Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Hah? Like dark red and dark blue, or what?

For the main color? If you're thinking "dark" along the lines of what BIONICLE fans would call "Metru blue" or "Metru red", not that dark. For Kai, on the top and bottom ends of each book is a near-black shade of red, with the remaining 75% being a speckled bright red and dark red with Kai in an orange spinjitzu tornado. As for Jay, near-black shade of blue on the top and bottom ends, with what I can only describe as dark blue, normal blue and trace amounts of a vibrant azure mixed in. There's no way to do the colors justice, pictures can't match how incredible they look. The front of the books are arguably even better, with the glossy finishes over certain areas and black, wispy smoke to make the bright colors look even brighter.

Also, some skybound pirates have the same back sword sheath print as Ronin. And that raises questions.

Wasn't a similar design used for the Zukin ninja?

For the main color? If you're thinking "dark" along the lines of what BIONICLE fans would call "Metru blue" or "Metru red", not that dark. For Kai, on the top and bottom ends of each book is a near-black shade of red, with the remaining 75% being a speckled bright red and dark red with Kai in an orange spinjitzu tornado. As for Jay, near-black shade of blue on the top and bottom ends, with what I can only describe as dark blue, normal blue and trace amounts of a vibrant azure mixed in. There's no way to do the colors justice, pictures can't match how incredible they look. The front of the books are arguably even better, with the glossy finishes over certain areas and black, wispy smoke to make the bright colors look even brighter.

Wasn't a similar design used for the Zukin ninja?

You mean for the ____ master of _____ books? Huh, need to take another look at them then.

This one is identical to Ronin's. Zukin ninja had one sheath. This one is a legitimate clone.

You mean for the ____ master of _____ books? Huh, need to take another look at them then.

No, for the hardcover versions of the dual character books (which are no longer dual in the hardcover editions)

This one is identical to Ronin's. Zukin ninja had one sheath. This one is a legitimate clone.

They actually aren't identical. They're close, but the details are all wrong.

Could be that Ronin was once one of the pirates, or it could just be that he once pilfered some old, disused pirate armor same as how he pilfers so many other things. It's definitely a bit early to draw conclusions, but you're right that the similarity between Ronin's armor and the pirates' armor (including the sword holders on his back and the orange metal plating on his arm) might not be a total coincidence.

Edited by Aanchir

...Ronin's... sword holders...

I always assumed that those were baton shaped grenades, as I never thought they looked like sword holders.

Or It could be just a similar print. You may be reading into torso printing a little to much. I agree, Ronin seems like he could be in with these pirates, but that should be assumes just by the nature of his character not some printing on his back.

Or It could be just a similar print. You may be reading into torso printing a little to much. I agree, Ronin seems like he could be in with these pirates, but that should be assumes just by the nature of his character not some printing on his back.

Ronin not only shares the same back print, but also the orange sleeve. It's a total connection. The fact that Ronin has a bionic eyepatch/eyevisor is just a coincidence

(and racist towards pirates :snicker:).

I'm pretty happy, this means we'll see more Ronin in the new season.

Ronin not only shares the same back print. The fact that Ronin has a bionic eyepatch/eyevisor is just a coincidence

(and racist towards pirates :snicker:).

1) No he doesn't.

2) Completely absent in the how.

3) what

1) No he doesn't.

2) Completely absent in the how.

3) what

The pirates have armored orange sleves. So does Ronin. Ronin also has a similar double sword sheath. What other proof is there to demand?

Also, from looking at the tiger widow island set, I think I know the use of the djinn blades.

The reason the Hage bros hashtag "run ___ run" and stuff is because if you are caught by the Skybound crew, the actual ninja will be trapped in the sword.

I think this because there's a poster in the tower room that shows a ninja in a sword, rather than an actual element, like a leaf or a flame.

I think what they meant by "trapped X element" was the brick element itself. Like slopes and transparent pieces. Not an actual power element.

So basically, instead of "trapped Kai element", it's just "trapped Kai".

Edited by gamejutzu

The pirates have armored orange sleves. So does Ronin. Ronin also has a similar double sword sheath.

Because we've never had endless speculation on minifigures (or details) that actually meant nothing before. Case in point:

Ash's belt

Tox

Paleman

Griffin Turner

Skylor's

What other proof is there to demand?

Tell me: If Ronin is going to play a major part in this series, one that even the set designers were aware of when designing the figures, why isn't he in any of the Skybound sets?

Tell me: If Ronin is going to play a major part in this series, one that even the set designers were aware of when designing the figures, why isn't he in any of the Skybound sets?

He won't be in the skybound season, but he will be in the season after that.

I personally agree with both of you. I think it's very plausible that Ronin is/was a member of the Pirates, but we shouldn't be so quick to come to a conclusion based on a figure design. Mandate brought up the example of Ash's belt. I seem to remember a large tussle about Ash being a servant of the Overlord, or something, because they shared a symbol. It was just a design on a figure. It's possible and I'm prepared to accept a humble 'I told you so' if it is true, but there isn't definitive evidence at the moment.

Because we've never had endless speculation on minifigures (or details) that actually meant nothing before. Case in point:

Ash's belt

Tox

Paleman

Griffin Turner

Skylor's special eyes

The heck is the eye thing? Like a joke or something?

Anyways, I know this sounds silly, but this isn't like one of those ^ things.

Ronin shares 2 similarities with the pirates. As you said, the set designers were completely aware that not only does Ronin also have a orange arm, but also a similar back print. Yet they still made it.

All those examples don't really play a role in the plot. What will Ash do, reveal himself to be the villain the whole time?? Who cares about Tox and Invizable?

I don't mean it that way, but this is genuinely not one of those things.

Sensei Wu wasn't in the ToE sets, but he was still in the season. So what's to say different about Ronin? He might not have an important part to play, but he can still be in there.

Why is it so hard to believe? No offense at all :wink:

Edited by gamejutzu

The heck is the eye thing? Like a joke or something?

njo135.jpg

I have Special Eyes...

Anyways, I know this sounds silly, but this isn't like one of those ^ things.

Are you sure?

Ronin shares 2 similarities with the pirates. As you said, the set designers were completely aware that not only does Ronin also have a orange arm, but also a similar back print. Yet they still made it.

Ronin also shared similarities with the Zukin outfits, which would mean he has a connection to Chen. Except that's no longer canon.

All those examples don't really play a role in the plot. What will Ash do, reveal himself to be the villain the whole time?? Who cares about Tox and Invizable?

I don't mean it that way, but this is genuinely not one of those things.

Forgive me, I forgot you hadn't joined Eurobricks when that kerfuffle kicked up.

When we first started getting details about ToE, when we first got a closer look at Ash's torso (this was before even episode 37 was out, possibly even 36) and found out it was the same symbol as the Overlord's, a lot of people speculated that Ash had some connection to the Overlord (bear in mind this was straight after the Overlord died and Zane survived).

Tox and Paleman garnered quite a bit of speculation that Ultra Agents and NINJAGO existed on the same planet, at the time we didn't know even half the names of the competitors so everyone assumed they were Toxikita and Invizible.

As for Griffin Turner, oh boy, you have no idea about that one. When episode 35 leaked (still can't remember if 36 had come out) They Who Shall Not Be Mentionedâ„¢ began speculating that Griffin Turner was in fact, a resurrected Dr Julien. I'm not kidding.

Finally, Skylor's Special Eyes. Can't remember any specific speculation surrounding them, not even any Batman jokes, but they were still a significant detail on a figure that had no actual purpose in the story.

Sensei Wu wasn't in the ToE sets, but he was still in the season. So what's to say different about Ronin? He might not have an important part to play, but he can still be in there.

Wu was barely in the season at all, and the only reason he was there at all was just to snap at Garmadon for comparatively ruining his life and attempt a spell. You could have removed Wu from the season and there would be no difference.

