Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Whoever it is, they're not in the sets (VXL is a Samurai, after how often they've made that useless distinction to create drama I don't think Simon would call VXL a ninja) and probably not a major part of the story until the end. Maybe it's one of Kai and Nya's parents, or Skylor.

With the hinting at Wu's death it makes sense they'd be bringing in a new character.

5 hours ago, Mandate said:

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Whoever it is, they're not in the sets (VXL is a Samurai, after how often they've made that useless distinction to create drama I don't think Simon would call VXL a ninja) and probably not a major part of the story until the end. Maybe it's one of Kai and Nya's parents, or Skylor.

Reveal hidden contents

With the hinting at Wu's death it makes sense they'd be bringing in a new character.

Actually those are "spoilers" to season 8, not hands of time. So we don't really know if it's true or not.

1 hour ago, NinjaJayNuva said:

Actually those are "spoilers" to season 8, not hands of time. So we don't really know if it's true or not.

Oh? Makes sense I suppose. I stopped trying to keep track of which season is which a while ago. Sorry about that.

21 hours ago, TheLazyChicken said:

If they're adding a new ninja to the team, I rather it be Skylor since she's been put aside a bit these seasons.

As long as she's not the samurai, I completely support this. She definitely needs to be on the team, but remember, she lost her powers, and the writers might decide for a powers-only ninja team, unfortunately. They even gave Nya abilities.

I honestly never saw the point in this weird ninja/samurai drama they always try to play off. Nya becomes a ninja and suddenly she's barely allowed to even look at her old samurai gear, let alone use it. It feels so arbitrary and dumb that an exchange of hats as some would call it is given so much importance.

8 hours ago, Mandate said:

I honestly never saw the point in this weird ninja/samurai drama they always try to play off. Nya becomes a ninja and suddenly she's barely allowed to even look at her old samurai gear, let alone use it. It feels so arbitrary and dumb that an exchange of hats as some would call it is given so much importance.

Couldn't agree more. Then they realize they still need a Samurai on the team, so they revamp all the hype from season 1, this time without the character's actual face visible underneath the mask. (Do we even know who it is yet?)

20 hours ago, Master_Data said:

Couldn't agree more. Then they realize they still need a Samurai on the team, so they revamp all the hype from season 1, this time without the character's actual face visible underneath the mask. (Do we even know who it is yet?)

(no)

To be fair, Nya still has the Samurai X cave, though at this point she only uses the computers in there, or makes vehicles for the rest of the ninja. The gear in there that belongs to her is basically a memento.

Edited by gamejutzu

On 4/6/2017 at 6:34 AM, gamejutzu said:

(no)

To be fair, Nya still has the Samurai X cave, though at this point she only uses the computers in there, or makes vehicles for the rest of the ninja. The gear in there that belongs to her is basically a memento.

Just a waste of her character...hopefully they find a way to improve upon the samurai role before next season.

Edited by Master_Data
Spelling mistake

I honestly don't mind the idea of Nya having to decide between being a ninja and being a samurai. Even if those two concepts aren't mutually exclusive, I like the idea of her trying to put that older part of her life aside so she can focus more on being the best ninja she can be. Same as how an artist might move on from sculpture to focus more on their work as a painter. It's not as though a person can't sculpt AND paint, but if a person feels called in a new direction it's not always ideal to try and answer that call while also continuing on the same track they were on before.

Plus, "Samurai X" in the show has always been sort of a masked superhero, so I like the idea of somebody else taking on that mantle now that Nya no longer needs it (like how there's always a new Robin to take over when the previous one takes on a new identity).

so Ive watched the first 4 episodes and am liking it so far 

for those that have watched it 

big spoiler below DO not read if not watched 

Spoiler

do you think wu will die ?? surely they wouldn't but does anybody else know of any other big character deaths in lego themes

Edited by Benny benny BENNY
warning of spoiler

19 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

New trailer for this season and release dates here

A new episode every weekday starting May 15th! 

Ninjago airs daily? That's weird but good at the same time! Still long ways away though. 

5 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Ninjago airs daily? That's weird but good at the same time! Still long ways away though. 

Yeah, it's pretty exciting! The last time I remember them doing this was the second half of Possession.

On 4/12/2017 at 1:00 PM, Ashnflash said:

I'm pretty sure that's how they've aired them since Tournament of Elements. Or, at least how they air the second half of seasons since then. I guess they want to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.. but it probably is the best way to air a show like Ninjago.

So we finally get the US release date a few days before it airs... I guess it's better than not having an air date at all. Aside from a few spoilers like some of the ending, i'm going to be mostly fresh going into the season.

Also Kissartoon is down, so that might be a problem for people who can't/couldn't see episodes or the season.

Edited by gamejutzu

On 14-4-2017 at 10:57 PM, gamejutzu said:

Also Kissartoon is down, so that might be a problem for people who can't/couldn't see episodes or the season.

Edit: removed the link

5 hours ago, Dosenbrot said:

Its not down, they just changed the domain, its https://kisscartoon.io/ now. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Kiss Cartoon has been taken down indefinitely and will not be coming back. The .io site is a scam and phishing site, and full of malware. Be careful not to go on it and find other alternatives. Kiss cartoon's Admin's have set up a new site: Kim Cartoon. I have not tried it yet but have heard that it is good.

19 hours ago, Ninja of Fire said:

Kiss cartoon's Admin's have set up a new site: Kim Cartoon. I have not tried it yet but have heard that it is good.

Oh yeah. I recall Kisscartoon's Facebook and I think Twitter having some pictures of Kim from Kim Possible, so you could be right in that it's the new site. A little weird they chose that name, but it looks pretty decent.

Edited by gamejutzu

11 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Oh yeah. I recall Kisscartoon's Facebook and I think Twitter having some pictures of Kim from Kim Possible, so you could be right in that it's the new site. A little weird they chose that name, but it looks pretty decent.

About the schedule for the episodes, we're getting one later today, but will we get one on Sunday as well? Or will we get episode 2 on Monday instead? They said every weekday, yet the premiere is on Saturday.

Which country are you talking about? HoT doesn't start in the U.S. for another month...

5 hours ago, Vector Prime said:

Which country are you talking about? HoT doesn't start in the U.S. for another month...

What? Didn't they say it starts on the 15th? 

quoted from the Lego Twitter:

"An epic battle between past and present... In the US, #HandsofTime episodes on @cartoonnetwork every weekday from 5/15 - 5/26 #LEGONINJAGO"

... oh... :tongue:

Edited by gamejutzu

On 15.4.2017 at 4:13 AM, Ninja of Fire said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Kiss Cartoon has been taken down indefinitely and will not be coming back. The .io site is a scam and phishing site, and full of malware. Be careful not to go on it and find other alternatives. Kiss cartoon's Admin's have set up a new site: Kim Cartoon. I have not tried it yet but have heard that it is good.

Oh man didn't know that, thanks for warning me! *huh*

3 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

I watched Hands of Time and am hungry for more Ninjago seasons or specials.

We're in luck - Season 8 is in production and completely written!

Out of curiosity, I assume you watched it on TV in the UK, right? Or have they been released online in good video and audio quality in English?