DrJB

How many on here have bought a 41999 but refuse to open it?

I'm one of those ... simply afraid to leave my fingerprints on the delicate parts ... and soil the set for ever.

So, be brave, come forward and acknowledge it is on a shelf, protected from dust and light .... etc.

One to play with, two in the box. There was no way I was going to buy one and not put it together.

What if, one of those non-open sets has License Plate 00001 of 20000?

I bet a large fraction of those sets will remain sealed for a long long time ...

I opened mine. And I'm going to mix it in with my collection, just like every other set I've ever gotten. I see no point in just leaving something on a shelf, and not using it. And I can still sell it, if I ever so desire.

What if, one of those non-open sets has License Plate 00001 of 20000?

I bet a large fraction of those sets will remain sealed for a long long time ...

Especially if it's true that someone bought 200 of them. It's going to be a long time before he can unload all of them.

@superCAD if only I had your Technic budget!

The power of plastic, my friend. Now I have to find a way to pay the bill and avoid the interest.

I'm not ashamed at all. I wasn't even aware that there was a limit until I viewed the threads on this site. At least I'm not trying to get rich by selling them on evil-bay.

I opened and built mine, and stickered it up as well.

The way I see it, you want to enjoy the set, not hoard it away to profit off it later. Although that said I'm sure it will appreciate in value being a limited run regardless of weather it has been opened or not.

I would like to open mine but having to work away for a few months so I have to wait until I get home to open it. I would really like 8285 for a number.

The power of plastic, my friend.

you use plastic to buy plastic. sorry couldn't help it :blush:

mine is still sealed, couldn't find the time to build it. and I want to enjoy and savour when building it :grin:

Congrats people for getting that many of this limited set out of the life-circle.

Yep, really selfish.

Parts were missing on a few sets, collectors should do a count before shelving.

How long does lego last and will it be worth a lot in years to come?

I don't see how anyone could buy the set and not open it as soon as you got it home. To those who did not open it because of work or some other distraction, open it at Christmas and enjoy.

H

*Raises hand

Anyway, I hope Lego will produce some more soon, I'm not going to pay these #$@#$@ who are hoarding this set.

People who bought more than one and are not ashamed to admit it have no conscience. I certainly wouldn't brag about robbing someone else of this set :thumbdown: