Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

MINI Y-Wing Starfighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everybody!

It's been a while since my last Star Wars mini model has been posted here, thus I think it's time that we move along. :sweet: Today I'd like to share an Y-Wing Starfighter with you. Due to the complicated engine fuselage, this is a particular hard to build model with increasing difficulty the smaller you get by maintaining all details. I hope you will enjoy the following images.

See you soon with more new mini models! :sweet:

Cheers,

Christopher

y-wing-btl-s3-1.jpg

y-wing-btl-s3-3.jpg

y-wing-btl-s3-4.jpg

Nice mode, I like the use of helmets for the front of the engines, the use of binoculars is also I nice idea. I also like the technique you've used for the engine fuselage, can't wait to see your next model.

Great work again Legostein! The helmets fit perfectly on there!

I would really like to see your site getting updated more often!

It seems that its a bit hard on your site to get to the minifigs category, I don't know if you knew that, but could you fix that?

Hi

wow, just wow. The idea with the helmets is so great i even did not realised that you have used the skater helmets.

I do not want to critizise, but i am just curious about the fuse detail. The bar to plate with clip connection is an so called illegal build, isnt it? I have never seen this ins sets and think it stresses the clips a bit more than it is used to be.

Dino

I'm a great fan of your work. Although I try to aim to using less pieces and legal connections only, your work provides a great inspiration to me.

This model, is really nice. I like how you've improved on your previous design (th Y-wing from the Clone Wars). That is apparent in the great domes and the beautifully shaped cockpit.

The body looks a little bit undersized, if I compare it to my reference pictures (in fact, I used exactly the same piece for the body on my model!). And is the construction with the bars and clips very stable?

Anyway a great addition to your already amazing collection. I do hope you keep updating it regularly!