Why is it so hard to believe? No offense at all :wink:

It's not hard to believe, I'm just pointing out that we've been wrong on speculating things quite a few times. I remember when I thought ToE would be set in Hiroshi's Labyrinth, and when people began speculating about Ash. If you want to see a more extensive list of times the community has been wrong, just look up Ninjago Theories' history.

Edited by Mandate

I suppose he might actually have absolutely zero relation to the pirates, but it's more unlikely here than the others. Almost all the pirates wear orange on their limbs.

I'm getting pretty annoying, so I'll let you say told you so when the season airs.

Wu was barely in the season at all, and the only reason he was there at all was just to snap at Garmadon for comparatively ruining his life and attempt a spell. You could have removed Wu from the season and there would be no difference.

Wu was just chilling, kind of like a background character.

Ronin was kinda a minor-regular character in Possession. He'll probably just be chilling as well in the next season.

I suppose he might actually have absolutely zero relation to the pirates, but it's more unlikely here than the others. Almost all the pirates wear orange on their limbs.

I'm getting pretty annoying, so I'll let you say told you so when the season airs.

Don't let me discourage you from speculating, really. If you find anything more to connect Ronin and the pirates, go ahead and let everyone in the thread know. I've been burned by speculation before, which is probably the internal reason for why I seem to try to destroy it whenever I come across it. :tongue:

Don't let me discourage you from speculating, really. If you find anything more to connect Ronin and the pirates, go ahead and let everyone in the thread know. I've been burned by speculation before, which is probably the internal reason for why I seem to try to destroy it whenever I come across it. :tongue:

Hmm... Maybe Ronin's ship looks so freaking weird, just like Misfortune's Keep? They kinda look alike...

Hmm... Maybe Ronin's ship looks so freaking weird, just like Misfortune's Keep? They kinda look alike...

Not really. R.E.X. is a LOT more futuristic and polished than ANY of the pirate vehicles, which tend to be more ramshackle (with lots of wooden features). R.E.X. honestly has more in common with the Ninja vehicles (smooth, aerodynamic curves, blades, bright colors) than it has with any other villain vehicles, including the pirate vehicles.

Not really. R.E.X. is a LOT more futuristic and polished than ANY of the pirate vehicles, which tend to be more ramshackle (with lots of wooden features). R.E.X. honestly has more in common with the Ninja vehicles (smooth, aerodynamic curves, blades, bright colors) than it has with any other villain vehicles, including the pirate vehicles.

I was kidding though. I was just trying to make any other connection with Ronin and the pirates (as a joke).

You've gotta admit though, Ronin's R.E.X is weird. It has a strange front.

Kinda like a face. Know what else has a face? the M.K.

This is a really dumb speculation, but hey, it's still here.

I was kidding though. I was just trying to make any other connection with Ronin and the pirates (as a joke).

You've gotta admit though, Ronin's R.E.X is weird. It has a strange front.

Kinda like a face. Know what else has a face? the M.K.

This is a really dumb speculation, but hey, it's still here.

Most villain vehicles have faces too, so it's not much of an argument... :/

The REX is more high-tech, and the pirate vehicles are more old fashioned, as Lychir said...

Most villain vehicles have faces too, so it's not much of an argument... :/

The REX is more high-tech, and the pirate vehicles are more old fashioned, as Lychir said...

Good point.

Other than the torso and orange limb similarity, there's not much else to go on.

Gonna have to see the season when it comes in, what, March or something?

The Hageman brothers wish a happy holiday to their fans!

Their Twitter page has an awesome poster with the ninja rocking some weapons in the Monastery. If you look around the pictures, you'll also notice a few guests ;)

Does anyone think that Captain Soto and his crew will appear in this season? They are pirates. Maybe the Ninja will recruit them to fight the Skyrates.

Does anyone think that Captain Soto and his crew will appear in this season? They are pirates. Maybe the Ninja will recruit them to fight the Skyrates.

They'll probably make an appearance in Kryptarium. And maybe make a remark of two about the situation, for ironic and humor purposes.