just2good

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Too much negativity surrounding this movie, remember we are looking at it from an adult, long time fan point of view. Transformers for instance, children had no clue about it and the movie sparked their interest in the brand. This movie is the re-branding of TMNT for the next generation as well as the old fans who chose to embrace it.

Kids are gonna love it.

We get the best of both worlds, an awesome new show which is doing well enough for nick to keep throwing money storm ore seasons, and a new film we may or may not like. Just enjoy the ride, I know I am.

New commercial highlighting this month's TMNT sets (minus Shredder's Lair):

I just got Karai Bike Escape and have to say I'm pretty impressed. 2 awesome minifigs (I have all 4 turtles now, which is the best thing to happen to anyone ever), a nice bike, great weapons and actually a pretty decent pack for parts. My mind was racing the whole time I built it-- there's just a lot to work with here. I love the street signs and newspaper stand, too. Those little things really add some character to any Lego world. Price per piece ratio isn't great, but what you do get is amazing. Some really good leftover pieces too. This might be the only set I get from this wave, but I'm super happy with it.

New commercial highlighting this month's TMNT sets (minus Shredder's Lair):

Hey, since when is Leatherhead teamed up with the turtles? This is new to me. The set is cool thought, my favourite is the mini-sub

Hey, since when is Leatherhead teamed up with the turtles? This is new to me. The set is cool thought, my favourite is the mini-sub

In the current animated series, Leatherhead helps the Turtles fight the Kraang to protect the power cell and to stop the portal to Dimension X. It's not exactly teaming up (Leatherhead is too much of a loose cannon for a proper team up) but it's pretty close to it. The advert likely presents them working together based on the TV series and to clarify to children that Leatherhead is a hero rather than a villain.

Leatherhead is apparently a major character in series 3, him and Mikey team ups all over the place and living close to the turtles.

Leatherhead is apparently a major character in series 3, him and Mikey team ups all over the place and living close to the turtles.

That's interesting, after all the Shellraiser was his home originally.

I think the lair and the turtle van look great and really harken back to the 2003 cartoon which I loved unashamedly. If the tone and fun of the movie is that sort of feel then it should be fun to watch. The trailer gave off what I would define as a GI Joe retaliation style vibe and that I enjoyed and it is a shame that didn't get Lego sets cause there was lots of potential there. Maybe the 3rd one will if we are lucky (unless kreo beats Lego to the plate) I would hope that kreo would no longer exist when the third film comes out. Back on topic I really dig the shredder more so than the 2013 version as it just seems really cool I mean the silver and blue look once again seems similar to the shredder of the 2003 series and the printing on the helmet and the armour mould just seem far superior than the 2013 version although I like the burns on the face its good that this one in the movie line has no scars which I quite like for some unknown reason.

I think the lair and the turtle van look great and really harken back to the 2003 cartoon which I loved unashamedly. If the tone and fun of the movie is that sort of feel then it should be fun to watch. The trailer gave off what I would define as a GI Joe retaliation style vibe and that I enjoyed and it is a shame that didn't get Lego sets cause there was lots of potential there. Maybe the 3rd one will if we are lucky (unless kreo beats Lego to the plate) I would hope that kreo would no longer exist when the third film comes out. Back on topic I really dig the shredder more so than the 2013 version as it just seems really cool I mean the silver and blue look once again seems similar to the shredder of the 2003 series and the printing on the helmet and the armour mould just seem far superior than the 2013 version although I like the burns on the face its good that this one in the movie line has no scars which I quite like for some unknown reason.

Kre-o and G.I.Joe are products of Hasbro, we'll never get G.I.Joe lego.

Got Shredder's Lair, T-Sub and Karai Bike ... GREAT sets. I'm not really liking the T-Rawket, gonna pass on that one but next up the Mutagen Chamber. I can't wait for more sets! I REALLY can't wait for a Lego TMNT game - that's gonna be sweet.

The movie sets look ... WAY better than the movie, haha. I'll decide when I see them in person.

I REALLY can't wait for a Lego TMNT game - that's gonna be sweet.

I'd like that very much, though I'm not counting on it.

I'd like that very much, though I'm not counting on it.

I wouldn't say where 'getting' it but I would say its a possibility.

Too much negativity surrounding this movie, remember we are looking at it from an adult, long time fan point of view. Transformers for instance, children had no clue about it and the movie sparked their interest in the brand. This movie is the re-branding of TMNT for the next generation as well as the old fans who chose to embrace it.

I'd be fine with that but kids are stupid. They like stupid things. Heck, I'd say TMNT was stupid back when I was a stupid kid. I'd much rather these franchises grow up with us rather than get passed down.

Don't underestimate children I've met some that recite Star Wars, and other large franchises like they had a exam on it, they are the reason we sit here enjoying Lego. They are the only reason Lego exists and it is primarily produced for them. So thank them for keeping Lego up and running before judging their level of intelligence.

I'd be fine with that but kids are stupid. They like stupid things. Heck, I'd say TMNT was stupid back when I was a stupid kid. I'd much rather these franchises grow up with us rather than get passed down.

kids brains are incredible, I'd rather share something I love with them than selfishly keep it for myself. I'm 27 and have two sisters aged 5 (twins) and there is no better feeling than introducing them to things like Powerpuff Girls or TMNT and seeing the look of wonder if their eyes.

Amen to that, I'm tired of having to tone down the hate of people evey time we talk about it. I mean, I don't expect it to be an amazing piece of art, considering who's involved but it certainly looks like a lot of fun.

On topic I got the Turtle sub yesterday and I absolutely LOVE it. It's my favourite TMNT Set so far (I got all the previous wave but I have to admit this new one doesn't excite me as much). That set has a great look, a nice little detail (pedals on the seat :wub: ) and a really simple mechanic that makes the fins go flap when you roll it on the floor. It's awesome.

I'm a bit confused by the minifig line up this time around, though. the turtle sub and mutation chamber have three turtles in scuba gear then the T-rawket has two in warm clothing and then the last three are in their basic look with just a belt. Are they going to release new set to fill in the missing ones in gear ? (Mikey is missing a scuba gear and Leo and Raph are bound to get cold, aparently)

Edited by yellost

The 'outfits' on the minifigures are thought up by Lego, its not uncommon for them to do so, so that we pick the sets up for the exclusive minifigs and so that we do not have Turtle armies, we have seen the turtle sub scuba gear in the series but as far as Raph's metal suit, Mickey's orange jumper and Donnie's fleece go we are yet to see the turtles in those outfits.

Another thing to remember is Lego cram different episodes in one set and conjure up a story line that vaguely resembles something that took place in the series .

On the subject of the outfits being thought up by LEGO, it isn't surprising that they have done this. Toy companies often create random character variations from their own imaginations to increase/ensure sales. This case is no different. In this case, the new Turtle variants provide more incentive to buy the new sets than if the sets contained the same variants we saw last year.

Precisely. I know for myself, the T-Rawket Sky Strike looks average at best and I consider it overpriced (even taking away Canadian markup), but the exclusive minifigs in that set keep calling out to me.

Edited by Fritzy

I know those outfits are made up by tlc and I certainly don't mind, far from it. It's that they haven't done a complete set of each type that bothers me. What if a kid wants to have an adventure underwater (god knows I don't play with mine, I'm in my 30s :laugh: ) ? He'll have to find a reason why mikey can't follow or has to remain in the sub...

... damn, that is a metal suit... From the face plate on the small pictures I thought it was another scuba suit... sad...

Well, I hope they plan on releasing more of those...