Jim

Generic Contest Discussion

Contest Setup  

309 members have voted

1. 2. Publish result list including...?

2. 3. Preferred building period?

3. 4. Preferred voting period?

4. 5. Favorite voting scheme? (multiple answers allowed)

• 20 points (distribute all, max 10 per entry)
    • 10 points (distribute all, max 5 per entry)
    • Old Formula One style (distribute 10, 6, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points)
    • New Formula One style (distribute 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 ,4, 2 and 1 points)
    • Eurovision Songfestival style (distribute 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points)
  5. 6. Public or private voting?

6. 7. Should we allow digital entries?

Ooh, thanks! I'm in the middle of about three MOCs right now, but I'll see if I can make time to enter!

How about create a polybag competition for next? Simple, fun, not many party needed and should be very open to anyone.

If @Jim has said there’s a competition coming that means he and @Milan already have it all worked out, so it’s just a waiting game. No point in making random suggestions of could it be this or that. Just be patient.

3 hours ago, Seasider said:

No point in making random suggestions of could it be this or that.

Of course we can make suggestions and offer ideas. Why wouldn't that be helpful for future contests? :)

34 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Of course we can make suggestions and offer ideas. Why wouldn't that be helpful for future contests? :)

I think @Seasider only meant that the next contest has already been decided, as the word "next" from @Zerobricks suggested a new contest.

There are many cool themes to come in future contests I think :-)

11 hours ago, Seasider said:

If @Jim has said there’s a competition coming that means he and @Milan already have it all worked out, so it’s just a waiting game.

Yeah, the theme for this contest is set and it will start soon :sweet:
But...

7 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

For sure, we always love to hear suggestions and ideas for future contests :classic:

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Contest idea: Build a Technic contraption from fiction.

Forx example, Vulture's suit from Spiderman. 

I think this or similar idea has been discussed earlier. The problem here would be defining the rules so that you couldn't just pick your favourite car/whatever and then find a fiction in which it's depicted in some way - if absolutely anything from any fiction were allowed, this would become almost limitless contest where anything goes, and I don't think that's a good idea.

9 hours ago, Jundis said:

I think @Seasider only meant that the next contest has already been decided, as the word "next" from @Zerobricks suggested a new contest.

There are many cool themes to come in future contests I think :-)

Yes I meant this … @Jim already has the next competition planned and @Zerobricks gave a suggestion for the next competition.

what i was meant to say it’s ok to suggest ideas for the competition after the next but obviously not the next as that’s already sorted 

On 5/26/2021 at 1:48 AM, msk6003 said:

@Jim will writing rules but I has another contest idea

We need build car. But car must come in movie, game and toy.

And not allowed model based any kind of real car.

So

Knight rider K.I.T.T is based pontiac firebird - not allowed

Ghost busters ECTO-1 is based classic cadllic - not allowed

Hot wheels Twin mill is not based any real car - allowed

Justice league batmobile is not based any real car - allowed

How about this idea?

The reason why I banned the model based on the actual vehicle is simply that we already make a/have a large amount of the actual vehicle model.

It's also because I don't want to see real cars in simulation games such as Forza and Gran Turismo in the name of "vehicle in the game."

Only exception of this rule is concept car. like TV serise batmobile - Lincoln futura.

@howitzer Are you mean this?

That's what I call a proper contest theme! Generic and specific at the same time! I wish I had time to enter

Edited by Lipko