Sign in to follow this  
schermvlieger

[MOD] 8065 Mini Dump Truck with Steering

Hi again,

I just finished recreating my mod of the 8065 mini Dump Truck and would like to share it with you.

There's two things missing/different in the lxf than the original moc (not counting the bucket); the bevel gear for the tilting mechanism rubs against the worm gear so LDD did not allow me to put it in the actual place. The black 5l half beam at the top front of the cabin holds two 1x1 clear round plates in reality but as this is an illegal connection I had to leave it out in LDD.

8065+with+steering.png

Happy building,

Sandor

Edited by schermvlieger

Looks cool :classic: after all the things I've read on this forum, LDD seems to be quite a pain in the megablocks sometimes :laugh:

Nice model. I've used LDD in the past and found it a bit frustrating. I use pen and paper sometimes when it comes to working things out, or just get on and build with the parts.

H

Since the model is so compact, photos give little more information, so i made some screenshots in LDD instead.

8065+with+steering+-+002.png

The light grey axle joiner with the vertical steering axis going through it needs to be positioned the other way around of course, so the axle can rotate.

I only just noticed that mistake in de model :)

8065+with+steering+-+001.png

8065+with+steering+-+003.png

Here you can see the location where the 2nd bevel gear should go but LDD won't let me place it because it rubs slightly agains the worm gear. I did not find an easy way to put the worm gear one or even 1/2 stud backward without lenghtening the chassis even further, so I left it at that.

I hope these are useful!

Happy building :)

Edited by schermvlieger

I forgot to mention that front and back are separate modules; only two axles need to be removed to take the front (or back if you wish) off and replace it with something else.

8065+with+steering+-+004.png

That's cool, I like modular designs. You can make few more backs or fronts (probably more backs :) )

For some time I have been trying to create a pneumatic driven scissor lift small and compact enough to be used as an alternative back module. This morning I decided to let go of the pneumatics idea and converted it into a worm-gear driven mechanism. This time there were no problems to complete the model in LDD, other than it not having available the 9M beam in the correct color (dark grey):

8065+hoogwerker+-+regular.png

The real thing:

8065+hoogwerker+-+regular-+photo.png