries! J-Tech! As for Pixal, what does she add? Zane's shoddily done love-interest? Her being in his head just made him dependent on her for things he was able to do perfectly fine before. 

7 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

I was just thinking about Cyrus Borg and Pixal. Did they really have to exist? They killed off Dr. Julien because Cyrus Borg pretty much replaces him, but did they have to do that? What would Borg say or do that Julien wouldn't? Dr. Julien could've been the one to rebuild Ninjago. Julien Industries! J-Tech! As for Pixal, what does she add? Zane's shoddily done love-interest? Her being in his head just made him dependent on her for things he was able to do perfectly fine before. 

Considering one of the key themes in Cyrus Borg's story is that technological development needs to be handled responsibly, he's hardly interchangeable with Dr. Julien, who already has a profound sense of responsibility and created his greatest creation "to protect those who cannot protect themselves". That kind of lesson about unrestrained growth is better told via a Steve Jobs-esque billionaire who has too much faith in the promise of futuristic technologies, not a reclusive tinkerer who specializes in heartfelt clockwork creations. Turning Dr. Julien into an overly ambitious tech pioneer would have undermined his prior characterization.

Arguably, Dr. Julien was also already living on borrowed time. We had already seen him seemingly die a natural death of old age. His return in Season 2 was first and foremost an opportunity for Zane to make peace with his past and forgive his father figure for keeping his memories from him. But keeping a character like that alive indefinitely would have cheapened the idea of mortality in the Ninjago universe. Dr. Julien didn't have any kind of known supernatural lineage or abilities like Wu, nor as many obvious healthy habits like martial arts training and meditation. Besides his amazing intellect he was just a very old man.

Cyrus Borg also serves a valuable function in the series as representation for the physically disabled. While the idea of an elderly man like Julien becoming disabled is not far-fetched, a character who develops a disability due to old age is not the same kind of representation as a person who is disabled from a young age and still goes on to achieve greatness. Particularly for the show's young viewers it's good to have characters that don't convey a sense that people like them are "damaged".

As for Pixal, it is fair to say that as Zane's love interest in Season 3 her character was under-utilized. However, Ninjago already has a dearth of female characters, so I don't see a scenario where one of those characters is not introduced at all being preferable to one where that character simply isn't developed to their fullest potential. While it shouldn't be her only purpose in the story, it is good for Zane's character to have another character who is "like him" but from a decidedly different background. It also seems like Pixal is now finally being developed into a less passive character, overdue as that may be.

On 6/26/2017 at 8:42 AM, Aanchir said:

It also seems like Pixal is now finally being developed into a less passive character, overdue as that may be.

I think "less passive" is an understatement XD

Also I just found this while looking around for news: 

It's a full length episode made up of 20 one and a half minute shorts. I wasn't expecting that, and there's a ton of interesting things to see in it. 
The only question I have is when this takes place, or if this is even canon at all... But I don't think that's too important.

Edited by gamejutzu

I wouldn't mind a coffee robot minifigure in the future... I wonder if it will show up in future seasons? That being said, this definitely takes place before HoT, but I'm not sure how much earlier. It might not even be canon, but it doesn't really add much to the plot so to me it doesn't matter if it's canon or not! 

Yeah, that definitely was interesting. Reminds me of the Chair Chen shorts, if they were drawn out to a full episode. 

On 7/13/2017 at 8:56 PM, legozebra said:

Yeah, that definitely was interesting. Reminds me of the Chair Chen shorts, if they were drawn out to a full episode. 

I remember those episodes having "filler" in the title in some languages. So I guess this can be one big filler episode. It's not canon, but a lot of people really don't like the episode anyway. It's not often we get these not plot-focused things though, so I can see where they're coming from.

Also Ninjago has a spot in SDCC as Lego's last event. Hopefully we get a decent amount of info on season 8 rather than some hints or something.

Edited by gamejutzu

1 hour ago, gamejutzu said:

I remember those episodes having "filler" in the title in some languages. So I guess this can be one big filler episode. It's not canon, but a lot of people really don't like the episode anyway. It's not often we get these not plot-focused things though, so I can see where they're coming from.

Also Ninjago has a spot in SDCC as Lego's last event. Hopefully we get a decent amount of info on season 8 rather than some hints or something.

Really? Most people I've seen thought it was funny. We don't know if it's canon yet though. I want it to be.. because Lloyd singing is a thing that must exist.

1 hour ago, gamejutzu said:

Yeah - if I recall, last year, photos of the presentation slides were released on the day of (or a few days after), the video presentation was uploaded to Lego's YouTube in August without sneak peek clips, and the clips themselves were uploaded mid-August. So lots of news coming up! 

Edited by legozebra

On 7/15/2017 at 10:38 AM, GarmaFan said:

Really? Most people I've seen thought it was funny. We don't know if it's canon yet though. I want it to be.. because Lloyd singing is a thing that must exist.

Someone in the Ninjago 2017 thread said it was confirmed non-canon on twitter.

Also Wu's Teas is the last we'll see of the current Lloyd voice actor. Come to think of it, Lloyd has 4 voice changes in total (young, older, the new voice, the movie) while everyone else just has 2 (show, movie)...

49 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Someone in the Ninjago 2017 thread said it was confirmed non-canon on twitter.

Also Wu's Teas is the last we'll see of the current Lloyd voice actor. Come to think of it, Lloyd has 4 voice changes in total (young, older, the new voice, the movie) while everyone else just has 2 (show, movie)...

I'm assuming we'll have some closure in season 8 to justify the change, so it may not be the last of her yet.