Sign in to follow this  
Creatorman

Rocka Madness?

Hello,

Since 2011, Rocka has been featured in 5 sets, a duplicate in this year. In compairson to many other heroes, excluding Stormer and Furno, it seems as if he is being overmarketed. Could this be because of his gold color? Relation to younger audiences? Coolness factor in story? Or any other reason? Discuss and debate.

Doubtful, as Takanuva had only 3 official releases in 03, 08 and 10 respectively. Rocka has gotten a release since he appeared in Savage Planet, so I'm betting it's the gold, which did kind of vanish from Bionicle after Brutaka.

Doubtful, as Takanuva had only 3 official releases in 03, 08 and 10 respectively. Rocka has gotten a release since he appeared in Savage Planet, so I'm betting it's the gold, which did kind of vanish from Bionicle after Brutaka.

Well yeah, but he was the most featured character in '03, until everything went Metru.

i think lego just make it to take turns of who get the spotlight. according to the rumour, it seems there are no rocka set in 2014, instead, there's a bunch of evo.

i think lego just make it to take turns of who get the spotlight. according to the rumour, it seems there are no rocka set in 2014, instead, there's a bunch of evo.

The presumably preliminary set list we've got does include Rocka, though.

-Gata signoff.png

The presumably preliminary set list we've got does include Rocka, though.

-Gata signoff.png

yes, but only one set. not like evo that appear on three sets at once.

Hello,

Since 2011, Rocka has been featured in 5 sets, a duplicate in this year. In compairson to many other heroes, excluding Stormer and Furno, it seems as if he is being overmarketed. Could this be because of his gold color? Relation to younger audiences? Coolness factor in story? Or any other reason? Discuss and debate.

You forgot to mention Bulk, who, just like Stormer, has also appeared in five sets to date.

But at the same time, no hero so far has appeared in fewer than three sets, and all but Nex and Stringer have appeared in at least four sets, so Rocka's number of set appearances isn't really too far from the norm. He was probably chosen to appear in a second set in 2013 just because he was the hero the set designers and focus groups decided would look coolest in the jetpack. That hardly seems to me like he could be considered "overmarketed".

I'm going to decline to speak on the 2014 lineup just because it is still extremely vague what the contents of each set will be.

If it's Evo's year next year then I'll be a happy little cow.